CP0861

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat Supercrew
So far what I haven't found yet is
A good cell phone holder/display, ordered one from Amazon but the Ranger dash is curved so the round/flat adhesive pad doesn't stick well.

Mudflaps, after reading through reviews figured the Tecoom front/rear mudflaps (very similar to the Ford Accessories one) were the bomb but Amazon currently has them out of stock. I ordered Husky Front mudflaps and like others the part of the mudflap that catches water/dirt/mud/snow from the front tire looks like a scoop so will likely send these back and wait for the Tecooms.
Check out RokBlokz mudflaps...

LifeisaBeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
After a 5.5 months my 2023 Ranger XL finally arrived 2 weeks ago and I have been researching and ordering quite a few accessories. My best value winner accessories are listed below. The "not so crazy" list so far are all from Ford Accessory website, (items that were returned). The impact bed mat and tailgate liner" which I think is made by BedRug and marked up by Ford arrived damaged and the CoverKing "built ford tough" seat covers didn't fit well at all.

The winner best value list
Type S Gel Seat Covers (Type S) $45 shipped after 5% off
https://typesauto.com/products/type...uct&utm_medium=email&utm_source=OrderlyEmails

Raised tailgate insert letters, black (Amazon) $19.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085R8H8RC?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Carbon Fiber look sill protector (Amazon) $9.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08JC7PGPS?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Center Console Tray Organizer (Amazon) $14.99
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092ZDV42P?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

DeeZee Rear Bumper Step (Summit Racing) $70.99
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/DZZ-DZ6206S

TgBros Ranger Sunshade (Amazon) $21.24 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B092Q911TV/ref=cfb_at_prodpg

WeatherTech bed and tailgate liner (Amazon) $275
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HJS88HD?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

K&N Air Filter (Summit Racing) $59.99
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/KNN-33-3086

RealTruck TonnoPro Tonneau Cover (RealTruck) $237
https://realtruck.com/p/tonnopro-tri-fold-tonneau-cover/v/ford/ranger/2023/

Weathertech universal trim to fit floormats from Costco (since I have an XL with rubber flooring not carpeted XLT package so most Husky/Weathertech custom fit mats aren’t compatible)
https://www.costco.com/weathertech-4-piece-trim-to-fit-car-mats.product.100423068.html

Top Ranger Access 1.jpg

Top Ranger Access 2.jpg
Thank you for this list, which is extremely helpful to me. It is always great to have first hand information. Could you comment specifically on the Tonnopro Tri Fold? How easy was it to install and how is the fit? Any water leakage? Are you still happy with it?

OP
OP

Icemanhd

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired
Thank you for this list, which is extremely helpful to me. It is always great to have first hand information. Could you comment specifically on the Tonnopro Tri Fold? How easy was it to install and how is the fit? Any water leakage? Are you still happy with it?
The Tonnopro tri fold is great. SUPER easy to install (no tools at all) plus its very lightweight and if you ever wanted access to the full bed length it just takes a minute to remove it. No doubt there are better covers out there but for $279 (or less if they are running a special) I don't think you will find a better value.

20230129_150057.jpg

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
A good cell phone holder/display, ordered one from Amazon but the Ranger dash is curved so the round/flat adhesive pad doesn't stick well.
A good cell phone holder/display, ordered one from Amazon but the Ranger dash is curved so the round/flat adhesive pad doesn't stick well
Could try something like this, if you have a 2wd model.
20230218_111518.jpg
20230218_111556.jpg
20230218_111532.jpg

OP
OP

Icemanhd

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Interior...the Desert Does It Seat Jackers. Alters the seat so the front of the seat raises up so your knees are slightly higher than your upper legs. OE seat feels almost like it is slightly "down" at the front...Jackers raise the seat front so it feels like your slightly reclining.
Yeah, same can be done with some washers, but the Jackers are machined and fit perfectly.
Wife likes the drivers seat so much I have a second set ordered for the passenger side.
WeatherTech Floor Liners.
Scan Gauge lll

Exterior...WeatherTech Mud Flaps, in channel rain guards, hood deflector. More expensive, maybe, but they fit perfectly like their supposed too. Mud Flaps may be a bit more, but they will always have em in stock.
Dee Zee Bumper Step
Mandatory Damper.

Last edited:

Roscoe_t

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL Supercab
Interior...the Desert Does It Seat Jackers. Alters the seat so the front of the seat raises up so your knees are slightly higher than your upper legs. OE seat feels almost like it is slightly "down" at the front...Jackers raise the seat front so it feels like your slightly reclining.
Yeah, same can be done with some washers, but the Jackers are machined and fit perfectly.
Wife likes the drivers seat so much I have a second set ordered for the passenger side.
Scan Gauge lll

Exterior...WeatherTech Mud Flaps, in channel rain guards, hood deflector. More expensive, maybe, but they fit perfectly like their supposed too. Mud Flaps may be a bit more, but they will always have em in stock.
I'll check out the seat jackers, thanks. Second endorsement for the hood deflector -- it prevents the otherwise-inevitable road rash. And the WeatherTech one is reasonably priced.

OP
OP

Icemanhd

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger XL
Occupation
Retired
Scan Gauge lll

Dee Zee Bumper Step
Mandatory Damper.
What do you use Scan Gauge III for (other than a OBDII fault code reader). Does it display boost and other useful engine items?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What do you use Scan Gauge III for (other than a OBDII fault code reader). Does it display boost and other useful engine items?
Coolant temp, Transmission fluid temps, and about 100 other displays, including boost, cyl head temps, fuel used, mpg.....many many more.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Dem some mods! May i recommend the start-X remote start? adds lock->unlock->lock remote start combo to your factory fob.
Ditto, love the Start-X and it was incredibly easy to install (take it from someone that "lost" a wrench under the floor mat during install of said mats!). =D

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
Coolant temp, Transmission fluid temps, and about 100 other displays, including boost, cyl head temps, fuel used, mpg.....many many more.
Thanks for that info. Just ordered one on Auto Zone and they gave me the 20% Feb discount bringing to $215. Looks like a great addition. This forum is getting expensive :like:.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks for that info. Just ordered one on Auto Zone and they gave me the 20% Feb discount bringing to $215. Looks like a great addition. This forum is getting expensive :like:.
GOOD PRICE...when I got mine it was only available from Scan Gauge, $250.
Quick heads up...because of it's size there's really no place to mount it on the dash.
I just used the window mount that comes with it...works great, no vibration and still solid after several months...

IMG_20230222_141635495.jpg

Last edited:

Fordup

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Lariat Crew , 1966 Chevrolet Biscayne
Occupation
Retired YouTube Creator
GOOD PRICE...when I got mine it was only available from Scan Gauge, $250.
It was $269 on their site today. I had a 20% off email from Auto Zone and they took it. Hopefully they ship it. Really looks like it will be a great addition to monitor towing and codes. Thanks for the idea.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Those seat covers look like a snug fit tempted to invest, cheers
I like the looks of those too. My question is, the website says they are side air bag compatible. I don't see how a complete slip-over cover cannot negatively affect the airbags in the seatbacks.
Sponsored