LEMON ALERT!! 2019 Ford Ranger is unreliable and dangerous, and Ford Canada does not care.

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Hey everyone, I posted in here awhile ago when I was having issues with my truck, but I can't remember the login for that account, so I've made a new account. I was posting in December as my truck was doing some wacky limp mode stuff on a trans Canada trip from Manitoba to Vancouver Island. Anyways I'm getting dicked over by Ford Canada pretty good. I have a 2019 ranger that literally has given me non stop issues since I purchased it brand new in Sept 2019. It is a lemon. It is dangerous. It is unreliable. And I'm stuck with it it seems. Canada has no lemon laws. There are some organizations the govt here recommends to use if you want to dispute a defective vehicle with a company so I have contacted CAMVAP and I hope they get back to me this upcoming week. As well I have contacted CBC market place and hope that maybe they will be interested, and I am now appealing to you lot of reddit for help and advise. I have made a YouTube video explaining everything in more detail and the story and history of the truck. Cheers. I was pointed to this website and forum from Reddit. Please feel free to share the YouTube link. I understand it's a 20 min Video but it goes through the whole story. Plus you get to listen to a funny Canadian accent.
Sponsored

StezenW

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Magnetic; 1998 Ford Ranger XLT 5-Speed Emerald
Vehicle Showcase
Just watched this whole video and was as perplexed as you until you got the “corrosion in the wiring harness” bit.

The domino effect of something like that would absolutely lead to the serious level of problems you’ve had. Bc the implication of what else could be faulty based on that fact alone is huge. And so we come to the well documented Issues with cars nowadays being basically being computers. If you got even a drop of water onto a circuit board in a laptop, it’s basically game over. A trucks PCM is a little more robust, but still it wouldn’t take much to send all the signals into disarray.

Real sorry you’re having this issue and you’re stuck with the truck. Hopefully since it was broken by man it can be fixed by man. But no one should have to deal with the issues you have with a new truck.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Just watched this whole video and was as perplexed as you until you got the “corrosion in the wiring harness” bit.

The domino effect of something like that would absolutely lead to the serious level of problems you’ve had. Bc the implication of what else could be faulty based on that fact alone is huge. And so we come to the well documented Issues with cars nowadays being basically being computers. If you got even a drop of water onto a circuit board in a laptop, it’s basically game over. A trucks PCM is a little more robust, but still it wouldn’t take much to send all the signals into disarray.

Real sorry you’re having this issue and you’re stuck with the truck. Hopefully since it was broken by man it can be fixed by man. But no one should have to deal with the issues you have with a new truck.
Thank you I really appreciate your input and taking a watch of me explaining everything. Cheers! And I will be sure to update as ford and other resources start to get back to me.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
reading the user name, as well as the post, would imply troll from the get go. but thats alot of effort for a troll to make a 20+ minute video.
so I'll cut some slack.

but what i did do is share your youtube link with all the dealerships you mentioned, as well as Ford Canada and Ford Roadside assistance.

I feel its only fair that they get an opportunity to offer their side of the story is they desire.
Likely they won't, but fair is fair.
Thank you! Yah the dealership is well aware of the issues I am having with the vehicle. And I am grateful that you shared it with ford roadside. Although they aren't much of a help when it comes dealing with maintenance issues with the vehicle. The more traction this gets the better for me because maybe something will be done! As well this is a quick edit to my reply, I don't have social media so I do appreciate you sharing it.

geophb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Hope you get it fixed. It sounds like a loose plug or grounding issue to me, because of how sporadic it is.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Hope you get it fixed. It sounds like a loose plug or grounding issue to me, because of how sporadic it is.
Thank you. Yes D Alex McDonald Ford in Summerside PE was able to find one of the issues which was a loose coil on one of the cylinders. They found that back in February I believe.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
reading the user name, as well as the post, would imply troll from the get go. but thats alot of effort for a troll to make a 20+ minute video.
so I'll cut some slack.

but what i did do is share your youtube link with all the dealerships you mentioned, as well as Ford Canada and Ford Roadside assistance.

I feel its only fair that they get an opportunity to offer their side of the story is they desire.
IMG_20200808_153423~2.jpg
IMG_20200808_153434~2.jpg
IMG_20200808_153441~2.jpg

so I'll cut some slack.

