First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew FX4
Occupation
none
I just ordered the OME standard kit from Stage 3. I currently have everything oem except for Bilstein 5100’s and 265/70r17 tires. I’m gradually receiving parts from Stage 3.

I am having the suspension installed at an experienced off road shop(Jeeps and full size trucks). Stage 3 and Old Man Emu/ARB tell me there are no installation instructions other than to follow oem instructions.

I guess I’m overthinking this but after reading through the threads it seems some parts( Example: rear leaf oem shims are used in conjunction with the oem leaf springs). Is this something that most shops/mechanics know to do? It just seems weird there are no detailed installation instructions from Old Man Emu/ARB for the kit? Thoughts?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yes any reputable shop will know how to do this and set everything up for you. Sounds like you've found one (experienced off road shop for Jeeps and full size trucks) and I wouldn't have any worries about the instal. Plus I'm sure IF they happen to run into an issue they'll just call OME and get their advice.

I just had Eibachs installed and I don't remember seeing any instructions in there either, just the warranty info. I have over 5,000 miles on them now and everything turned out fine.

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
I once a long time ago installed an ARB OME suspension on the Bronco I owned. I just followed the Ford Factory F series manual for remove and replace. After all at the end of the day the parts are the same as the original just (hopefully) a bit better made, and more dialed in to your specific needs. I must admit I found the OME shocks much better than the originals, the suspension itself much the same, however with better load capacity and a mild lift. I didn't want a massive lift or else it wouldn't have fit in my garage at the time. Make sure your installer greases the urethane bushes well, or else they will squeak!

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Most people installing suspension lift kits like this, that do not require a differential drop or anything crazy do not need instructions. At least if it's what they do for a living. I have lifted, lowered, leveled, and put all those back to stock at least 30 times if not more. Never used instructions past the torque values.

Don't worry about a good offroad shop. Struts are all the same, so are leaf springs. Nothing crazy about this ranger. Should be good.

OP
OP

Tenderfoot1

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Supercrew FX4
Occupation
none
Thanks. I appreciate the responses.