stringbreaker

stringbreaker

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Now that you got it resolved I can tell a little story.

Wife had business down in Chicago some time ago. When we left to walk(5 blocks or so) back to the truck I opened the app cause I kind of forgot what street I parked on.

Saw my truck location was in Chicago and for 2 full seconds I had a panic attack thinking my truck was stolen and they drove it to Chicago.
?????
March 31?!? Damn........... Glad you were able to get it working.
Fortunately nothing else was affected I happened on it by mistake
Sponsored

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Prius - Purchasing a 2022 Ranger
My vehicle was used, and FordPass will not assign the rights to me. Previous owner disassociated it from his account, I’ve reset the truck, and the dealership supposedly reset the truck to “as built” but still no joy. Now the dealership is saying I have to bring it back in and they’ll need it all day so they can physically access “a number on the modem” so they can order a replacement modem.

does that make any sense?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
My vehicle was used, and FordPass will not assign the rights to me. Previous owner disassociated it from his account, I’ve reset the truck, and the dealership supposedly reset the truck to “as built” but still no joy. Now the dealership is saying I have to bring it back in and they’ll need it all day so they can physically access “a number on the modem” so they can order a replacement modem.

It makes sense if the dealer is saying you just have a bad modem. I don’t see why it would need a replacement modem just to fix the change of ownership.

Have you contacted the Ford Support number to see if they can confirm if the truck is linked to any account?

What happens when you try to activate Fordpass? Also, can you see the modem number under settings?

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired

If you can't see your modem serial number in your Sync menu settings, try pulling fuse 9 in your under dash fuse panel. This will reboot your modem and it may work again.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I will take a look to see if I can see modem serial in the system menu. I’ll try the fuse 9 fix from this thread if not.

The previous owner was a local and confirmed he removed from his account and that the service quit working prior to him trading in.

As for what has happened so far when trying to activate I’ve received varying messages saying either activation failed and/or rights authorization could not be changed.

MississippiCelery

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update: serial shows up in sync settings.
So:

1 - any idea why I wouldn’t be able to add my truck to FordPass?

2 - does it make any sense for the dealer to really have to have my truck all day to take the modem out “to get a number off of it” to order a new one?

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Update: serial shows up in sync settings.
So:

1 - any idea why I wouldn’t be able to add my truck to FordPass?

2 - does it make any sense for the dealer to really have to have my truck all day to take the modem out “to get a number off of it” to order a new one?
Is there an actual serial number after the words modem serial number, or is it blank?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Actual number
I would still try pulling the fuse or disconnecting the battery. Since the previous owner said it had stopped working, there is obviously something wrong. I have had my FordPass quit working when the battery charge level gets low (usually due to infrequent use). So, like computers, when all else fails, reboot. I don't think it would hurt to give it a try.

If you decide to disconnect the battery, you will need to reset the auto down/up on the driver window. Check the owner's manual for any other things to look at when disconnecting/replacing a battery.
Sponsored