First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Carpenter
Ok everybody, bought a 2020 Ford Ranger XL and it’s my first truck. I can’t tell you how happy I am with the truck... it’s my first brand new vehicle and I’m on a pink cloud right now.

It’s the truck I wanted but not the wheels I wanted. So I’m attempting to order some new wheels instead of the steel ones. I want to order new wheels but want to keep the same tires.

Don't judge me haha, but all of the measurements and offset, etc. is really making me paranoid about purchasing ones that will fit these tires. My tires are 255 70 R16. Can someone please point me in the right direction on what wheels will fit these tires? Obviously they have to be 16”, and ones that would fit the model, but is that all I would need to know? Thanks everybody for the help! Awesome forum here.

2A01E0AA-244B-444B-B446-EACDD783C1E3.jpeg
Sponsored

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
My suggestion is to go to Tire Rack first. You can also check Stage 3 Motorsports. Stage 3 has a lot of part options for the Rangers amd will most likely get you on your journey with they truck.

Also the factory offset is +55.

OP
OP

UpstateNY315

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Carpenter
My suggestion is to go to Tire Rack first. You can also check Stage 3 Motorsports. Stage 3 has a lot of part options for the Rangers amd will most likely get you on your journey with they truck.

Also the factory offset is +55.
Thanks for the info, I will check them out. Would 0 mm offset work? The only wheels I’ve seen with a +55 offset are the steel wheels that I already have. This is probably a bone head question but im not familiar with any of this stuff

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for the info, I will check them out. Would 0 mm offset work? The only wheels I’ve seen with a +55 offset are the steel wheels that I already have. This is probably a bone head question but im not familiar with any of this stuff
I could but with the stock tires it will look very goofy. My suggestion is to not go more than an extra 25 mm difference from the factory.

If you are looking to go Offroad with you truck then I suggest you watch this video. I also recommend watching this particular YouTuber as he has a lot of good general information for Offroad vehicles.

OP
OP

UpstateNY315

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Carpenter
I could but with the stock tires it will look very goofy. My suggestion is to not go more than an extra 25 mm difference from the factory.

If you are looking to go Offroad with you truck then I suggest you watch this video. I also recommend watching this particular YouTuber as he has a lot of good general information for Offroad vehicles.

Thank you so much!

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
Here is a pic of mine with +35 offset. It's only ~3/4" difference, but the tires are now almost flush with the fender vs being slightly tucked in. You can go with any of the stock sizes of tires and wheels that our trucks come with from the factory without having to worry about correcting the speedometer.

New wheels profile.png

New wheels front.jpg

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
There's some great deals on factory wheels and tires right here in 5G. You're in the right area too.

bjfoien

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Extended Cab XLT FX4
Occupation
Realtor
Bought this exact set for the wife's snow tires. Tire still had the "nubs" on them, TPMS sensors still on.

OP
OP

UpstateNY315

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XL
Occupation
Carpenter
Bought this exact set for the wife's snow tires. Tire still had the "nubs" on them, TPMS sensors still on.
Nice find! Only 2 left though. What a deal. I’ll have to keep checking for this kind of stuff. Somebody mentioned I’m in the right area to buy wheels but not much listed in NY