Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
So I was parking in my condo building. I was in a different spot than usual, and the curb stops were not placed properly. So I backed in and hit some metal trim on the wall. It bent my left side rear bumper in so just touched my fender. So I bought a $3.60 ratchet strap, pulled it out, buffed the scratch on the fender and touched up the bumper scratch.

20230419_152108.jpg

20230419_145010.jpg

20230419_154521.jpg
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase

Sasktechy

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
So I was parking in my condo building. I was in a different spot than usual, and the curb stops were not placed properly. So I backed in and hit some metal trim on the wall. It bent my left side rear bumper in so just touched my fender. So I bought a $3.60 ratchet strap, pulled it out, buffed the scratch on the fender and touched up the bumper scratch.

20230419_152108.jpg

20230419_145010.jpg

20230419_154521.jpg

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
Looks great! I think I see a dead blow hammer in the reflection there. Always good to have on hand when you do sketchy repairs that work out in the end. I finally had to retire one of mine and got a new/bigger one a month ago or so.

Sasktechy

First Name
Gord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired
Did you ever get lucky! I had a very similar oops, a power pole jumped out behind me and I backed into it in the same spot. For some reason, the usually very sensitive backup alert did not make a sound, as it usually squawks if a blade of grass moves. In my case the bumper corner caved in just enough to crease the lower part of the fender......however.... it buckled the box side right over the wheel well. End result....replaced LH box side and bumper cover to the tune of almost $6000.00 Hard to believe that kind of damage from such a very minor low speed bump. To add insult to injury the pole was also a frequent offender as someone put tires around the base of it.....had they not been there it would have hit directly on my rear tow hook and done no damage, instead they folded around it.

Ranger.jpg

OP
OP
Synfulz

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Did you ever get lucky! I had a very similar oops, a power pole jumped out behind me and I backed into it in the same spot. For some reason, the usually very sensitive backup alert did not make a sound, as it usually squawks if a blade of grass moves. In my case the bumper corner caved in just enough to crease the lower part of the fender......however.... it buckled the box side right over the wheel well. End result....replaced LH box side and bumper cover to the tune of almost $6000.00 Hard to believe that kind of damage from such a very minor low speed bump. To add insult to injury the pole was also a frequent offender as someone put tires around the base of it.....had they not been there it would have hit directly on my rear tow hook and done no damage, instead they folded around it.

Ranger.jpg
I am sure my backup alarm was going off, I know it was. But the other curb stops are placed right. When wheels hit its good. But not in this spot. So I am now AWARE. ?
Sponsored