First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Real Estate
My "new to me" 2019 Lariat with B/O sound system sounds really good from the front speakers. If you move the fade to the rear, they are weak and sound awful. So much so, I thought they were defective and took the truck to Ford to have them replaced. Service manager said that's just how they sound. We went onto the lot and hopped in a brand new Tremor Lariat and sure enough, when you move the fade to the rear, they sound identical to my truck. So, they sound terrible too. LOL!!!

I generally leave the fade in the middle, but that doesn't change the fact that the rear speakers are anemic at best.

Is there some recommended plug and play rear speaker replacements? I saw the thread about the four speaker "kit" from Stage 3 motorsports. I only want to replace the rear speakers, not the fronts.

Any recommendations?
Sponsored

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
My "new to me" 2019 Lariat with B/O sound system sounds really good from the front speakers. If you move the fade to the rear, they are weak and sound awful. So much so, I thought they were defective and took the truck to Ford to have them replaced. Service manager said that's just how they sound. We went onto the lot and hopped in a brand new Tremor Lariat and sure enough, when you move the fade to the rear, they sound identical to my truck. So, they sound terrible too. LOL!!!

I generally leave the fade in the middle, but that doesn't change the fact that the rear speakers are anemic at best.

Is there some recommended plug and play rear speaker replacements? I saw the thread about the four speaker "kit" from Stage 3 motorsports. I only want to replace the rear speakers, not the fronts.

Any recommendations?
Thats strange. I don't have B&O, but I haven't noticed the rears being worse in my scab, but I'll test them next time I'm in there.

But, I would probably guess that when you replace the rears and they then sound better than the fronts, then you might kick yourself for not buying a whole set.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT
Could be the co-axials Ford used in the read on the B&O are crap, or that the system doesn't push enough power to the rear to properly drive them.

Take a look at Crutchfield for speaker options. There's plenty of options available and they also provide mounting hardware and wiring adapters with the speakers. They also have really excellent support.

If you're going to replace the speakers, may as well as sound deadening mat to the doors as well.

Last edited:

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Rear speakers aren't as important as front speakers since you don't listen with the back of your ears.

Knowing this, many manufacturers cheap out on the rears.

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
I noticed the same thing. Its a lot like my 2014 focus. Theres more bass etc coming out of the front speakers.
In the Scab, I head more of the highs coming from the rear but, I also have the audio set to everyone and not just the driver.
I set it to driver and, it sounded like it was all coming out of the front left. Ehh..... Time for a full audio upgrade anyways

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I noticed the same thing. Its a lot like my 2014 focus. Theres more bass etc coming out of the front speakers.
In the Scab, I head more of the highs coming from the rear but, I also have the audio set to everyone and not just the driver.
I set it to driver and, it sounded like it was all coming out of the front left. Ehh..... Time for a full audio upgrade anyways
Give this one a peek...

13" Vertical Android Head Unit Ford Ranger

s-l1600.jpg

bzmotoninja83

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 2014 Focus 2000 Explorer 1987 Goldwing
I like large screens as much as the next guy BUT... I find it easier to use a physical button/dial.

gasmanjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 XLT FX4, '19 Beetle Final Edition
Occupation
Gas leak inspector

Any recommendations?
Because of this, I rewired my sub to be tapped from the fronts speakers instead of the rear... night & day difference for the better.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Because of this, I rewired my sub to be tapped from the fronts speakers instead of the rear... night & day difference for the better.
Interesting. I tested my non B&O system in my SCAB and didn't hear any dif, front to back. I don't hate the stereo, but it could be better. I swapped the front tweets, and don't think I'll change the door speakers, but I'm tempted. An underseat sub would be nice, too, but.....
Sponsored