First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
I have twice tried to sprout strawberry seeds…no luck. Strawberries grow great around here, so not sure what I’m doing wrong.:frown:
I wish you great abundance with your garden!:)
I don't know, are strawberries one of those plants that need to freeze before they can sprout?
Thanks Tracy, I've never started strawberries from seeds. I just get the rhizomes from places like Gurneys(here) or this time Home Depot had some. Just look by all the bulbs and bare root fruit plants like grapes and raspberries. Like @IdahoRanger said just clip the runners and replant. those will be clones of the original plant were as the seeds would be altered. They are perenial but last year I killed them from neglect so this year I built a new bed

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Thanks Tracy, I've never started strawberries from seeds. I just get the rhizomes from places like Gurneys(here) or this time Home Depot had some. Just look by all the bulbs and bare root fruit plants like grapes and raspberries. Like @IdahoRanger said just clip the runners and replant. those will be clones of the original plant were as the seeds would be altered. They are perenial but last year I killed them from neglect so this year I built a new bed
Great advice Dave & Steve @IdahoRanger. I’ll see about getting some. I read up on starting seeds & striating them, but not so sure how it will do.
I’ll get some from Home Depot or Gurneys.:) Thanks for the link!

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Just ordered some from Gurneys. Thanks, Dave! :)

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unretired
Took a drive to Pie Town NM and passed through the VLA.

http://www.vla.nrao.edu/

20230409_103047.jpg
where did you learn how to park? so far over the line you can't see them in the picture. what's with the orange ranger drivers not knowing how to park? or is it a requirement? ?

on a more serious note- you never realize how big that array is until you drive past it

Last edited:

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Unretired
Strawberry whoppers. I bought to sets of 10 & some strawberry fertilizer. :)
Part of my patch were whoppers. couple got huge like baseball sized but most stayed golf ball sized and they all were tasty even with slug holes

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
where did you learn how to park? so far over the line you can't see them in the picture. what's with the orange ranger drivers not knowing how to park? or is it a requirement? ?

on a more serious note- you never realize how big that array is until you need drive past it
Must be a New Mexico thing!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
1681083545589.png

Dang! Wonder how many channels you can get with that!!!!
When I was there several years ago, there was a guy from Canada in a motor home that had all kinds of alien stickers all over the motor home. And a bunch of antennas. He was sitting in a lawn chair and looked like he was stoned out of his gourd.