JB4 Tune (Burger Motorsports)

Eskram

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a Powerboost Hybrid
Installed a JB4 this week on the Ranger with ~300 miles on the odometer..

Definitely a nice improvement over stock. Since I tend to go through so many vehicles, I leased the Ranger and didn't want to deal with anything that wasn't easily removable or resellable. I previously had a Infiniti Q50 Red Sport that had a JB4 on it as well, and it was a natural progression. Doesn't seem to have the same following here as the Q50, but I'm happy to see Burgertuning is offering something for the Ranger platform.

Running 93 octane on map 3 and loving the gains. ?

Reactions: Doc

Chrisw16

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Occupation
Pool repair
Hey fellas , new to the forum .. been reading a lot of info on this JB4 , finally purchased it !! Really like the device so far , only thing I DONT like is it does not support trans temps nor oil temps for the ranger yet. I tow a 6k pd bay boat often and really wanted that trans temp :(. Others then that good improvement on the MAP3 , MAP4 is great but you’ll deff get some valve pinging up high on just pump 93 ..

SOHK_Alumni

First Name
Win
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2019 Ranger FX4, 2002 Vanden Plas, 1977 Eclat
Occupation
Glorified Mechanic
Hey fellas , new to the forum .. been reading a lot of info on this JB4 , finally purchased it !! Really like the device so far , only thing I DONT like is it does not support trans temps nor oil temps for the ranger yet. I tow a 6k pd bay boat often and really wanted that trans temp :(. Others then that good improvement on the MAP3 , MAP4 is great but you’ll deff get some valve pinging up high on just pump 93 ..
Welcome to the dark side!!!

The hardware tune is not to everyone's tastes, but offers significant advantages of portability, re-sale options and NO electronic fingerprints while maintaining Ford's AF and knock management strategies.

Yea, I might move my JB4 to the wife's FX4 when my warranty expires and move to a flashed tune, a decision for the future.

VainoN

First Name
Vaino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, Factory Five Cobra
Occupation
Tech Management
Any updates? Have the various errors been fixed? How has the unit been since install?

RangerFitz

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx2
Occupation
Danger
Any updates? Have the various errors been fixed? How has the unit been since install?
The latest file, which has been out for a while has been pretty stable. No codes. I do have trouble logging my 2020 though.

Chrisw16

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford ranger
Occupation
Pool repair
I just sold my 2019 , for a bigger truck due to 2 kids and wife complaining about room LOL. I also have a 2 month old JB4 with the rev bluetooth kit so you can adjust MAP settings on the fly and also update via wifi. I paid 569$ from burger motor sports. I will let it go for 430$. That’s a steal ! Absolutely PERFECT condition , LMK. THANKS !
2C98B04F-9419-4D57-A632-1E22154E6EAB.jpeg
DA06D245-3F05-412A-9309-2A7894CA28D3.jpeg
Bump * I’ll let it go for 300$ , just sitting in the box on my dresser. Let me know. Thanks !

Eskram

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a Powerboost Hybrid
If anyone is interested, I have one for sale as well. Decided to go with the Ford Performance tune, as it seems to help with shift points too.

Regnar

First Name
Brud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Any updates on how people's jb4 tunes are working out? I saw that some people were getting odd error codes - is this still happening? Or are those bugs worked out?

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
Anyone have any recent info/reviews on this? It seems super interesting - but also no one seems to use it.

passaloutre

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
Is there any benefit to this thing if I don't want to use premium gas? I'm an 87 guy.

Dinglehead

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat FX4
If anyone is interested, I have one for sale as well. Decided to go with the Ford Performance tune, as it seems to help with shift points too.
is this still available?

juanal210

First Name
juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford ranger
Installed a JB4 this week on the Ranger with ~300 miles on the odometer..

Definitely a nice improvement over stock. Since I tend to go through so many vehicles, I leased the Ranger and didn't want to deal with anything that wasn't easily removable or resellable. I previously had a Infiniti Q50 Red Sport that had a JB4 on it as well, and it was a natural progression. Doesn't seem to have the same following here as the Q50, but I'm happy to see Burgertuning is offering something for the Ranger platform.

Running 93 octane on map 3 and loving the gains. ?
Did you ever sell your tuner? im interested
Sponsored