Lurking on 6G... appears deliveries are beginning

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
Totally get the comments about a 6 foot bed. But, I use the back seat of my truck a lot. Sometimes groceries, or purchased items that we want to hide/secure while we go elsewhere, etc. Often times for my dog. Rarely for those human type/shaped organisms. But on those rare human hauling occasions I need advance notice so I can clean up the dog slobber, hair and stray dirt that finds its way around the seat cover. :LOL: :facepalm: So, I need the back seat. Which means I had no choice about the 5 foot bed.

As to the 5 foot bed. I've used it for a ton of yard projects in my first year of ownership. Hauled 8 foot lumber multiple times. Hauled loads of landscaping stone and mulch multiple times. (Recently, and totally by accident, overloaded it with stone. Blue beauty just laughed and said "that all you got?!") Through all this I've not once found myself saying "Dang, I really need a 6 foot bed." Hauling our kayaks? Yes, a 6 foot bed would be better. Is it doable with the 5 footer? Absolutely! I routinely did it last summer. And looking forward to doing so this summer. BTW, with the kayaks? Classic example of when I use the middle tie downs that I purchased.

Anyway, just had to show some love for the ol' 5 foot bed this morning.
There are lot of "same here" in your post. I will add that I don't miss a longer bed. And I can still haul a nice load of firewood when needed. It's got enough capacity to stack it pretty high.
Sponsored

MagneticRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCab FX4
My 22 XLT with 302a package has heated/power seats and sliding rear window
Back in 2021 I got a great deal on a trade in going from a '19 XLT SuperCab FX4 with 300A pkg to a '21 XLT SuperCrew Tremor with 301A package.... unfortunate the 301A did not have powered/heated mirrors and seats...my true sore spot of ownership.

Ive thought about aftermarket but a little leary with regards to how 3rd inserts work with the Tremors vinyl seat interior with the suede seat inserts.

The power rear slider would be pretty handy also...but as manual goes small potatoes at this point.

Stevedbvik1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Tremor XLT
Occupation
Retired
Back in 2021 I got a great deal on a trade in going from a '19 XLT SuperCab FX4 with 300A pkg to a '21 XLT SuperCrew Tremor with 301A package.... unfortunate the 301A did not have powered/heated mirrors and seats...my true sore spot of ownership.

Ive thought about aftermarket but a little leary with regards to how 3rd inserts work with the Tremors vinyl seat interior with the suede seat inserts.

The power rear slider would be pretty handy also...but as manual goes small potatoes at this point.
Yeah they only offered the 302A for the Tremor in 2022 and 2023.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.
Heated seats is truly one of the most used options on my truck. Love it. Not just when cold either. Helps with achy lower backs too.

Young guys reading this be like "Just how old are some of these forum members?!" Just wait junior. Just wait. All that "hold my beer and watch this!" :facepalm:fun shit you do now will most likely come back and haunt you later in life. :rockon:

EJH

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subarus, 2021 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Wonder if the steel panels are even thinner on the 6g.

The front end has grown on me, but I doubt ford has improved their quality.
The front end has not grown on me. I am not a fan of any except the Raptor. Maybe they will improve it if/when they release a Tremor.

The front end is the only thing I really dislike about the 6G. Everything else, IMHO, is an improvement (except the price, lol).

Last edited:

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
some thoughts on the features I noticed
Bed power bank - very cool, is that an add-on for XLT? Only some people need it.
Sliding rear window - previously only available on the Lariat, is it electric now?
TG damper - for those who hate them (not me) can you take it off?
painted door keypad - I don't know if that was an option on any 5G package
rotary shifter, not - so glad to see the same stick shifter
elect. e-brake - not sure I like this
Power seats - was this an option on the 5G XLT?
info options - the information available in the dash is impressive
grill - ok, but I still like the 5G grill
My 2020 XLT 302A has a sliding rear window and power seats.

got3fords

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT Sport
My 2020 XLT 302A has a sliding rear window and power seats.
Ok, so I have learned that not all Lariat features are Lariat only.

Fazzie01

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Engineer
Ok, so I have learned that not all Lariat features are Lariat only.
I think it's was just part of the removing things overtime. I believe late models didn't have the same option choices our earlier models had. I really like all the nice additions of the 302A without the leather seats and gauge cluster of the lariat.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
The front end has not grown on me. I am not a fan of any except the Raptor. Maybe they will improve it if/when they release a Tremor.

The front end is the only thing I really dislike about the 6G. Everything else, IMHO, is an improvement (except the price, lol).
The side steps are a nice but delayed feature.

Friday yet?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lariat Tremor, Focus ST
Occupation
Corporate drone. Dilbert's world is alive & well.

I'm with you on the front end. One of my favorite things about the 5G is that it is not simply a clone of another truck. Now viewed from the front, the maverick, 6G and F150 look like some sort of family reunion. No individual character from an appearance standpoint. While I certainly wouldn't hate on a 6G, I just prefer to have a "Ranger," not a baby 150.

All that said, if I was in the market today it'd be another Ranger for me. I'd get over the front end a whole lot quicker than I would that damn laptop glued to the dash. If I had a 6G, I'd be starting a thread on that forum entitled "How to remove the laptop from the dash and replace it with ol' skool knobs and switches." Probably need just a little help :giggle: from airline tech with that project. Guess I could start with a 10mm socket while I wait on his instructions.
Sponsored