Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Went over to the Smokey mountains this weekend and took the bikes along. My bike decided to leave its mark on my tailgate. View attachment 52629
20200823_185549.jpg
first one is always the worst, now you can wheel it and not worry about pinstripes or other scratches.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Went over to the Smokey mountains this weekend and took the bikes along. My bike decided to leave its mark on my tailgate. View attachment 52629
20200823_185549.jpg

At least it wasn't a huge pinstripe down side the like I did with my Tacoma. I had only had it for a couple weeks and went off roading with a friend who took me down a tight scrubby trail. Once you're committed there's no turning back.

OP
OP
Tiggger1531

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF
Yep the first one hurts. Will get some touch up paint be almost good as new. At least there wasn't any dent in the panel.

OP
OP
Tiggger1531

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF
Are you one of those guys that hangs your bike over the tailgate?
Nope. I have a hitch mount for my bikes. I usually always put my wife's bike on first. This time I forgot and put mine on first. My one brake lever rubbed against the tailgate. Didn't pay attention to it when I first loaded it on. Stopped for a break and checked the bikes and found it. Oh well, life goes on!

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
The other day I hooked up my trailer for the first time and it did not lock down on the hitch ball.

When I got to the end of my road and turned on the main highway the trailer came loose and only the safety chains saved it from flying down the road.

I thought everything was ok, but I later found out that I had scratched the bottom of my rear bumper.

Had to buy some magnetic gray touch up paint. Luckily it worked and you can’t see it unless you really look hard.

Oh well it is a truck!

OP
OP
Tiggger1531

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF
The other day I hooked up my trailer for the first time and it did not lock down on the hitch ball.

When I got to the end of my road and turned on the main highway the trailer came loose and only the safety chains saved it from flying down the road.

I thought everything was ok, but I later found out that I had scratched the bottom of my rear bumper.

Had to buy some magnetic gray touch up paint. Luckily it worked and you can’t see it unless you really look hard.

Oh well it is a truck!
Man you got lucky there! At least the trailer didn't lift up and ram into your tailgate.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Thought maybe this was somebody who realized they 'd done the damper thing and then I saw it was a tailgate ding, just knew it was going to be caused by gate dropping to slow while whatever was coming off bed too fast...

Shucks, a good story lost!!!;)

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Yep the first one hurts. Will get some touch up paint be almost good as new. At least there wasn't any dent in the panel.
Could even put a thin strip of flat black vinyl on that ridge all the way across and you wouldnt know it was vinyl unless you were right up on it. ?‍♂

rooster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
STX FX4 SuperCrew
Occupation
engineering systems admin
Vehicle Showcase
welcome to the club!

Reactions: Doc

MathGod

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Platinum Lariat
Occupation
Educator
Man you got lucky there! At least the trailer didn't lift up and ram into your tailgate.
You are right.

Luckily the trailer was empty!
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc