MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System

4X4 GGG

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Hey I just bought a Saber FX4 on Friday and I live in Herriman. I don't know how many Saber FX4s are rolling around these parts but I will keep an eye out for yours!

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Our trucks are inline 4's so a "true dual" system in the traditional sense isn't even possible.
Isn't even possible in the traditional sense? True duals are possible. Build a header, 2 into 1. You are only limited by your abilities and your knowledge.

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Hey I just bought a Saber FX4 on Friday and I live in Herriman. I don't know how many Saber FX4s are rolling around these parts but I will keep an eye out for yours!
Nice truck! I’m across the valley in Draper and have only seen 1 other Ranger on the roads around here.... it was a Magnetic Lariat. I don’t get out much, but I’ll keep an eye out for ya! (BTW, mine is a de-badged FX4 Lariat) :thumbsup:

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
As the original poster, I'd like to take this opportunity to get back on track and into the spirit of this thread. We all love our Rangers and if anyone is interested in the system I've installed, I'm here to try to assist if I can. :)
I am super happy with the quality, fitment and sound of this system. Some have asked for a sound clip/video, but just to reiterate, after hearing the system installed, and in person, anything less than a professionally done clip would not be relevant as the sound is very different from any of the clips I heard online recorded on phones, etc.
The best, and closest to the actual sound of my truck is on the MagnaFlow website here:
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
This link will give you all the manufacturers specs/details of my exact system installed as well the best sound clip/video I have found. (in my opinion, my truck's sound is a bit "deeper")
I hope for those of you interested in the MagnaFlow system you find this helpful. If there is anything else I can help with I'm here to try!
Happy 2020! :like:
Have you noticed any performance improvement? On the Magnaflow website it says the system was dyno tested, but it doesn't give any numbers and I couldn't find any corresponding dyno charts.

I really like the look and sound of the dual tip system, but curious about the performance aspect.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Coby

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you noticed any performance improvement? On the Magnaflow website it says the system was dyno tested, but it doesn't give any numbers and I couldn't find any corresponding dyno charts.

I really like the look and sound of the dual tip system, but curious about the performance aspect.

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Coby
Hey Coby, I installed the system shortly after getting my truck, so I didn’t have a good chance for a performance comparison. I’m not sure about the performance aspect (probably negligible?) However, I am consistently amazed (as are any passengers) at the performance of this truck! (And the more it performs, the better it sounds!) My personal reasons may be lame, but I installed the exhaust primarily for looks & sound. :like:

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
Hey Coby, I installed the system shortly after getting my truck, so I didn’t have a good chance for a performance comparison. I’m not sure about the performance aspect (probably negligible?) However, I am consistently amazed (as are any passengers) at the performance of this truck! (And the more it performs, the better it sounds!) My personal reasons may be lame, but I installed the exhaust primarily for looks & sound. :like:
Fair enough! I agree the look and sound of this system is awesome. I am also continually amazed at the performance of these trucks.

Cheers,
Coby

Magnaflow

First Name
Magnaflow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Excellent review and pictures, Bbutah! We really appreciate you taking the time to do a writeup like this. Very glad to hear that you are completely satisfied with the system and loving the sound!

For anyone that is interested, you can find our official sound clips for both style systems here:

Single exit -

Dual exit -

Thanks in advance.

Cheers,
Coby
Hi Coby, With our catback system you can expect a small bump in hp and torque throughout the powerband. We do dyno tests and flow bench testing of every product for internal development, however we do not make this data public for various reasons. If there are any other questions we can answer for you, please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-990-0905!

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Excellent review and pictures, Bbutah! We really appreciate you taking the time to do a writeup like this.

For anyone that is interested, you can find our official sound clips for both style systems here:
Single exit -
I'm just posting to confirm this is what I went with and seems like what the upgrade in sound is like.
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system

Going from 2.5 inch diameter to 3 after the catalytic converter should give 'some' improvement in performance/gas mileage, I figure the turbo is the real 'limiter' here.

I wanted a 'forever' upgrade - stainless steel vs. factory-grade that looks like sawed-off pipe. The MF really puts a high-end touch to the Ranger. It's an excellent upgrade and not obnoxiously loud - just more confident sounding.

Last edited:

SN13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I'm just posting to confirm this is what I went with and seems like what the upgrade in sound is like.

Going from 2.5 inch diameter to 3 after the catalytic converter should give 'some' improvement in performance/gas mileage, I figure the turbo is the real 'limiter' here.

I wanted a 'forever' upgrade - stainless steel vs. factory-grade that looks like sawed-off pipe. The MF really puts a high-end touch to the Ranger. It's an excellent upgrade and not obnoxiously loud - just more confident sounding.
Have you already done the upgrade?

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Have you already done the upgrade?
Yes, had it installed by a local independent muffler/exhaust shop. Just under $150 labor. Very pleased with the appearance, apparent design and quality. The sound is assertive and while I can't say if there is better gas mileage or performance, the lack of the one inch diameter internal baffles in the stock muffler I would expect improvement downstream of the stock exhaust.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, had it installed by a local independent muffler/exhaust shop. Just under $150 labor. Very pleased with the appearance, apparent design and quality. The sound is assertive and while I can't say if there is better gas mileage or performance, the lack of the one inch diameter internal baffles in the stock muffler I would expect improvement downstream of the stock exhaust.
Order my magna flow today. Wondering if anyone thinks they’ve seen an better MpG’s from such. Even .1 mpg would be appreciated. Any updates appreciated.

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Order my magna flow today. Wondering if anyone thinks they’ve seen an better MpG’s from such. Even .1 mpg would be appreciated. Any updates appreciated.
Howdy DMAX! I will go out on a limb and confirm AT LEAST a .1 increase in mpg ;)

I have had the system installed now for months. At first, I drove like I stole it because it sounds so GREAT! (Especially in “S”). Now I drive with a little “less foot” in it, so mpg’s are better!

Don’t worry about “MPG’s”.... with MagnaFlow it’s all about the “SPG’s”!
:like:

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
Howdy DMAX! I will go out on a limb and confirm AT LEAST a .1 increase in mpg ;)

I have had the system installed now for months. At first, I drove like I stole it because it sounds so GREAT! (Especially in “S”). Now I drive with a little “less foot” in it, so mpg’s are better!

Don’t worry about “MPG’s”.... with MagnaFlow it’s all about the “SPG’s”!
:like:
Sweet!!! Figured it had to help. Long term I will tune engine but when I want to drive with a Lead foot and act a fool I drive the car I bought my wife. BMW M40I

5A43EC77-8D14-46FE-8F48-1A79C18410D1.jpeg

26378246-EB9F-4026-9257-688DD7E6FA2D.jpeg

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sweet!!! Figured it had to help. Long term I will tune engine but when I want to drive with a Lead foot and act a fool I drive the car I bought my wife. BMW M40I

5A43EC77-8D14-46FE-8F48-1A79C18410D1.jpeg

26378246-EB9F-4026-9257-688DD7E6FA2D.jpeg
Yup.... that will git er dun!
MMM... nice!
Does she let you drive it?
:inlove:
Sponsored