DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Waze is an app, not factory nav which is what DakotaGuy has.

I just use Google maps in CarPlay. :wink:

My wife’s Edge has factory Nav in SYNC3 and we never use it. Google maps with traffic in CarPlay just seems to work better.
It's not Waze. I haven't even installed that yet. I'm positive it has factory nav. They messed up on the build, but least it's a good mess up!

I agree that Google Maps with Android Auto in my case probably better then the factory nav, but it's nice to have available if you don't want to mess with plugging in your phone or your out in the boonies with a poor cell signal.

Snapchat-473279907~2.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Anthony

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 SCrew
Occupation
COO
Vehicle Showcase
It's not Waze. I haven't even installed that yet. I'm positive it has factory nav. They messed up on the build, but least it's a good mess up!

I agree that Google Maps with Android Auto in my case probably better then the factory nav, but it's nice to have available if you don't want to mess with plugging in your phone or your out in the boonies with a poor cell signal.

Snapchat-473279907~2.jpg
Sorry I was replying to Roofhopper who linked to Waze on SYNC3. I was noting that you had factory Nav, not Waze.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Hi,

There are a coupe things that will occasionally happen. With demand so high on the new Ranger, there might be a supplier shortage of some parts, like the 14401 main wiring harness, so to continue building, there may have been a "fall back" plan to continue production and that would be to add a feature to keep the line moving...Does not happen frequently, but unlikely you are the only example of this build...It is not a misbuild for sure, but likely not many built with a modified build sheet. You will never know the story behind the build though as this is not frequently released to the public. I got a 1975 F150 with dual tanks even though I ordered only a single tank...reason...ran out of single tank pickup box sides...

Enjoy your new Ranger!
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. - Retired

Claudess

First Name
Claude
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
The Ranger I ordered is an XLT 302A FX4 without the technology package so it doesn't have adaptive cruise, but it has factory nav. I never paid for any extra package, but it has nav. I was shocked and my salesman said something had to be messed up. I guess I have a rare one!

I have attached a couple pictures. The options on my window and if you can tell the standard cruise with factory nav, but XLT silver trim. Is it really the "golden egg?" Or do they really come this way?
0413191606.jpg
0413191617~2.jpg

I think mine has the exact same options, but the NAV is not included on the sticker.

Truck.PNG

Truck.PNG

Ross Del Duca

First Name
Del Duca
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Rangel Lariat FX4, 1946 Willys CJ2A
Wait a second..... your dash/gauge cluster looks entirely different from my Lariet. I had no idea there were different dash layouts. I actually kinda like yours better.

rangerdanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger SuperCrew XLT FX4
Vehicle Showcase
Wait a second..... your dash/gauge cluster looks entirely different from my Lariet. I had no idea there were different dash layouts. I actually kinda like yours better.
Yes the XLT gets a Engine RPM gauge on the left-hand side.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Focus ST 2018 F150 Lariat
The Ranger I ordered is an XLT 302A FX4 without the technology package so it doesn't have adaptive cruise, but it has factory nav. I never paid for any extra package, but it has nav. I was shocked and my salesman said something had to be messed up. I guess I have a rare one!

I have attached a couple pictures. The options on my window and if you can tell the standard cruise with factory nav, but XLT silver trim. Is it really the "golden egg?" Or do they really come this way?
0413191606.jpg
0413191617~2.jpg
Does Sirius Travel Link work?

OP
OP
DakotaGuy

DakotaGuy

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger SuperCrew XLT Tremor
Does Sirius Travel Link work?
Yes everything works just fine. I'm going to assume that adaptive cruise and navigation even though packaged together as an option work as independent systems in the vehicle.
Sponsored

Last edited: