First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Thanks, they are removed. No underlying rust. I still have to remove some of the glue, but I am boiling sap right now so that will be a tomorrow’s job.

Any suggestion on how to remove the glue without harming the paint?
Goof Off works great.

1709395438749.png
Sponsored

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
Thanks, they are removed. No underlying rust. I still have to remove some of the glue, but I am boiling sap right now so that will be a tomorrow’s job.

Any suggestion on how to remove the glue without harming the paint?
Goo Gone, Goo Off, any of that type stuff. Personally, I use mineral spirits, followed by a quick swipe with isopropyl alcohol, and then re-wax unless your putting new vinyl/plastic lettering on.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Way to tough for my old eyes - paid to have both the tailgate letters and the grill done. Used Ford's black chrome on tailgate and the charcoal vinyl on my Metallic. We have a graphics guy in our little town the does whole vehicle wraps and all kinds of similar, does great and meticulous work. The black chrome looks different from different angles and different light. The grill pic half done shows just how "washed out" the chrome looks plain.

lettters.jpeg

hlaf grill.jpg
Looks like what I did to my truck. When I bought it I worked where a lot of people drive Range Rovers that had that polished black lettering so I mimicked it. The TVD front magnetic lettering was a natural but I never successfully got the dash lettering done - I guess it was due to my shakey old man hands 😉.

This looks like a good styling trim for us magnetic Lariat owners 👍🏼 and if I felt like emulating the RAM guys I would switch my chrome front grill trim to the Ford Performance replacement (painted to match the body) as long as I could get the FORD lettering in chrome.
Screenshot_20240124-000856~2.png

rangergrille1~2.JPG

That is if I wanted to spend that kind of money on it now 💰
Screenshot_20240124-000912.jpg

Last edited:

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed! Easy Peazy. Mine went on very quickly. I used the indentation to line up the letters. They came out perfect. Same results with the front grill.

I started to do the dash indent, but had much more trouble lining those up. I still have not gotten back around to those.
Some alcohol water mix in a spray bottle will set the decal when you're happy and don't want it moving around while it's drying...
Sponsored