MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
I'm so close to purchasing this exhaust but not 100% decided due to the fact that there are almost no videos of the exhaust. Any chance of getting a video sooner than spring?
I found a few on here and the Borla site has a very good audio clip. It sounds like music to me!
Sponsored

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Super Crew Lariat FX4
I was eyeing this one due to true-dual setup after the muffler & to the side...
"True-Dual" would be 2 pipes running all the way up from the engines exhaust manifold / header. The Magnaflow isn't that.
I think you missed the part where he said true dual AFTER the muffler.

Technically you're both right.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
I think you missed the part where he said true dual AFTER the muffler.

Technically you're both right.
It's "Fake" duals unless they go all the way to the engine. Call it what it is.

There is no such thing as "True" duals after the muffler. :facepalm:

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's "Fake" duals unless they go all the way to the engine. Call it what it is.

There is no such thing as "True" duals after the muffler. :facepalm:
Why, because you say there isn't? You are arguing semantics.

He meant dual pipes coming out of the muffler as opposed to one pipe with dual tips and I'm pretty sure you knew that. Take out the word 'true' and I assume you have no issue with his statement.

I see you posting all over this forum downing people's mods or making snide comments on the things people do to their trucks. This is suppose to be a supportive community. Stop being so negative! Not all people may have the same knowledge and experience. Just because someone says something differently than you would doesn't mean they are wrong and it's not your place to enforce a particular vocabulary.

We all get it that you like the stock exhaust better, but good is subjective. What one person thinks is a good mod you might think is silly and vice versa.

Don't you live in Colorado? Why aren't you happier?

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Why, because you say there isn't? You are arguing semantics.

He meant dual pipes coming out of the muffler as opposed to one pipe with dual tips and I'm pretty sure you knew that. Take out the word 'true' and I assume you have no issue with his statement.

I see you posting all over this forum downing people's mods or making snide comments on the things people do to their trucks. This is suppose to be a supportive community. Stop being so negative! Not all people may have the same knowledge and experience. Just because someone says something differently than you would doesn't mean they are wrong and it's not your place to enforce a particular vocabulary.

We all get it that you like the stock exhaust better, but good is subjective. What one person thinks is a good mod you might think is silly and vice versa.

Don't you live in Colorado? Why aren't you happier?
"True" is a word that means something. Get called out for not using it correctly... that's ok... also known as keepin' it real.

Forums are for comments and advice. It's ok to disagree.

A good judge of a members long term standing on a forum is to looks at their number of "posts" vs their number of "likes". You've posted here 9 times, maybe not be so judgmental until you've been here awhile?

Happy New Year to you and yours Coby.

RangerCoby

First Name
Coby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"True" is a word that means something. Get called out for not using it correctly... that's ok... also known as keepin' it real.

Forums are for comments and advice. It's ok to disagree.

A good judge of a members long term standing on a forum is to looks at their number of "posts" vs their number of "likes". You've posted here 9 times, maybe not be so judgmental until you've been here awhile?

Happy New Year to you and yours Coby.
I, like most people, come to this forum looking for advice, guidance and ideas. Very few, if any come to this forum looking to have negative comments to their posts. I try not to post unless I can add value to a thread. I have seen numerous posts from you on a varying degree of topics where you make snide comments or are downing a person's mod or post. You have made several inappropriate comments in this thread alone.

I was a reader of this forum long before I joined. Beating my join date by a few months does not make it okay to bash someone because you don't agree with their choice of words. I've been a member on many forums, ford related, business related, hobby related, and I've come to find one thing to be true... Quantity does not trump quality. Which is what I think you were alluding to with the number of posts vs number of likes comment.

So, let's go by your measuring stick of what makes a quality member. You currently have 639 posts and 771 likes. Which means you average about 1.2 likes per post. As you pointed out, I currently have 9 posts, but 19 likes. This means I'm averaging about 2.1 likes per post. I even gained two likes for my last post pointing out your negativity.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread so I won't be posting on this matter again. As you said it's okay to disagree, but it's not okay to be a jerk. Be a jerk, get called out for it!

Happy New Year to you and yours Henry.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I, like most people, come to this forum looking for advice, guidance and ideas. Very few, if any come to this forum looking to have negative comments to their posts. I try not to post unless I can add value to a thread. I have seen numerous posts from you on a varying degree of topics where you make snide comments or are downing a person's mod or post. You have made several inappropriate comments in this thread alone.

