First Name
chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford ranger lariat
Occupation
self employed
just curious,,,, i see lots of talk about the maverick and the orders along with the bronco and talk about the electric f150, but rarely see reports on orders or info from ford on the ranger much... they seem to mention other products but very little ranger updates..... thoughts?
Sponsored

C.moore01

First Name
Colbey Moore
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 escape 2019 ranger
After the maverick gets released they’ll be hyping the new ranger, as new products come to market Ford generates a lot of buzz and news articles to get people interested

bfastr

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
I never see much advertising for the Ranger as it is. Was at the Mall not long ago and in the atrium there were huge pillars with the local ford dealer truck ads. All pictures of F150's and the New Bronco. out of a dozen pics not one was a Ranger, or even a Super Duty. or a Maverick for that matter.

I think it will all depend on sales numbers, way too soon to speculate, it will just depend on which one they can sell more of.

and for now, I have a nice Ranger I like, who knows, 5 years from now I may be on to something different anyway. maybe an electric F150.. or maybe a Raptor.. or maybe a new Ranger.

ScrappyLaptop

First Name
Scrappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT SuperCrew 2x4
Occupation
IT
After the maverick gets released they’ll be hyping the new ranger, as new products come to market Ford generates a lot of buzz and news articles to get people interested
Long term, it's good to have their various models on slightly different cycles (even if the underlying platform isn't). This way they've always got "something new from Ford".

I agree about the new Ranger since it looks like we'll be due for electrification (full or hybrid) next, just based on all the pieces they seem to be slowly putting into place.

Reactions: Doc

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
It's been pretty clear for a while that this gen of the US ranger was ford's attempt to make some cash and stake out some market share while spending as little as possible. Even with minimal marketing they've still managed to sell quite a few and take a pretty big chunk of the midsize market. When the next gen comes out in another year or two I think you'll see ford putting a lot more effort into selling the ranger, maybe pushing for the number one spot in the midsize market.

Fattirz in NC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘02 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew
Occupation
Designer/Draftsman
There a ton of spy photos, possible Ranger Raptor too for 2023 to be released next year. It looks like Ford is finally investing a proper amount of R&D into a game changer for the midsize segment. My only concern is the availability of more configurations? I’m most interested in a SuperCrew/longbed (extended wheelbase) version. We’ll have to just wait and see?

Reactions: Doc

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I never see much advertising for the Ranger as it is. Was at the Mall not long ago and in the atrium there were huge pillars with the local ford dealer truck ads. All pictures of F150's and the New Bronco. out of a dozen pics not one was a Ranger, or even a Super Duty. or a Maverick for that matter.

I think it will all depend on sales numbers, way too soon to speculate, it will just depend on which one they can sell more of.

and for now, I have a nice Ranger I like, who knows, 5 years from now I may be on to something different anyway. maybe an electric F150.. or maybe a Raptor.. or maybe a new Ranger.
I'm kinda relieved to see them cut back on advertising the Ranger.
If you watched them you would think that they were all 4WD 4doors used exclusively by risk takers and not allowed on the road or able to do real truck chores.