First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I don't know what the factory speakers are rated for but I'm looking at swapping out the speakers in my supercab for better sound quality. I don't plan on adding an amp since from reading on here it's more work than I'm interested in. I'm looking at JBL component speakers that get great reviews an are rated at 3 ohms. I may not change the rears since I read on here it's a major pain but if I do I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 6.5 coax speakers I removed from my Harley to put Hertz speakers in.

Once on my bike I mixed 4 an 2 ohm speakers an that amp didn't seem to last very long, I don't want to damage the factory radio. I wish there was a fader on the factory radio.

Any input appreciated....If I don't get any answers I'll just find a 4 ohm component set that sounds good for the fronts an leave the rears. I also have a pair of 3 way Rockford Fosgate new in the box I bought for a jeep I had but never installed them.
Sponsored

Tillikillit

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Fx4
Occupation
Glorified Knuckle Dragger for NASA
I don't know what the factory speakers are rated for but I'm looking at swapping out the speakers in my supercab for better sound quality. I don't plan on adding an amp since from reading on here it's more work than I'm interested in. I'm looking at JBL component speakers that get great reviews an are rated at 3 ohms. I may not change the rears since I read on here it's a major pain but if I do I have a pair of Infinity Kappa 6.5 coax speakers I removed from my Harley to put Hertz speakers in.

Once on my bike I mixed 4 an 2 ohm speakers an that amp didn't seem to last very long, I don't want to damage the factory radio. I wish there was a fader on the factory radio.

Any input appreciated....If I don't get any answers I'll just find a 4 ohm component set that sounds good for the fronts an leave the rears. I also have a pair of 3 way Rockford Fosgate new in the box I bought for a jeep I had but never installed them.
Power Bass makes some great plug n play speakers for your fronts that sound much better than stock. OE652-FD Coaxial OEM.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
There is a fader on the Lariat SC and I don't believe it's an upgrade from an XLT other than maybe screen size. The fade is in the audio controls.

OP
OP
Langwilliams

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
There is a fader on the Lariat SC and I don't believe it's an upgrade from an XLT other than maybe screen size. The fade is in the audio controls.
I'll check again but I went through the settings an the only option I saw on my XLT was driver only or normal.

Rviator

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A 2019 Ford Ranger of course, and a 2015 Yamaha YZF-R3
Occupation
retired aerospace engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I'll check again but I went through the settings an the only option I saw on my XLT was driver only or normal.
You made me check on how to get there lol
Tap settings bottom right of main screen then sound
Balance/fade pulls up the balance sliders
You should get this if they're the same radio.
image0.jpeg

Robisten8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4WD, 2021 Bronco Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Personal experience from changing out aftermarket speakers and not adding an amp is don't do it. You will want to add an amp to power any aftermarket speaker to get better performance from the speakers. While Ford is not in the business of music and sound from its speakers, I guarantee they have the stock systems tuned pretty well. Tapping into the existing speakers is really no big deal for anyone that has worked on car audio even as a weekend warrior.

BassRanger

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Supercab STX, 2010 Mustang
Occupation
Goodyear
4 to 3 ohm nominal impedance change isn't that significant. The stock amp should be fine handling that load, if the stock drivers are 4 ohms.

OP
OP
Langwilliams

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I checked an I do have that screen. I don't remember seeing it a year ago.

I figure if I have different ohm speakers in back I can reduce power to them an not hurt anything.
Sponsored