IMG_20200808_153456~2.jpg

quirkybar8

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger 2WD XLT
Have you seen https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/le...-protection-law-canada-doesn-t-have-1.2951106 ? Probably worth a read. "If the issue is safety-related, the consumer may be able to get Transport Canada to investigate. " may apply to you. I've been on winding, hilly two lane roads in Ontario on a number of occasions and can appreciate the potential threat of a logging truck when limp mode gets triggered. They can be serious assholes, which as everyone knows is very un-Canadian.

What was the mileage when you bought it? Odd that you'd have corrosion in a connector. BTW, I nearly got seasick watching you pace while you spoke :).

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Have you seen https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/le...-protection-law-canada-doesn-t-have-1.2951106 ? Probably worth a read. "If the issue is safety-related, the consumer may be able to get Transport Canada to investigate. " may apply to you. I've been on winding, hilly two lane roads in Ontario on a number of occasions and can appreciate the potential threat of a logging truck when limp mode gets triggered. They can be serious assholes, which as everyone knows is very un-Canadian.

What was the mileage when you bought it? Odd that you'd have corrosion in a connector. BTW, I nearly got seasick watching you pace while you spoke :).
I purchased it brand new with no Km on it. Thank you for taking a watch and listening to me explain everything, pacing back and forth helpa me concentrate, and the "ums" and "ughs" are so I'm not dropping the F bomb every other word. And I'm definitely going to give that a read! Thank you for the link!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Just to refute this portion of the thread title...
"2019 Ford Ranger is unreliable and dangerous"
Nonsense!

I now have 15 months of flawless assembly and performance with my 2019 Ford Ranger.
The tread title is self refuting anyway since quote is preceded by the word. LEMON ALERT.
A Lemon being an anomaly by definition.
Whether or not the OP got a lemon may be debatable , but I certainly did not... and if there is one thing I am sure of, it is that I should not have bought a Toyota.

Another point is that the problem IS with the dealerships. Being nice is OK, but it is no substitute for competence or dealer support. They should not sell what they can not fix.

Apparently "Ford of Canada does not care" Or there would be no "Lemon Alert" ...only a problem which was fixed right the first time, or at least the second.

OP
OP
LemonRanger1337

LemonRanger1337

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Semi retired
Just to refute this portion of the thread title...
"2019 Ford Ranger is unreliable and dangerous"
Nonsense!

I now have 15 months of flawless assembly and performance with my 2019 Ford Ranger.
The tread title is self refuting anyway since quote is preceded by the word. LEMON ALERT.
A Lemon being an anomaly by definition.
Whether or not the OP got a lemon may be debatable , but I certainly did not... and if there is one thing I am sure of, it is that I should not have bought a Toyota.

Another point is that the problem IS with the dealerships. Being nice is OK, but it is no substitute for competence or dealer support. They should not sell what they can not fix.

Apparently "Ford of Canada does not care" Or there would be no "Lemon Alert" ...only a problem which was fixed right the first time, or at least the second.
Yes I see what you are saying with my title. I was referring to my vehicle in particular sorry for the confusion. I'm very glad that you have gotten 15 months of solid driving out of your ranger and that yours is safe. Mine is not. And the problem is with the company, by extension the dealerships are part of ford Canada. Also please look through some of the history of service records I posted to see if it is "debatable" wether I purchased a bunk truck or not. But hey, you aren't in my shoes with a 2019 truck that is not working the way a 2019 truck should. So Its easy for you to say I'm trolling or BSing or full of it. But hey it's the internet and you are totally aloud to have your opinion. But just for a few minutes put yourself in my shoes. Cheers.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
When you say Ford Canada do you mean just the dealer or have you tried Ford Corporate? If you call/called corporate ask to speak directly to a supervisor as you should get more help from them. It's to bad there are so many bad dealerships out there and while the one you're working with is bad there could be a better one close by. Have you tried going to another dealer and talking with the manager there?

I had issues with my Tacoma (not as many as yours) and my original dealer was horrible but I found a dealer who at least tried to help me. Hope you can get this resolved because like @Floyd mines been flawless and nothing but a pleasure to own and drive!
Sponsored