Location services not working

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Noticed this morning my truck location according to Ford Pass is 3 blocks away at my son's house dated 12/22/22 also I tried to do remote start from FP and it didn't work as well as a remote door lock. Updated the app on my Iphone as well as uploaded all the latest updates on the trucks screen. Location service on the phone app is on so I'm at a loss
Sponsored

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Noticed this morning my truck location according to Ford Pass is 3 blocks away at my son's house dated 12/22/22 also I tried to do remote start from FP and it didn't work as well as a remote door lock. Updated the app on my Iphone as well as uploaded all the latest updates on the trucks screen. Location service on the phone app is on so I'm at a loss
Assuming that these services use the truck's modem, check in your Sync menus to see if it displays the modem's serial number. If no serial number is displayed, the modem may need to be rebooted. Mine locked up once, and I had to pull its fuse to reboot it. Fuse F9 in the Body Control Module fuse panel (in the dash fuse panel).

Last edited:

CB750F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ / SCAB Ranger XLT/FX4 & various motos
Occupation
Human
Flaky app, don't trust.

OP
OP
stringbreaker

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Assuming that these services use the truck's modem, check in your Sync menus to see if it displays the modem's serial number. If no serial number is displayed, the modem may need to be rebooted. Mine locked up once, and I had to pull its fuse to reboot it. Fuse F9 in the Body Control Module fuse panel (in the dash fuse panel).
It doesn't show so I guess I'll try that. Will it mess with any other features even it I just remove and wait 30 seconds and reinstall?

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
It doesn't show so I guess I'll try that. Will it mess with any other features even it I just remove and wait 30 seconds and reinstall?
It didn't cause any issues for me removing and reinstalling the fuse.

OP
OP
stringbreaker

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
UPDATE Stopped in to my dealer a few hours ago and the service manager did a deep dive into the computer and noticed some alerts that I was not aware of. He thought the module might be in what he called "DEEP SLEEP" but as it turns out it isn't. Have an appointment (not till March 31) to get it in and diagnosed. More than likely the module will need to be replaced. Glad I took out an extended warranty on the electronics and what not.

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
UPDATE Stopped in to my dealer a few hours ago and the service manager did a deep dive into the computer and noticed some alerts that I was not aware of. He thought the module might be in what he called "DEEP SLEEP" but as it turns out it isn't. Have an appointment (not till March 31) to get it in and diagnosed. More than likely the module will need to be replaced. Glad I took out an extended warranty on the electronics and what not.
Did you try pulling that fuse?

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
retired
went back out and got it open removed the offendyfuse, it was ok I reinstalled it and BOOM you are my new best friend. Thanks for the hot tip
Glad that it worked for you. You should now see a serial number for the modem in the Sync screen.

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Now that you got it resolved I can tell a little story.

Wife had business down in Chicago some time ago. When we left to walk(5 blocks or so) back to the truck I opened the app cause I kind of forgot what street I parked on.

Saw my truck location was in Chicago and for 2 full seconds I had a panic attack thinking my truck was stolen and they drove it to Chicago.

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
March 31?!? Damn........... Glad you were able to get it working.
Sponsored