Stage 3's 2019 Ranger Fox 2.0 Stage 1 Package Review!

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.stage3motorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
I have a question about whether or not these coilovers can be used to lower the ride height of the front of the truck below the stock ride height. Curious to see if this is possible
They're only rated for down to 0" of ride height. Below that, you'll likely take too much preload out of the spring and get a really wonky ride.
Sponsored

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
They're only rated for down to 0" of ride height. Below that, you'll likely take too much preload out of the spring and get a really wonky ride.
Thank you for responding. That was my thought, but thought I would ask.

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Thank you for responding. That was my thought, but thought I would ask.
No worries. It's what I'm here for.

The rumor mill had it that Belltech was working on Ranger lowering stuff, but I don't know how true that was, much less have any sort of ETA. Especially now in these Times of Plague.

Lowering hardware will come. Though it does look like that will be LATER rather than SOONER.

Kevin Franklin

First Name
Tinmender1963
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda FT500. Honda 700SC. 2019 Ford Ranger Sport. 2014 Ford Focus ST. 2017 Ford Escape Titanium. 1994 Ford Ranger Splash. 1986 Ford Mustang GT Splash
Occupation
Damn good question. A lot of different things
Vehicle Showcase
No worries. It's what I'm here for.

The rumor mill had it that Belltech was working on Ranger lowering stuff, but I don't know how true that was, much less have any sort of ETA. Especially now in these Times of Plague.

Lowering hardware will come. Though it does look like that will be LATER rather than SOONER.
We here appreciate the effort that you put into working with us and I suspect that you are correct on "LATER rather than SOONER"

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
@Jason@Stage3 For those of us that jumped in early and just got the 3.5" UCA Lift Kit from BDS, is it possible to upgrade just the front FX4 shocks w/spacers to the Fox 2.0 coilovers and new spacers from BDS?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
Please PM your order number so I can look into your issue.

Thanks!

Edit: Removed quote, since the member in question has been banned due to harassment.

Last edited:

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab,302A,FX4 2016Mazda Miata(zoom-zoom) 2007Yamaha FZ1
Occupation
Covid-19 forced retirement
@Jason@Stage3 I am interested in the fox kit but was curious if rubber protectors for the exposed shock shaft on the rear shocks(like on the Eibach kit) is available or necessary.

OP
OP
Jason@Stage3

Jason@Stage3

Diamond Sponsor
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
Vehicle(s)
2011 F150 5.0L
Occupation
Web Team Overlord
@Jason@Stage3 I am interested in the fox kit but was curious if rubber protectors for the exposed shock shaft on the rear shocks(like on the Eibach kit) is available or necessary.
Fox makes their own Roost Shields for the 2.0s, but feasibly, you can use any universal boot that will fit over a 2" diameter shock. These from ICON, for example.

As far as necessity, boots are pretty cheap insurance against pitting (the Roost Shields arguably less so, but they offer a bit better protection). If you're off-roading on the regular and want to maximize your shock lifespan, then I personally recommend them. I run the rear shocks on my personal truck with boots.

If you hardly ever take your truck off-road or aren't ever dealing with gravely roads, then they probably aren't all that necessary.

DocE3Gun

First Name
Dillen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat Fx4
Occupation
self employed
Fox makes their own Roost Shields for the 2.0s, but feasibly, you can use any universal boot that will fit over a 2" diameter shock. These from ICON, for example.

As far as necessity, boots are pretty cheap insurance against pitting (the Roost Shields arguably less so, but they offer a bit better protection). If you're off-roading on the regular and want to maximize your shock lifespan, then I personally recommend them. I run the rear shocks on my personal truck with boots.

If you hardly ever take your truck off-road or aren't ever dealing with gravely roads, then they probably aren't all that necessary.
Thank you for mentioning gravel roads. I hadn't thought of that for my truck and grew up on gravel...even though I used covers on my ATV's for that purpose.

Hairball

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab,302A,FX4 2016Mazda Miata(zoom-zoom) 2007Yamaha FZ1
Occupation
Covid-19 forced retirement

Thanks for your reply, I don't off-road much but I'm thinking the boots are cheap insurance for my suspension investment.

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
We installed a 2019-2020 Ranger Fox 2.0 Stage 1 Suspension Package a while back on our 2019 Ranger Overland Build, and now that we've put it through its paces both on and off-road, we have now released a Fox 2.0 review video which is now up on our YouTube Channel.

The Fox 2.0s are a very balanced suspension kit and they ride pretty great on-road, and can handle moderate to fairly tough off-roading as long as you're not really pushing you speed. Sure, they're not a 2.5 coilover, but if you're putting together a more road trip-friendly Overland or street/trail truck, you probably don't want to make the jump to a 2.5 anyway.

Their only downsides are they aren't 2.5s (though they aren't meant to be) and that they're pricier than some other options (but can handle off-roading a lot better).

Direct link to video.
Great review and video. I've watched all your mods to the Ranger and would love to add the Fox kit but tough to sell that idea to the wife when I only have 5700 miles on it.

ddtcm81

First Name
tc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Occupation
armed service
I would avoid Stage 3 motorsports at all cost. They have a D- on BBB for a reason. I ordered this kit from stage 3 and it never arrived, not only did it not arrive but stage 3 never ever returned my calls or emails and did not even try to initiate the investigation with UPS.
Sponsored