First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
I was wondering about a leveling kit too. This video is from 2019 but it has me concerned before I just toss on any 2.5" level kit on a Tremor.

I plan on towing a 19ft travel trailer on weekends so I am waiting till I get some towing miles in. That said, 1.0-2.0" would probably be ideal for my planned use. I think the only level kit under 2.5" I saw was from Traxda. Anyone else see anything?
Sponsored

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Well, I emailed Fox and this is what they said

" The Oem Internal bypass shock is not adjustable and being that it is position sensitive I cannot recommend any alterations to your suspension. "

So that said, I may try a small 1" lift kit but otherwise, I think I may end up just getting the 2.0 later on.

BCRIDGE

First Name
Saya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
project manager
I am actually considering a different route and replace the front fox 2.0 with the adjustable version (0-3") Fox 985-02-133 versus a spacer . Curious though if I need to replace the UCA with a camburg one or if the stock one will be ok.

Synyster06Gates

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Well, I emailed Fox and this is what they said

" The Oem Internal bypass shock is not adjustable and being that it is position sensitive I cannot recommend any alterations to your suspension. "

So that said, I may try a small 1" lift kit but otherwise, I think I may end up just getting the 2.0 later on.
Don't get me wrong, I want mine to sit level too - but I don't understand the rationale behind paying extra for an offroad package that's nearly all suspension upgrades, then changing the suspension. I saw the same thing when people bought the TRD Pro when I had my old tacoma.

awd.nv

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Computers
Don't get me wrong, I want mine to sit level too - but I don't understand the rationale behind paying extra for an offroad package that's nearly all suspension upgrades, then changing the suspension. I saw the same thing when people bought the TRD Pro when I had my old tacoma.
Well that's exactly why I do not want to swap anything out and will be trying the Traxda 1" level kit first. The Tremor package offers a lot more than just the fox shocks/coil overs too so just swapping front ones for adjustable ones is not that big of a deal either. I am sure someone will buy the OEM ones used.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
The Tremor already has an outstanding Fox suspension set up. If they’re not adjustable, and your looking for a little more level, I’d go with a quality spacer . I used the Rough Country 2.5” kit, and Im very happy with it.
077850CE-34E6-4B9B-99EE-69721ED2B883.jpeg
Agreed. If someone is planning on lifting a Ranger, the Tremor is the wrong truck to buy. You're wasting money buying a package that is purely based on a factory suspension tune and then tearing it out. WAY cheaper to buy a base 4x4 or FX4 if you want the skid plate and lift that.

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
I put a 2.5 leveling kit from Rough Country and upgraded my wheels and tires. 18x9's

trem4.jpg

trem3.jpg
What spacers/backspacing on your rims are you rocking. That is how I want my Tremor to look eventually.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
For those with the 2.5“ spacers, any reason why a 2” spacer isn‘t enough for a level? Measuring from the ground to the fender lip, my fronts are 37” and rears are 39”.
There are few reasons for only going with a 2” spacer - or even smaller.
  • Some folks like the look of a small amount of rake
  • Others want a little rake so when they tow, they’re level
  • Some have concerns about ball joints
  • Others carry a lot of weight in the back (Decked systems, etc.)
  • Some tow a contractor’s trailer daily
  • Some have a heavy fibreglass canopy or bed rack with an RTT
I’m sure there are other reasons too.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
I have noticed a few items like the level kits and the replacement Ford Performance HD Diff cover that say "not compatible with Tremor" but I have No idea why.

The "best" way is a replacement adjustable coil-over from Fox or whoever.

That said I did the Torch off-road 2.5 spacer from Amazon. Quality seems just fine. "If you aint got no Torch bro you aint got s#%t!"

Cpore55

First Name
CJ Pore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Inventory planner- Meat solutions
I put a 2.5 leveling kit from Rough Country and upgraded my wheels and tires. 18x9's

just looking for complete clarity, you were able to install the rough county 2.5 leveling kit on it and there was no issue getting it installed?

thanks
trem4.jpg

trem3.jpg

Cpore55

First Name
CJ Pore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Inventory planner- Meat solutions
Also,
Did you sell your tremor wheels? How much did you get if so?
Hows the ride quality?

FKNRANGER

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Network Engineer
Also,
Did you sell your tremor wheels? How much did you get if so?
Hows the ride quality?
I tried nobody would buy them, so I have them for winter. The new wheels ride great and quite.

BCRIDGE

First Name
Saya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
Occupation
project manager
I am actually considering a different route and replace the front fox 2.0 with the adjustable version (0-3") Fox 985-02-133 versus a spacer . Curious though if I need to replace the UCA with a camburg one or if the stock one will be ok.
OK as a follow-up went back and forth on this and will be installing a TRAXX 1" lift this Friday. Interesting enough I measured from the top of the wheel well to the ground front on all 4 corners and am showing a conistent 1" inch rake between front and back. Will see what the trax kit does. Really looking to offset any clearance loss with the shrockworks winch/bumper add. Decided to live into the stock suspension/tire package for now...till the trail take its tollon it or something significantly compelling shows up in the future.
Sponsored