Looking to fix a lean on the 2020 Mklll Ranger four door, with ARB canopy only mod.

Pacerman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Mklll
Occupation
Retired
Hello team Ford members, newbie to the forum and wondered if anyone can point me to the right place to look for part numbers for the 2020 Mklll Ranger please? My search for a parts list finished up with a request for a service booking.

My unit has a lean to the left and I wish to check if the rear springs have been put in the incorrect sides.

Speaking with others who have had a similar issue, most solved the problem with an upgrade, but I want to tackle Ford first on their response that the lean is 'within specs' which is ridiculous - over an inch variation at the rear wheel arches at times, particularly when the fuel tank is full. It was really noticeable after a week over Xmas parked up. My local dealer won’t talk about it ‘Speak to Ford’ they say and that seems a waste of time – non committal, ‘within specs’ (which they will not clarify) and every scrap of correspondence has to be vetted by their legal team before being sent – leaving me a bit miffed and wondering what can actually cause such a lean.

Surely the vehicle should support a full load of fuel on an even keel - or is this an everyday feature for this vehicle?

Appreciate any feedback thanks..Cheers - Phil
Sponsored

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
At least on the US version, there is a shim that is installed on the drivers side that fixes this issue. In the US we have left-hand drive cars and trucks. There are a few threads on here about it.

OP
OP

Pacerman

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Mklll
Occupation
Retired
At least on the US version, there is a shim that is installed on the drivers side that fixes this issue. In the US we have left-hand drive cars and trucks. There are a few threads on here about it.
Thanks for that - at least they address the issue in the states, but I'm told the vehicle is 'within specs' i.e. Normal - go figure.

Now you have me wondering if I stumbled across a US forum - or does it cater for 'down under' as well?

Cheers - Phil

egilbe

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
Thanks for that - at least they address the issue in the states, but I'm told the vehicle is 'within specs' i.e. Normal - go figure.

Now you have me wondering if I stumbled across a US forum - or does it cater for 'down under' as well?

Cheers - Phil
Mostly US based, but there are several posters who taunt us with their Wildtrak and Raptors and diesel engines that aren't available here, for whatever reason. Australia has had the biggest hand in developing the Ranger for the US, so we have had some of the same issues with the US version.
Sponsored