El Renno

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know how to feel about the tailgate letters.. they’re kinda big.. I don’t want to highlight them, I’d rather hide them lol
Not me. I like mine to stand out. I got mine done in magnetic gray to match the sport appearance package. Looks awesome.
TjD9-lYmxvfT7apxzzAD5TJbzrLqQTzj18A0bAL1mpqvevCDipMRv5aGAKFuc_ggmxJvxMeBL&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
Not me. I like mine to stand out. I got mine done in magnetic gray to match the sport appearance package. Looks awesome.
TjD9-lYmxvfT7apxzzAD5TJbzrLqQTzj18A0bAL1mpqvevCDipMRv5aGAKFuc_ggmxJvxMeBL&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.jpg
I like to graphic above the oval - what is the significance?

OP
OP
SafetyDan

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t know how to feel about the tailgate letters.. they’re kinda big.. I don’t want to highlight them, I’d rather hide them lol
I agree that the letters are big, BUT they are there, might as well do something with them.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4, 2019 Jeep Rubicon on 37's
Wow I’m glad I didn’t get the vinyl letters. Mine took all of about 2 minutes to install. They all look great. Nice thing about the vinyl is that if you don’t like it, you can remove it easily. Lol. Mine, not so much.

C2E88974-F011-4F01-8823-C46EED87FBF0.jpeg

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
Helps if you buy the right letters. Solid molded with beveled edge. No sticker or flat cut out pieces. Cut each letter out separate from the sheet. Hold the clear plastic and lightly position. If good, press in place. No water or soap. Magnetic is color matched.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/sandman-ranger-build.3383/

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I'm still kinda torn on adding lettering to the tailgate on my Lightning Blue. I was looking for something subdued, and I glad this older post popped up. If I can make the final decision to do it, the charcoal black is the look I was wanting. After seeing these trucks my dial is now tilting toward "do it." :)

Sandman Ranger

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Crew Cab 4x4 Saber
Occupation
Lead Process Engineer
I'm still kinda torn on adding lettering to the tailgate on my Lightning Blue. I was looking for something subdued, and I glad this older post popped up. If I can make the final decision to do it, the charcoal black is the look I was wanting. After seeing these trucks my dial is now tilting toward "do it." :)
You can always remove.

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
My stainless steel lettering is showing signs of rust at the edges.

Any suggestions on how to clean it?

If I want to remove them, is it just a case of heating them up with a hairdryer blower and picking an edge and peeling them off?

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
OMG!:shock: You guys took the tailgate off and did the letter DRY?!...THAT'S GOTTA HURT:facepalm:

Should've put 4 drops of Dawn dish soap into a small spray bottle and wet both tailgate and decal...slide it around (with the tailgate still attached to the truck) until you're happy with it's position and dab excess liquid...after you're sure, use a small squeegee and done...
Agreed! Easy Peazy. Mine went on very quickly. I used the indentation to line up the letters. They came out perfect. Same results with the front grill.

I started to do the dash indent, but had much more trouble lining those up. I still have not gotten back around to those.

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
My stainless steel lettering is showing signs of rust at the edges.

Any suggestions on how to clean it?

If I want to remove them, is it just a case of heating them up with a hairdryer blower and picking an edge and peeling them off?
If their rusting at the edges, it won't be long before the paint around the edges will start to deteriorate. Rust has a tendency to spread very easily/quickly, especially looking at where you live....I'm sure they use some type of road brine/salt there, and any of it that settles on the lettering where it meets the paint will start to go quickly.
I'd suggest using a heat gun or wife's hair dryer on low heat and remove the letters ASAP.
Yeah, just heat a letter and carefully pry a corner , maybe using a plastic pry type tool....even an old credit card, and pull it off carefully.
If you want "shiny" then use SS/chrome colored raised plastic letters or chrome vinyl.

Last edited:

Swingpure

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT Sport
Thanks, they are removed. No underlying rust. I still have to remove some of the glue, but I am boiling sap right now so that will be a tomorrow’s job.

Any suggestion on how to remove the glue without harming the paint?
Sponsored