First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Use the "tow" button to turn off ass , and to turn on your transmission...
Either way, you are still pushing a button, whether its tow or ASS. And my dumb ass has been doing both because I didn't know tow turns off ASS.
Sponsored

NotBudule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XLT
Either way, you are still pushing a button, whether its tow or ASS. And my dumb ass has been doing both because I didn't know tow turns off ASS.
Tow is my favorite button to push , but I agree that I shouldn't have to push it...

pber01

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
Mine just stopped working. Don’t know exactly when or why but I’m not complaining.

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
Mine just stopped working. Don’t know exactly when or why but I’m not complaining.
Let's see, 2019 truck, retired so not driving it much, Florida heat... probably your battery. Switch over to the milage screen and scroll through the screens until you get to the auto stop/start. You'll see the reason it isn't turning off is because the battery is always charging regardless of how far or long you drive.

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
For everyone having problems with it not working it's the battery and possibly the BMS sensor that attaches to the negative battery post. I had the same problem, battery would test OK when tech would do load test but the truck would always say ASS was disabled due to charging. After a week of diagnosing Ford finally approved a new battery and sensor. Link below is to my service write up
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/truck-going-into-deep-sleep.16590/post-401562

KJRR

First Name
KJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger, '14 Ford Edge, '74 VW Type 181
Occupation
Professional Curmudgeon
For everyone having problems with it not working it's the battery and possibly the BMS sensor that attaches to the negative battery post. I had the same problem, battery would test OK when tech would do load test but the truck would always say ASS was disabled due to charging. After a week of diagnosing Ford finally approved a new battery and sensor. Link below is to my service write up
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/truck-going-into-deep-sleep.16590/post-401562
A week to figure that out. Kind of why I haven't taken mine in yet. Don't want to pay thier diagnostic charges to tell me it's a bad battery not covered under warranty after 2.5 years.
Ah maybe next week I'll make an appointment for that and a few other things as I don't drive it daily and they can have it that long. I'm sure they will tell me that is the problem, yet I have much older vehicles with older batteries that have no issues with when I pull them out after 6 months of sitting around. Oh the advancements we have made. ?

Bell407

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Vehicle Showcase
Plug in a night light or anything that draws electricity behind the console
Like Joe said, I just plugged one of the small round 1w adjustable nightlights in the 110 behind the console, 2019 Lariat. Only on when the truck is. No ASS, no drain issues and I get a nice mellow light pointed down to the rear floor so no distraction either.

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
I still can't find how to turn it off with forscan.

Josebd

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford ranger xlt
Occupation
Road maintenance county
Hi Joe,
Doesn't that run the inverter all the time when the truck is on? Is the inverter designed to be on 100% of the time when the truck is running? I really don't know and it may be fine to use it that way, just curious if that is they way it is designed. Thanks!
Been using it like that for 1 year now

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
ASS acting up is the canary in the coal mine for the battery on these.

Mine did the same as the others here.

Battery replaced at about 2.5 years under warranty.

As far as disabling I just pull the shifter into Sport mode when I want it off.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Hi Joe,
Doesn't that run the inverter all the time when the truck is on? Is the inverter designed to be on 100% of the time when the truck is running? I really don't know and it may be fine to use it that way, just curious if that is they way it is designed. Thanks!
Phil I've had a nightlight in mine for almost 3 years now with no issues. Once you turn the truck off the 110 outlet shuts down after 15-20 minutes so no worries about battery drain. The Eliminator works great but I'm cheap frugal so I went with the $2.00 option. ?

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I do the same. Besides it makes the truck "perky" and alot more fun to drive.
Plus it's a whole lot closer to reach than stretching aaalllll the way up there to that button ?

cfhgarza

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Magnetic XLT 301A
Occupation
Press and weld set-up
A week to figure that out. Kind of why I haven't taken mine in yet. Don't want to pay thier diagnostic charges to tell me it's a bad battery not covered under warranty after 2.5 years.
Ah maybe next week I'll make an appointment for that and a few other things as I don't drive it daily and they can have it that long. I'm sure they will tell me that is the problem, yet I have much older vehicles with older batteries that have no issues with when I pull them out after 6 months of sitting around. Oh the advancements we have made. ?
Too be fair to the dealer I could have taken the truck back after a few days. They told me I could take it while they waited for guidance from Ford. I have an extra vehicle so it was just easier to keep it there.
Sponsored