First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Thanks everyone. I thought that 2.5” was high but that’s what the dealer offered so I figured Ford knew how to level their own vehicles. 2” seems to be the level number with 1.5” still leaving a slight rake. I appreciate you all sharing your experiences. I’m going to do it myself and save the $.
FYI, I have a Tremor and a 1" level makes the rockers and frame under the cab level. All the Tremors I have seen pictures of with a 2" level are nose high if you use the rockers as a reference. There is still a little more gap in the rear wheel wells than the front but visually the truck is sitting level.

I have a Lariat with 501a so it has ACC, Lane Assist, Auto High Beams and Emergency Braking. None of them had to be recalibrated and work as they did before. I checked the alignment and it was still in spec after the level too.
Sponsored

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone. I thought that 2.5” was high but that’s what the dealer offered so I figured Ford knew how to level their own vehicles. 2” seems to be the level number with 1.5” still leaving a slight rake. I appreciate you all sharing your experiences. I’m going to do it myself and save the $.
Good call - the dealer is trying to present solutions for problems that don’t exist. You’ll only need to adjust your headlights - super easy - and get a front end alignment.

Post some pics when you’re done - we never tire of looking at Rangers with mods.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
I do suggest getting a 4 wheel alignment after a lift! mine was off .5 of a degree, it was enough to ware my front tires in the first 7k miles ....
the guy said that was common after a lift

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant
20230622_110817.jpg

robbie

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 fx4 ranger
Occupation
Mil
I just bought a ‘23 XLT w Tremor package. It also has the adaptive cruise, etc. The salesperson said that Ford charges $1500 for the leveling kit and install. Considering I did my own leveling on my F150 and that my local shop does them for $500 plus kit, I was familiar with the amount of work it took and how much other “professionals” charged to do it for someone. I asked why so expensive and the salesperson told me it was because they recalibrate the adaptive cruise control, auto brights, etc. has anyone else has any issues with those items after installing a level kit? While I would not be shocked if 2.5” affected those systems, I would be a little surprised that it would be such a big issue with no talk about it elsewhere on the internet. Am I wasting $800 at the dealer or is it the correct move to get those items recalibrated? Thanks in advance for your thoughts/help!
I would not worry about it. I leveled mine and put it on 33's I haven't had anyone flags their brights at me, and the adaptive cruise control works flawlessly. I was nervous at first but I tried it out, and it stops even with super small and low cars in front of me without me touching the brakes.

OP
OP
KrazyTrane

KrazyTrane

First Name
KjK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Lawyer
I do suggest getting a 4 wheel alignment after a lift! mine was off .5 of a degree, it was enough to ware my front tires in the first 7k miles ....
the guy said that was common after a lift
Alignment is scheduled! Thanks for your input. Love the German Shepherd in your picture. We lost ours to old age a year ago - was the best dog I ever encountered.

OP
OP
KrazyTrane

KrazyTrane

First Name
KjK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawyer
I would not worry about it. I leveled mine and put it on 33's I haven't had anyone flags their brights at me, and the adaptive cruise control works flawlessly. I was nervous at first but I tried it out, and it stops even with super small and low cars in front of me without me touching the brakes.
Thanks for the input. I’m happy to save the extra $1k the dealer wanted.

OP
OP
KrazyTrane

KrazyTrane

First Name
KjK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Lawyer
FYI, I have a Tremor and a 1" level makes the rockers and frame under the cab level. All the Tremors I have seen pictures of with a 2" level are nose high if you use the rockers as a reference. There is still a little more gap in the rear wheel wells than the front but visually the truck is sitting level.

I have a Lariat with 501a so it has ACC, Lane Assist, Auto High Beams and Emergency Braking. None of them had to be recalibrated and work as they did before. I checked the alignment and it was still in spec after the level too.
Thanks for the input. I went with the 1” lift from fordrangerlifts.com - that guy was really great to work with and I feel good about 1” being enough especially after reading your post.
Sponsored