First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I have a cousin who works at a Ford plant.
its a job to him, punch the clock, work, go home.
do it all again.
does he have pride in his job, never asked him, but he doesnt drive a Ford, so thats speaks volumes.

I guess theres always someone that strays from the herd. Must be a new guy giving away shirts the union told him he had to wear.
Definitely a new guy!
Sponsored

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Union workers take no pride in their work.

They take pride in their breaks, benefits, and ability to shirk responsibility.

This coming from a pension eligible former member of the IUEC.
I'm calling bullshit on this. I worked at the only major commercial airplane company in the USA in the Seattle area and I was proud of what I did for them in the 35 years I worked there. Every time I see one of those birds I smile cause I know I helped it get built. Take your bitterness and shove it where the sun don't shine.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
I'm calling bullshit on this. I worked at the only major commercial airplane company in the USA in the Seattle area and I was proud of what I did for them in the 35 years I worked there. Every time I see one of those birds I smile cause I know I helped it get built. Take your bitterness and shove it where the sun don't shine.
Calling bullshit on a person's opinion?

That's a new one on me. Leave it to a union shill to think they know what's best for everyone I guess.

You, sir, are the exception, not the rule. As this Lone t-shirt Ranger was.

Unions do nothing but line the pockets of the unions.

I also witnessed first hand the IBEWs entry into one of our local shops. Absolutely horrid, nothing but lies and backpedaling.

BTW my father was a Union Machinist with Boieng. Wonder why the Wichita plant was shut down and sold to OneX? Unions are the answer.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Great story and I love the shirt. Would rock that bitch anywhere. On the pride in your work kinda thing. I think it's difficult to judge a person on that. I've had jobs that sucked so bad al I did was count mins till quitting time. Now I work at a job that has about 14 employees and every one there takes pride in what we do and are proud that clients from all over the country travel to Nashville to get one of our builds. We are called Intrgrity Interiors. We build it to represent our name. Integrity is doing what's right even though no one else will ever know. Just my 2 cents for what it is worth. Probably less than 2 haha

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Calling bullshit on a person's opinion?

That's a new one on me. Leave it to a union shill to think they know what's best for everyone I guess.

You, sir, are the exception, not the rule. As this Lone t-shirt Ranger was.

Unions do nothing but line the pockets of the unions.

I also witnessed first hand the IBEWs entry into one of our local shops. Absolutely horrid, nothing but lies and backpedaling.

BTW my father was a Union Machinist with Boieng. Wonder why the Wichita plant was shut down and sold to OneX? Unions are the answer.
Hi Doug,

The union issue is certainly continuous. Unions served a propose at the time to stop worker abuse but with the proliferation of work rules it sure complicated things. Some were and are good though as there are more aids for workers that had the "dirty jobs" The spare tire installer that had to duck waddle for an 8 hour shift... inhuman in my opinion.... Union at Twin Cities plant were a joy which to work on new model launch issues. Helpful, understanding and we came up with great solutions to some difficult installation problems. Edison New Jersey....forget it...uncooperative...grieve at the drop of a hat....just flat awful.

Okay a bit of a back story. The body and assembly engineers during a new vehicle launch were expected to be on the job for both shifts of a dual shifted plant. They got the same pay being salaried and the HR folks said tough shit... deal with it... Engineers threatened to Unionize to stop the abuse of their long hours for weeks on end. The HR head at Ford headquarters called their bluff, but guess what the engineers unionized. HR head lost his job... Now Ford is stuck with former non unionized salary technical people that are now union. Serves Ford right in my opinion. You can bet that when the powers that be try to trod on Dearborn engineers now they are fearful of unionization and have to take a more conciliatory approach.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retire

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
Union workers take no pride in their work.

They take pride in their breaks, benefits, and ability to shirk responsibility.

This coming from a pension eligible former member of the IUEC.
This one did, and still does. UNIFOR Local 222 building Chevy and GMC trucks, Impalas, Grand Prix, Cadillacs.

Don't talk shit about people you don't know.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
I’ve worked on both sides of that fence in my working years. I was supposed to join the Aerospace and Machinists Union. Seems the guys on the floor didn’t like that as I was hired as an Engineer in this plant. So management decided to make me salary and a staff position. This allowed me on the floor and I could use all of the machines as I liked under the guise of development! Union went ballistic and started playin hard ball with the owner! He shut down the plant for 8 months and laid everyone off. Then reopened with a new name and hired back who he chose with the stipulation if they went Union again it would close for good. I moved on and started my own company and in the end became one of their competitors. They went under about 2 years after the shutdown.

From my personal observations Unions are nothing more than cast systems. Guys and gals on top livin large. Doesn’t matter what talent you have. You’re just another notch in the pole that you work up one rung at a time all while paying dues.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
Hi Doug,

The union issue is certainly continuous. Unions served a propose at the time to stop worker abuse but with the proliferation of work rules it sure complicated things. Some were and are good though as there are more aids for workers that had the "dirty jobs" The spare tire installer that had to duck waddle for an 8 hour shift... inhuman in my opinion.... Union at Twin Cities plant were a joy which to work on new model launch issues. Helpful, understanding and we came up with great solutions to some difficult installation problems. Edison New Jersey....forget it...uncooperative...grieve at the drop of a hat....just flat awful.

Okay a bit of a back story. The body and assembly engineers during a new vehicle launch were expected to be on the job for both shifts of a dual shifted plant. They got the same pay being salaried and the HR folks said tough shit... deal with it... Engineers threatened to Unionize to stop the abuse of their long hours for weeks on end. The HR head at Ford headquarters called their bluff, but guess what the engineers unionized. HR head lost his job... Now Ford is stuck with former non unionized salary technical people that are now union. Serves Ford right in my opinion. You can bet that when the powers that be try to trod on Dearborn engineers now they are fearful of unionization and have to take a more conciliatory approach.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retire
You're right, they've done some good. And there are some good unions and members.

For my unionization story time I'll share the time my shop unionized.
We were non-union employees of a company bought by a huge communications company whose hourly workforce was entirely unionized. Through the courting process it was obvious that the 2 different unions we were looking at were both in bed with the company.

You've heard that "I'm with the Government, I'm here to help" are words to fear? I would fear "I'm your Union rep" just as much.

The whole thing is just a money grab IMHO.
Sad but true. Every union place I've worked was nothing but bureaucratic red tape.
Yep, it's a sham to make employees feel as though somebody has their back.

This one did, and still does. UNIFOR Local 222 building Chevy and GMC trucks, Impalas, Grand Prix, Cadillacs.

Don't talk shit about people you don't know.
It's a generalization.

Like when somebody says "white guys can't dance."

Can some? Sure.

But most can't.

And if you really had any pride you wouldn't brag about building GM shitboxes. You'd hang your head in shame.