Intelligent Access not working

CWO2LT

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport trim 4 x 4, Hot Pepper Red, Line-X bed liner, Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover
The intelligent access on my 2019 Lariat has suddenly stopped working on all the doors except the drivers door. Anyone else experienced this? I can lock and unlock all the doors from the driver's door, but nada when I touch the other 3 doors.
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
All I know....just purchased and remember reading this.

5DF746A1-D086-4337-8E55-86BE26553B57.jpeg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if that resets it. Don't know if it will work but it seems to help for most glitches.

Dahveed

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 4x4 / 2020 Ford Edge ST-Line
Occupation
Pharmacy Consultant
Try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes and see if that resets it. Don't know if it will work but it seems to help for most glitches.
This. I know I remember seeing another post not too long ago where they disconnected the battery for 5 minutes or so and then IA started working again.

"Hello, IT. Have you tried turning it on and off again?"

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I experienced this, and charged my battery overnight.
Been fine since.
Just my experience.
(I suspect the truck starts shutting down stuff with a low battery?)

OP
OP

CWO2LT

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport trim 4 x 4, Hot Pepper Red, Line-X bed liner, Retrax Pro XR tonneau cover
Right after I posted this I received a low battery warning from the FordPass app informing my that my remote features are shut down. I'll charge the battery up tomorrow and see if this solves the problem. Due to the COVID and wife and I both home all day, the truck not been driven much over the last 2 weeks.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I've also read that the Battery Management System can take up to 8 hours to recognize that the battery has been charged up to snuff.
So, don't be too quick to judge results.

JoeC

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
Right after I posted this I received a low battery warning from the FordPass app informing my that my remote features are shut down. I'll charge the battery up tomorrow and see if this solves the problem. Due to the COVID and wife and I both home all day, the truck not been driven much over the last 2 weeks.
So.....what happened?
You just can't leave us hangin'.
That's against da rules!
We gots.ta.know if that fixed your problem!

[Just kidding, but I'd really like to know if charging the battery fixed your issue with the door handle touch lock/unlock.]

OP
OP

CWO2LT

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It appears that is was a low battery issue. After fully charging back up, everything was working normally this morning.

OP
OP

CWO2LT

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It worked for a while, and then every day my Lariat would go into deep sleep mode. Voltmeter on the battery was showing 12.4 after sitting all night. I did some googling and found out how to reset the BMS module and that seems to have fixed everything. Intelligent access works on all 4 doors, remote start works. Let's see how things work in the morning.

Turn on the vehicle without starting, flash the high beams 5 times and then step on the brake pedal 3 times fully releasing each time. You'll then see the battery symbol on the instrument cluster flash 3 times. You should be good to go.

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
It worked for a while, and then every day my Lariat would go into deep sleep mode. Voltmeter on the battery was showing 12.4 after sitting all night. I did some googling and found out how to reset the BMS module and that seems to have fixed everything. Intelligent access works on all 4 doors, remote start works. Let's see how things work in the morning.

Turn on the vehicle without starting, flash the high beams 5 times and then step on the brake pedal 3 times fully releasing each time. You'll then see the battery symbol on the instrument cluster flash 3 times. You should be good to go.
You left out a step before the brake pedal apply....Cluck like a chicken... :) :turkey:

A bit of a back story... Ranger was selected as the platform to pilot Belt Minder (Seat belts) to get Fed Gov't credits before Belt Minder would become law... My engineer, Crissy R. found herself in the position to run the required vehicle testing. Since this was not mandatory it was decided to add a disable feature. So Crissy get the updates and tries out the disable. Do not remember the entire sequence but it entailed key in the accessory position...cycle the power door locks three times...step on the brake pedal three times, then flash the headlights three times (something like that) and oh...by the way...you had to do all this is less than 10 seconds. Crissy finally was able to get this to work, but drug me out to the test vehicle. I read the printed sheet supplied with the revised belt minder module and tried without success until I declared this flat nuts. Next day I tried again and did get it to work...just needed a bout 5 more seconds. Never could get the time change and we went into production. Process was in the owner's manual but likely few if any owners tried it....Sheesh!

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Who came up with this sequence?? :handsinair: :crackup:

Rick R

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat
I had the same issue, the Intelligent Access stopped working on all the doors except the driver's door after receiving a message on the app that my 2019 Lariat was going into deep sleep mode due to low batter. I drove it for over an hour on Thursday to recharge the battery and everything else went back to normal except the door locks. I tried the BMS module reset. The batter light on the dash did not flash three times until I started the engine. After that, the Intelligent Access worked on the rear driver side door but by the time I tried the other doors, it was no longer working. It is back to only working on the driver's door. I will confirm the battery is charged and try again later. I appreciate this forum. I don't know how long it would have taken me to find a possible solution without it. Thanks.
Sponsored