Gregg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger, 2021 Mustang Mach 1
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Vehicle Showcase
Either that or it's telling you he's lonely and wants to go for a ride. ?
It has been a little neglected lately. Although we did run some errands yesterday. Total of about 30 miles. :)
Sponsored

Clyde

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
It worked for a while, and then every day my Lariat would go into deep sleep mode. Voltmeter on the battery was showing 12.4 after sitting all night. I did some googling and found out how to reset the BMS module and that seems to have fixed everything. Intelligent access works on all 4 doors, remote start works. Let's see how things work in the morning.

Turn on the vehicle without starting, flash the high beams 5 times and then step on the brake pedal 3 times fully releasing each time. You'll then see the battery symbol on the instrument cluster flash 3 times. You should be good to go.

Clyde

First Name
Clyde
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Brent,
I have a 2018 F 150 Platinum , converted to RHD by Vehicle Development Corp. in Melbourne, Australia. I bought this car new and has been a great thing, except for the right hand door [which is obviously now the drivers door] giving me grief with the intelligent access. V.D.C. sent me a new door handle which worked for about 6 months, but failed 2 months ago. Spent a heap of V.D.C money with electronic repair companies here in Brisbane , with no result. A friend saw your post and passed on the information, I tried it , the door has now been working perfectly for 3 weeks.
I cannot Thankyou enough.
No I have not clucked - bought a chicken suit - or done the chicken dance.
Just smile a lot when I open and close my door.

Very Best Regards

Clyde

emesel

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Engineer
Many thanks! I was having the same problem and did not understand it. Care also sat for a while. And thanks for the reset code.

Texas Scout

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat, White Platinum
Many thanks for posting the reset/fix sequence for the Intelligent Access (IA) function.

My IA feature quit working about 10 days ago. My first “clue” I had a problem was I had to take the key fob out of my pocket and push the remote button holding the fob close to the door handle to lock/unlock the door, so the IA function was not working at all.

I assumed the key fob battery needed to be replaced, so I installed a new CR2450 3V battery. I expected this would resolve the problem and the IA feature would be restored, but no luck. I looked in the manual under the IA functions, but there was not anything there to explain the next steps.

The “crazy” sequence you posted actually worked perfectly. Truth be told, I did modify the extra step P.A. Schilke aka Phil mentioned stating one needed to cluck like a chicken. My modification was to ”bark like a dog”, and it still worked with this slight modification

It worked for a while, and then every day my Lariat would go into deep sleep mode. Voltmeter on the battery was showing 12.4 after sitting all night. I did some googling and found out how to reset the BMS module and that seems to have fixed everything. Intelligent access works on all 4 doors, remote start works. Let's see how things work in the morning.

Turn on the vehicle without starting, flash the high beams 5 times and then step on the brake pedal 3 times fully releasing each time. You'll then see the battery symbol on the instrument cluster flash 3 times. You should be good to go.

Progeny2021

Banned
Banned
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Super Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
Low battery voltage can cause this.
Charge the battery before doing anything else. Top off with a 'smart charger' - I use a Battery Tender. There are many other brands on the market.

147988i4_ts.jpeg
Sponsored