I was a reader of this forum long before I joined. Beating my join date by a few months does not make it okay to bash someone because you don't agree with their choice of words. I've been a member on many forums, ford related, business related, hobby related, and I've come to find one thing to be true... Quantity does not trump quality. Which is what I think you were alluding to with the number of posts vs number of likes comment.

So, let's go by your measuring stick of what makes a quality member. You currently have 639 posts and 771 likes. Which means you average about 1.2 likes per post. As you pointed out, I currently have 9 posts, but 19 likes. This means I'm averaging about 2.1 likes per post. I even gained two likes for my last post pointing out your negativity.

I don't want to hijack the OP's thread so I won't be posting on this matter again. As you said it's okay to disagree, but it's not okay to be a jerk. Be a jerk, get called out for it!

Happy New Year to you and yours Henry.
Hi RC,

Yep....I have two folks on ignore, one of which you are addressing here. I will not read their posts and do not contribute to helping them with any problems which they may encounter...Their loss, not mine... I do not care about like ratio...but to be able to either help or provide perspective. I only wish this forum would also prevent them from viewing my posts as well... I agree that 99.9% of the folks here are Top Drawer. The moderators do a good job to try to keep things on track and Kudos to them! I think there are a couple folks on the edge of being broomed. You will never know the moderators have done this, but all of a sudden posts like your above post will not be required as these people were purged from the site.

Please do not stop posting on any topic or ask any question...you are a value to these forums.

I used to have a thick skin for the bullcrap slung by such people, but in old age, the skin gets pretty think...

The bueaty of retirement is that I for the first time in my life, I do not have to put up with folks llike of which you are referring...At Ford, I had to face good people, jerks, and aholes... Now, I get to choose with whom I associate and ignore the ones that are not of the quality of good folks.

Keep contributing to these forums.

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co, Retired

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
To be fair a “True Dual” means exactly that. Two separate pipes that never start or come together. Completely separate. There’s no such thing as a “True Dual after muffler” don’t get mad cuz you don’t know car terminology.

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
Also I’m fairly sensitive to people being rude on forums and it’s totally uncalled for. I don’t see how Henry Mac was rude. Just educating you so you don’t sound like a dummy when someone’s asked about your exhaust and you say it’s a True Dual after the muffler lol

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
If you read carefully you will see that it wasn't me that said that.

I went to school for auto body and have spent 11 years working in the automotive industry in one capacity or another. Currently I'm a supervisor at an automotive inspection company working on a project at a GM supplier. Not everyone has the same experience or knowledge.

The issue is bashing another member because they didn't say something "properly".

To be fair "true duals" is slang, and as such can and will be used differently by different folks. It's not how you or I might describe it, but it was clear what 4dr-SVT meant. No need to try to make another member look bad because it means something different in your mind.

Our trucks are inline 4's so a "true dual" system in the traditional sense isn't even possible. You can educate people without being a jerk. Henry has made these type of comments all over this forum including threads you were active in.
Dude.. I’m done lol

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
I wanted to share my experience with the MagnaFlow Street Series Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System (#19453) I installed. I debated between the MagnaFlow and Borla systems. There has been quite a bit of conversation about the exhaust note on 4-cylinders, my goal was for it to just sound-as-good-as-possible.

Two things convinced me to go with the MagnaFlow system. First, I read in a thread about the Ranger OEM exhaust system having a “flex-coupling”. This coupling was said to arrest vibratory noise generation and/or help with the general integrity of the system. Sounded logical, plus if it helped with the sound and the MagnaFlow had the same/similar flex coupling as OEM, that’s the way I’d lean. But the real deciding factor for me was a neighbor who has a Dodge Viper and had both the Borla (initially) and now the MagnaFlow. He said, in his opinion, the Borla sound was an “import” sound and the MagnaFlow was a more “domestic” sound, which is what he wanted for his Viper. Even though that was real subjective, and a Ranger is certainly no Viper…. It made sense and was good enough for me!

(BTW….All the sound clips I heard online were much better than stock in my opinion. However, I knew in-person, the final install would sound different than clips shot on cell-phones. Even the manufacturers sound clips are not a true representation IMHO)

The MagnaFlow quality was apparent right out of the box. Welds were clean/consistent and the hardware/clamps were top-shelf. The finish on the polished tips and muffler was excellent.

IMG_6279.jpeg

Above is the OEM system removed (on top, 2 pieces) and the MagnaFlow system (below)

The install was pretty straightforward. I did it by myself with the assistance of 2 RV leveling jacks to properly position the system in place and to get the tips exactly where I wanted them before tightening all the clamps.
IMG_6271.jpeg

IMG_6280.jpeg

IMG_6282.jpeg

Also, I did purchase a Lisle Exhaust Hanger Tool which made easy work of removal/install of the hangers. Some say this can be done with a screwdriver and/or small pry tool, maybe so…. but even on a brand new truck that was virtually spotless underneath and the hangers were clean, this tool and a shot of WD40 made the task effortless.

IMG_6284.jpeg

IMG_6380.jpeg

I couldn’t be happier with the MagnaFlow System. The sound really is A LOT better in-person. I knew it would sound different than the sound-clips, it’s a nice low/deep note that you can hear when you get on it, but there is no noticeable “drone” in the cabin. At start up and idle, it’s great because you immediately know it’s not stock. And back to my neighbors comment… it does not sound like an import or “ricey”…. It sounds “domestic” like a Ford!

As the original poster, I'd like to take this opportunity to get back on track and into the spirit of this thread. We all love our Rangers and if anyone is interested in the system I've installed, I'm here to try to assist if I can. :)
I am super happy with the quality, fitment and sound of this system. Some have asked for a sound clip/video, but just to reiterate, after hearing the system installed, and in person, anything less than a professionally done clip would not be relevant as the sound is very different from any of the clips I heard online recorded on phones, etc.
The best, and closest to the actual sound of my truck is on the MagnaFlow website here:
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
This link will give you all the manufacturers specs/details of my exact system installed as well the best sound clip/video I have found. (in my opinion, my truck's sound is a bit "deeper")
I hope for those of you interested in the MagnaFlow system you find this helpful. If there is anything else I can help with I'm here to try!
Happy 2020! :like:

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
As the original poster, I'd like to take this opportunity to get back on track and into the spirit of this thread. We all love our Rangers and if anyone is interested in the system I've installed, I'm here to try to assist if I can. :)
I am super happy with the quality, fitment and sound of this system. Some have asked for a sound clip/video, but just to reiterate, after hearing the system installed, and in person, anything less than a professionally done clip would not be relevant as the sound is very different from any of the clips I heard online recorded on phones, etc.
The best, and closest to the actual sound of my truck is on the MagnaFlow website here:
https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...et-series-cat-back-performance-exhaust-system
This link will give you all the manufacturers specs/details of my exact system installed as well the best sound clip/video I have found. (in my opinion, my truck's sound is a bit "deeper")
I hope for those of you interested in the MagnaFlow system you find this helpful. If there is anything else I can help with I'm here to try!
Happy 2020! :like:
Looking forward to installing mine. Hopefully finally bringing home my truck on Friday and will be installing the exhaust within a week or so of getting the truck. I went with the Magnaflow single black tip. Looking at the website comparing mine to yours looks like mine will be a little less aggressive sounding than your system. Hopefully it will not be too quiet. https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...-back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=9988199

OP
OP
BButah

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Looking forward to installing mine. Hopefully finally bringing home my truck on Friday and will be installing the exhaust within a week or so of getting the truck. I went with the Magnaflow single black tip. Looking at the website comparing mine to yours looks like mine will be a little less aggressive sounding than your system. Hopefully it will not be too quiet. https://www.magnaflow.com/products/...-back-performance-exhaust-system?aces=9988199
That’s a sweet system as well! Install is pretty straight forward, especially on a brand new truck. (Nice & clean!) Be sure to have a torque wrench and torque to spec.... you’ll be surprised how much you actually tighten the clamps! (I re-checked torque after a couple hundred miles)
Post pics when/if you can.
Enjoy! :rockon:

DRVN1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew Ranger in Shadow Black
Occupation
Tax CPA
That’s a sweet system as well! Install is pretty straight forward, especially on a brand new truck. (Nice & clean!) Be sure to have a torque wrench and torque to spec.... you’ll be surprised how much you actually tighten the clamps! (I re-checked torque after a couple hundred miles)
Post pics when/if you can.
Enjoy! :rockon:
don’t worry, I will be a picture posting fool once I get truck!