2019 ranger- Need help selecting correct offset for wheels (leveling kit)

Nixonnow99

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Traffic Signal Technician
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat.

I am in the process of purchasing the 2.5” leveling kit, wheels, tires, etc.

I’m struggling to figure out which offset is best for me. Currently looking at the method race wheels 306. 18x9 with -12 offset.
Will that offset work for my truck? Clearance wise. Not looking for them to stick out super far.
Sponsored

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
55 is stock ( tucked in ) -12 will damn near have the whole tire hanging outside the fender ( not really but it's almost a 3 inch slide outward. If you want them out a bit but not hanging out past the fender go for a 25.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat.

I am in the process of purchasing the 2.5” leveling kit, wheels, tires, etc.

I’m struggling to figure out which offset is best for me. Currently looking at the method race wheels 306. 18x9 with -12 offset.
Will that offset work for my truck? Clearance wise. Not looking for them to stick out super far.
Charlie is right, -12mm will make our truck look like a skateboard. I have a 15mm offset and my 275s are about flush with my pocket flares. 20-25mm will allow for a slightly wider tire without pushing things out too far.

Use this link to learn more about wheel offsets and to see how different offsets change the tire position.

https://tiresize.com/wheel-offset-calculator/

OP
OP

Nixonnow99

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Wow. Glad I asked y’all before ordering. I’ll go back and look for some with a positive offset.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
One guy on here recently got some OZ Rally Raid wheels. They are a 44 offset(if i remember correctly) and allow for 285/70-17 tires to fit without having to do any(or minimal) modifications after a lift or leveling kit.

Jtholz

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, FX4, Blackout, 501A, Tow Package
Vehicle Showcase
I have +18s on my truck. I am very happy with those. You may have to remove the intrusion bars though.

OP
OP

Nixonnow99

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
I have +18s on my truck. I am very happy with those. You may have to remove the intrusion bars though.
That’s what I just ordered. +18. Do you happen to have any pics of your truck that I could see?

NvrFinished

First Name
Shea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 XLT 4x4 Rapid Red
That’s what I just ordered. +18. Do you happen to have any pics of your truck that I could see?
Hover your curser over a members user name / handle. A pop-up will display and show if the member has a showcase or not. If they do, then there will be pictures. I checked and he has some good shots. You can find them here.

OP
OP

Nixonnow99

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Hover your curser over a members user name / handle. A pop-up will display and show if the member has a showcase or not. If they do, then there will be pictures. I checked and he has some good shots. You can find them here.
Thank you

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
I also have +18's on a 2 1/2" front level. They sit out just a touch. Anything more than that and you are looking into aftermarket fender flares. Not a bad look in my opinion, just more money.

SteweyOne

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
-12 offset might be a bit too much (in my opinion). I have 0 offset wheels with 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak A/T3W times.

Note that even with 265/70/17 tires, they will still rub the crash bars at full lock slightly with that aggressive of a negative offset. My current wheel/tire setup rubs my crash bars ever so slightly. Not sure if you wanted to remove your crash bars or not so thought I would mention it.

IMG-1568.jpg

OP
OP

Nixonnow99

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Yea anything negative puts you into the roller skate category. Many rednecks in my area go for that. Not my cup of tea though.
For sure man. Not mine either. I Jw fed up ordering some 18x9 +18 methods.
Sponsored