Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
this a good video to use?

Fox 2.0 Install
YES. That's a great video!
I do have a few notes, based on how I did mine:

1) I did not remove the brake caliper or disk from the knuckle. It is recommended to do so, but I had no problems just leaving them both on.
2) When you are ready to take the axle out of the knuckle, you'll need to use a hammer to pound on the end of the axle (as shown in this video). I recommend threading the axle nut back onto the end of the axle far enough that most of the threads are engages, but not far enough that you'll actually hit the end of the axle with the hammer. The last thing you want to do is damage that axle, and you should be throwing that nut away anyhow....
3) When reassembling everything, you'll likely need some help to get the knuckle back into the upper control arm. You can use a friend (as in this video) or you can gently jack up the knuckle until you get enough threads showing to start the nut up top there. This will make more sense when you are doing the job.
4) Final thought: When putting everything back together, it's a good idea to just assemble everything snug, but not torqued at first. Once everything is reassembled (but before you put the tire back on) place a jack under the knuckle/lower control arm and jack it up until it just barely lifts off your jack stand. Then torque everything down. This ensures all your suspension is properly torqued while it is loaded and in the correct position as it will be when sitting on the tire. Torquing everything in the air can lead to premature failure of bushings, etc.
5) Put a few miles on the truck (say, 100 or so) and then go back and re-check the torque on all your nuts/bolts.

Good luck!
Sponsored

quangdog

First Name
Kimball
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Oh, and incidentally: If you *don't* remove the axle nut, here is what you are in for:

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM Focus ST (sold), 2020 MM Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase

1) I did not remove the brake caliper or disk from the knuckle. It is recommended to do so, but I had no problems just leaving them both on.
2) When you are ready to take the axle out of the knuckle, you'll need to use a hammer to pound on the end of the axle (as shown in this video). I recommend threading the axle nut back onto the end of the axle far enough that most of the threads are engages, but not far enough that you'll actually hit the end of the axle with the hammer. The last thing you want to do is damage that axle, and you should be throwing that nut away anyhow....
3) When reassembling everything, you'll likely need some help to get the knuckle back into the upper control arm. You can use a friend (as in this video) or you can gently jack up the knuckle until you get enough threads showing to start the nut up top there. This will make more sense when you are doing the job.
4) Final thought: When putting everything back together, it's a good idea to just assemble everything snug, but not torqued at first. Once everything is reassembled (but before you put the tire back on) place a jack under the knuckle/lower control arm and jack it up until it just barely lifts off your jack stand. Then torque everything down. This ensures all your suspension is properly torqued while it is loaded and in the correct position as it will be when sitting on the tire. Torquing everything in the air can lead to premature failure of bushings, etc.
5) Put a few miles on the truck (say, 100 or so) and then go back and re-check the torque on all your nuts/bolts.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info and the writeup!!!! I really appreciate it.

LoneRNGR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Systems Engineer
See this video at about 4:30:
Remove from the inside, then you don't have to put any pressure on the cv axles. A coworker installed my front struts yesterday and we decided this is the way to do it. Its done and seems to work perfectly.

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
PXL_20210527_003005614.jpg

Icon Tubular Upper Control Arms and Fox 2.0's installed. put probably 300 miles on the truck since install and MAN. What a difference! Truck feels so much less wallow-y on highway trips. Feels like the dampening is exponentially better? could be using the wrong word. After many sleepless nights, my buddies shop had an opening so I had him install for cheap. I appreciate everyones feedback/advice on getting this done! I'm building a shed/bar in my backyard right now and just was running out of weekends.. i'm sure you all can relate.

Next Up: Livernois tune!
Next Next Up: talked to 4WP last Thursday, customer service rep stated estimated ship date on wheels/tires is today! Fingers crossed!

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Wheels and tires are delivered. Trying to get them mounted this week, however I still need to find TPMS sensors. Anything you guys recommend?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
PXL_20210607_223707612.jpg
PXL_20210607_222234435.jpg

stoke levels at an all-time high right now. Finding some TPMS, getting them mounted/balanced then slapping them on hopefully by EOW. Looking like rain here at the shore for the rest of the week though. We shall see how it shakes loose.

PXL_20210607_222220639.jpg

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
I was looking at those wheels too. I was thinking about getting Toyo ATIII's instead of Wildpeaks. The Falkens look good! When are they getting put on the truck?! Are you planning of cutting anything to get the wheels to fit?

Reactions: Doc
OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
I was looking at those wheels too. I was thinking about getting Toyo ATIII's instead of Wildpeaks. The Falkens look good! When are they getting put on the truck?! Are you planning of cutting anything to get the wheels to fit?
So as of right now, they should have been on sunday. I had the wheels mounted last week and went to take them out of my shed and I saw a set of wheel weights (adhesive-based) laying on the floor and went uh oh thats not good. Lost about 3 strips of weights and lost confidence cuz I couldn't tell which wheel they came off of except for 1.

There's a curved 90 degree angle on the inside of the rim, I think when they balanced and slapped on the weights the weights must have been rested on this curved surface and not properly adhered. Couple that with being in a 110 degree shed with high humidity I'm assuming the adhesive failed. Had the guy order new wheel weights, dropping them off today or tomorrow I hope and having them on the truck by the weekend.

Only cutting I had to do was the rear intrusion beams. I replaced both the front and rear with the BDS kit which allows you to run up to a 33". Once I get them on the truck I'll confirm fitment etc

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Well fellas... They are ON and I am BEYOND THRILLED for how this truck is coming together!!!!! It looks even better than I expected!!!!!
PXL_20210618_001449098.jpg
PXL_20210618_001859235.jpg
PXL_20210618_001917789.jpg
PXL_20210617_223841729.jpg
PXL_20210617_223800095.jpg
PXL_20210617_220126898.jpg
PXL_20210617_220045975.jpg

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Well fellas... They are ON and I am BEYOND THRILLED for how this truck is coming together!!!!! It looks even better than I expected!!!!!
PXL_20210618_001449098.jpg
PXL_20210618_001859235.jpg
PXL_20210618_001917789.jpg
PXL_20210617_223841729.jpg
PXL_20210617_223800095.jpg
PXL_20210617_220126898.jpg
PXL_20210617_220045975.jpg
What offset did you go with for the Canyon’s?

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
What offset did you go with for the Canyon’s?
+20, need to either remove your intrusion beams or replace with the BDS beams to get the clearance to run the 33. I had to heat up some of the felt anti-corrosion stuff as I bent it slightly when taking out the beams, but after I did that and alignment clearance has been perfect.

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
+20, need to either remove your intrusion beams or replace with the BDS beams to get the clearance to run the 33. I had to heat up some of the felt anti-corrosion stuff as I bent it slightly when taking out the beams, but after I did that and alignment clearance has been perfect.
Looks really good. How is the road noise with the falken's?

OP
OP
mgallo13

mgallo13

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Controller
Vehicle Showcase
Looks really good. How is the road noise with the falken's?
Thanks man!!!!! Honestly so stoked with how it's came out so far. Next up is the Icon Progressive Leaf Packs.

Minimal increase in road noise at highway speed vs stock. Don't get me wrong: turn off the tunes, the AC, roll up the windows- you can hear them. But it's by NO means any type of drone, IMHO. Certainly not the BWAAHHHHHHHHHHH you get from brodozers on M/T's going 85mph...

***I got the C-rated 285's (P285) not E-rated

Flowgod

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XL
Thanks man!!!!! Honestly so stoked with how it's came out so far. Next up is the Icon Progressive Leaf Packs.

Minimal increase in road noise at highway speed vs stock. Don't get me wrong: turn off the tunes, the AC, roll up the windows- you can hear them. But it's by NO means any type of drone, IMHO. Certainly not the BWAAHHHHHHHHHHH you get from brodozers on M/T's going 85mph...

***I got the C-rated 285's (P285) not E-rated
Ahh! Man, I love your truck. I was wanting to get toyo's really bad but they dont make the AT3's in 275/70/17. Falken's make them in that size though...
Sponsored