Icon Stage 5 Tubular kit installed!

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat / 2019 Volvo XC60 T6 Inscription
Just finished installing the Icon Stage 5 tubular kit last night. Very impressive build quality and fitment. The ride quality is really impressive now compared to the factory setup. I’ll report back once I take it off road and push the system.

kit included new bump stops and overload spring caps which is a nice touch.

Shout out to @Stage3Motorsports for getting the kit shipped so quick and offering it at an amazing price!

Link: https://www.stage3motorsports.com/K93205T-2019-Ranger-ICON-0-3-5-Lift-Kit-Stage-5-Tubular.html

Here is a video of the suspension in action. Road is a forest service road driven at 20mph with the shocks on the softest setting.

Here are a few shots of the articulation from that video to better understand the terrain. The rear would benefit from a leaf pack to help it twist imo.
F714AE51-9D6B-476B-B04E-7ED7D977B76F.jpeg

F6D7621A-2E68-43B8-81A7-D806715CF088.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Noseoil

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger / 2013 Honda Civic / Red Rocket mini bike (zoom!)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like a good setup for on & off road driving.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Can't wait for them to come out with a beefier rear leaf pack upgrade to go along with their fancy coils and dampers...

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Can't wait for them to come out with a beefier rear leaf pack upgrade to go along with their fancy coils and dampers...
Me too! The rear leaf is my most disliked part of this trucks suspension. I spotted them testing a leaf pack for this truck a month ago so it should be out soon I hope.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That looks really good and looking forward to your off road review of them. Man it's really hard not to spend money after looking at some of these set ups! :curse:

Last edited:

Sunpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
That look really good and looking forward to your off road review of them. Man it's really hard not to spend money after looking at some of these set ups! :curse:
I'm waiting for my Icon rear reservoir shocks to get here. I have my front done. So far I like it. I have Icons on my 4Runner for three years now and do a lot of overlanding and they are great off road.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Updated first post with video.

doug910

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger, '02 BMW 540i
Occupation
Engineer
Updated first post with video.
Awesome vid, thanks for posting!

What's the final ride height increase that you went with? The rear is also just begging with more flex with an upgrade leaf pack too haha

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome vid, thanks for posting!

What's the final ride height increase that you went with? The rear is also just begging with more flex with an upgrade leaf pack too haha
I went with 3” of lift on the front and 1” in the rear with shackles. I added two pics showing the flex from the video. Definitely picking up a set of leafs from icon when they drop in the spring.

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1 week update... really impressed with the ride quality and handling. I drive a lot of curvy roads to work and it really brought the fun out of the truck. Used to just lumber around corners but now it digs in and just pulls though. So fun to push the truck around now. My ideal fast paced street setting for the dampers is 6.

Dmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4
Vehicle Showcase
1 week update... really impressed with the ride quality and handling. I drive a lot of curvy roads to work and it really brought the fun out of the truck. Used to just lumber around corners but now it digs in and just pulls though. So fun to push the truck around now. My ideal fast paced street setting for the dampers is 6.
How was the install? Simple?

OP
OP
Andy

Andy

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How was the install? Simple?
Install was pretty easy. Only issues I had was with getting the old struts out because they had a 2.5” level on them. Other than that it was easy!

One thing I would recommend is to adjust your ride height after installing the coilovers. Otherwise if they are any longer it will be really hard to install.
Sponsored