First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT 2WD SuperCab
Occupation
audio / semi retired
I don’t want or need a 4x4, but I have the elocker. It’s handy in all kinds of situations in low traction. It’s enough for my needs. I don’t need 4wd, but do need the locker, and in farm country, we all drive off road.
Sponsored

Nomadjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
I don’t want or need a 4x4, but I have the elocker. It’s handy in all kinds of situations in low traction. It’s enough for my needs. I don’t need 4wd, but do need the locker, and in farm country, we all drive off road.
This! There are lots of cases where being able to lock that second wheel is enough and this saves the weight and complexity of having a full 4wd system. If you don't want or care about 4lo having an elocker will give you just as many locked wheels as 4hi for a lot lower cost.

jleds

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
This may not be the proper thread for this but does anyone know of Torsen/Limited Slip diffs that are available for the new Ranger yet? Thanks in advance!

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
This may not be the proper thread for this but does anyone know of Torsen/Limited Slip diffs that are available for the new Ranger yet? Thanks in advance!
None that we are aware of. Also with the way thi vs are going I don't suspect it will happen

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Anyone know how to keep the rear locker engaged at any speed so that it doesn't shut off past 20? Anyone done it in forscan?

And yes I'm aware of what comes with that, I'm just asking if anyone has done it and how to do it.

Thanks.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Not sure if there is a way to shut that feature off for the E-Locker. That said with the design of the E-Locker vs an Air Locker you dont want to keep it engaged at high speed anyway. An Air Locker will hold up.and keep things truly locked vs an E-Locker will have a little slip in it. If you look at videos on how an Elocker will engage it will explain what i mean a little better. Due to that design it makes them a little weaker(vs the Air Locker) and a high torque load from a wheel coming off the ground and hiting the ground right after would most likely cause it to shatter.

I know its not what you want to hear but it is what it is

Superdannyboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport Appearance Package
Not sure if there is a way to shut that feature off for the E-Locker. That said with the design of the E-Locker vs an Air Locker you dont want to keep it engaged at high speed anyway. An Air Locker will hold up.and keep things truly locked vs an E-Locker will have a little slip in it. If you look at videos on how an Elocker will engage it will explain what i mean a little better. Due to that design it makes them a little weaker(vs the Air Locker) and a high torque load from a wheel coming off the ground and hiting the ground right after would most likely cause it to shatter.

I know its not what you want to hear but it is what it is
As long as I land with my foot off the gas I should be fine.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
To the question of why need a locker for 2wd:

When pulling a boat up a slippery ramp, the rear locker is a blessing.
Sponsored