First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
Occupation
Sales
Well the wait is finally over as I picked my 2021 Lariat Carbonized Gray Tremor today. I came from a 2019 F150 SCrew Lariat Special Appearance Pkg, and I have had 3 previous F150's and enjoyed them all and they were all good trucks. I put on about 200km and here are my first impressions.....

The Tremor package is well worth the money. I test drove a Lariat FX4, XLT sport and the Tremor is hands down the best ride of all the Rangers, and in fact the best ride of any F150 I have ever owned as well. Ford has nailed it with this shock package. I am very impressed with the ride and handling, this is the way every truck should feel on the road, no roll, no bouncy feel, just planted and smooth. My 17 yr old daughter even commented on the ride home how much better the ride was than my F150.

The motor is impressive, I have no complaints, it is peppy and serves the truck well.

The transmission works well, I have had this trans in my F150 so I knew what to expect. In Drive mode I felt it performed well, could the shift pattern be a bit better, yeah but I have no complaints. In Sport mode, it shifts way better, sometimes the gear hangs a bit longer that I would like but again overall, very happy with it thus far. I would love to try a tuned 2.3/10 speed and see how that would perform, no plans to tune the truck, but you never know what the future may hold.

The interior is not sexy, but it is functional. Could it use a refresh, sure it could, but I am more than happy with the overall layout. I am a little anxious that the 2022's will be way more up to date in terms of the cool factor, but I have everything I need and I love adaptive cruise it is awesome. The seats are very comfortable in the Tremor, better than my F150. Storage is a bit lacking, but I will make do with what I have. The front doors and the tin can like sound when you close the doors is a bit disappointing but I have already researched some sound deadening material, so I will look into that a bit more. Any recommendations would be appreciated. Wind noise and general background noise at speed is acceptable. The B&O stereo is very good, had it in my F150 as well. The driver display gauges and driver info controls are a bit dated and certainly will be better on the 2022's I would think

The Tremor package gives the truck the look and stance I was looking for. Could you get the same look with aftermarket add on's...sure but the truck just looks awesome as it is.

The fuel mileage so far has been very good....about 10.5L/100km (22mpg), no complaints about that.

Are there a few creature comforts that I will miss moving away from my F150, yes there are a few, but overall I could not be happier with the Ranger Tremor, it has really impressed me so far, Ford pretty much nailed it with this combo.

I had the windows tinted, added a tonneau, will add the tailgate damper, exhaust tip, red tow hooks, as well as get some tailgate lettering done and that should complete the to-do list for the time being.

It was a crappy day for any pics today, will post up some once I get the some of the add on's done
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tre_77

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
I’m in the same boat. Trade my f150 for the tremor lariat. Very impressed so far and have the Ford performance tune ordered. The only issue I’m working through is the lack of storage. We were spoiled in the f150 lol. Otherwise fantastic vehicle

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Well the wait is finally over as I picked my 2021 Lariat Carbonized Gray Tremor today. I came from a 2019 F150 SCrew Lariat Special Appearance Pkg, and I have had 3 previous F150's and enjoyed them all and they were all good trucks. I put on about 200km and here are my first impressions.....
I’m in the same boat. Trade my f150 for the tremor lariat. Very impressed so far and have the Ford performance tune ordered. The only issue I’m working through is the lack of storage. We were spoiled in the f150 lol. Otherwise fantastic vehicle…..
Bunch of good ol’ Ontario boys right there doing things the right way. And you young guys out there, don’t try none of this Tom Foolery and Shenanigans you see some of those other guys pullin’ - like I always tell ya, stick to the basics. ???

Tim, I’ll watch for that carbonized grey rig of yours around the streets of TO.

Trevor, Ontario’s a big place - NESW?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I drive a lot for my job so you will see my truck all over the province. Maybe we need a Ontario based Tremor show and shine some day.

OP
OP
Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Hey Trevor I would be very interested in hearing about the FP Tune when you get it installed, I am considering doing it. How much are the dealers asking for it here in Ont?

Tre_77

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Hey Trevor I would be very interested in hearing about the FP Tune when you get it installed, I am considering doing it. How much are the dealers asking for it here in Ont?
i has the dealership work it into my price, but in Canada it’s called the roush performance package. It’s a bit steep at 1700$ but it includes the official tune and the roush cold air intake
It’s back ordered right now but should be in in 6 weeks or so. I’m good with that because it gives me more time to feel out the stock performance and better judge the difference when it comes

OP
OP
Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Damn, I guess I should have it built into the price as well....lol

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
OP
OP
Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
Thanks for this Anthony, I have one on order just waiting to get it along with some other goodies.

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
I drive a lot for my job so you will see my truck all over the province. Maybe we need a Ontario based Tremor show and shine some day.
I’m all for that …no Tremor here but a RANGER nonetheless. Georgetown here ….

OP
OP
Turbo Tim

Turbo Tim

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales
I’m all for that …no Tremor here but a RANGER nonetheless. Georgetown here ….
Cool I think we are on to something, all GTA Rangers, let’s do this…..

Yaegerbomb89

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Occupation
Software
Really like your truck! I have a day two reservation on a bronco, but I keep coming back to the ranger the longer I wait for it. The top doesn’t come off, but it’s much more practical and my dealer said they would do x-plan on it.
I’m also wondering what 2022 will offer, and if I should just wait. The tremor is really nice though. I really enjoyed the one I got to drive.
Sponsored