First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
Well it happened today!! I finally got the lift done on my Pathfinder. Of course I went with Old Man EMU. There arent many options for this vehicle but I was comfortable with this option. Simply replaced all the shocks and the rear springs. After that I cranked the torsens up a little and it is set to my likings! As to no suprise the Old Man EMU rides well on the street. Next weekend I will most likely hit a small trail in AZ. I thank my experience with the Ranger for making this choice.

For those that are not aware Old Man EMU by ARB focuses on suspension products that are geared for Touring/Overlanding purposes. This will include lofting the vehicle to a safe limit without having to buy other components like upper control arms(if its needed it is usually included), being able to carry a good amount of weight while maintaining lift and not use air bags(looking at the leveled folk on here) and being comfortable while traveling on and OffRoad.

For the Pathfinder it only has the Nitrocharger available abd I don't believe Old Man EMU will produce the BP-51 for it. If they did I would buy it. For those that are looking at Old Man EMU both the Nitrocharger and the BP-51 do well. Its just a question of what you are willing to spend.

Small edit to add th photos

Rear shocks are bigger in diameter,fronts not so much.

1119221244.jpg

1119221407.jpg

1119221348_HDR.jpg

1119221553.jpg

1119221651_HDR.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
Looks great Frenchy! I always loved that body style of pathfinders.

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks great Frenchy! I always loved that body style of pathfinders.
Definitely one of the most overlooked 4X4's of its time and yet it was rated #1 in its class by Car & Driver

navsnipe

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ranger FX4 Lariat (totaled), 23 Audi Q5
Occupation
Automating Buildings and confusing humans
Definitely one of the most overlooked 4X4's of its time and yet it was rated #1 in its class by Car & Driver
Doesn't look like a Ranger! :p
Old Man EMU should pay you for the advertising you do here.

Todd Chapin

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 crewcab lariat fx4
Occupation
Chef
I bought a regular cab 1986 1/2 " Hardbody" 4x2 truck when they first came out. They had a Pathfinder with a lift and 35" tires with those rims on the showroom floor I dearly wished I could afford at the time. The truck was pretty good other than it got stuck everytime it saw sand. I still wish I had bought the Pathfinder.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Looks very nice!

I used to have a 1995 Pathfinder.

It was a great truck and it got my wife addicted to SUVs to where now an SUV is all she'll even consider.

I have thought about getting a second gen Xterra (2005-2015) with a 6 speed manual.

It looks like the 2nd gen is equipped with the same low mounted alternator that the Ranger has.

If only I could get my GC in a manual!

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I bought a regular cab 1986 1/2 " Hardbody" 4x2 truck when they first came out. They had a Pathfinder with a lift and 35" tires with those rims on the showroom floor I dearly wished I could afford at the time. The truck was pretty good other than it got stuck everytime it saw sand. I still wish I had bought the Pathfinder.
Yeah, sand wheeling can be interesting if you dont air down to begin with. Part of why i like the Pathfinder is it has a very nice LSD in the rear. That helps with Wheeling all together. I have yet to get stuck anywhere with this, and I have a plan to get an E-Locker up front(I finally found one!!)

OP
OP
Frenchy

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Looks very nice!

I used to have a 1995 Pathfinder.

It was a great truck and it got my wife addicted to SUVs to where now an SUV is all she'll even consider.

I have thought about getting a second gen Xterra (2005-2015) with a 6 speed manual.

It looks like the 2nd gen is equipped with the same low mounted alternator that the Ranger has.

If only I could get my GC in a manual!
The second Gen Xterra is nice. Th manual is touchy to drive in those unfortunately but it is doable. Even the 5 speed Auto is good in them. The wheel base and hieght is similar to the WD21 Pathfinder to where it doesnt need much at all if you want to go wheeling. If they had a factory spare tire carrier and a bigger fuel tank option I would be all in on it.
Sponsored