I just kicked a huge dent into my ranger. Heartbroken...

parkranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX super crew
Occupation
Locksmith
I am beyond frustrated with the alarm. I used Forscan to disable the red button on the remote. That helped somewhat, but the alarm still goes off on me ALL THE TIME. When I open the rear half door about 50% it sounds instantly. I think if the front door shows "locked" like when I lock the doors get locked on the way out, then I open the rear door to grab something from the back seat.

That's not bad because I can usually put the key in the ignition and turn it off rather quickly. Sometimes, and this time in particular, I had already brought my keys and first load of groceries upstairs to my apartment. Going back downstairs without keys (since the truck shouldn't be locked because I just got out of it without locking anything), I tried to open my passenger door but found it locked. Then upon opening the driver's door the alarm started. i had no keys to quiet it and being super smart I thought kicking my truck would make things better. I had not locked anything with the remote, or the door buttons, nor asked for any alarm state to be activated. How is the alarm even active without pressing any buttons to lock anything?

Did it fo off just because I tried the locked door first? I need this 100% deactivated! I am not wanting of an alarm system that works independently of me activating or asking for.
PXL_20211127_004539221.jpg

I take full responsibility for kicking Jezebel, and understand it's not cool to react in such a way to such a trivial thing, but in all seriousness, other than disabling the horn, or installing a horn kill switch, is there a fuse or relay just to permanently disable the alarm?
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Is this a factory or aftermarket alarm? Either way I would've just brought it back and had one of them look at it and see what the problem is. I use to react that way too when frustrated (mostly when younger) but after damaging enough things I realized it was only costing me more money in the long run. Oh, and the stud in the wall when I punched it was the icing on the cake. Hope you get it worked out.

OP
OP
parkranger

parkranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL STX super crew
Occupation
Locksmith
Sort of like punching a wall, not real smart. But, without commenting further, go see a dent removal service. It might be close to the edge of the door, but they may be able to fix it.

Reactions: Doc

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I am beyond frustrated with the alarm. I used Forscan to disable the red button on the remote. That helped somewhat, but the alarm still goes off on me ALL THE TIME. When I open the rear half door about 50% it sounds instantly. I think if the front door shows "locked" like when I lock the doors get locked on the way out, then I open the rear door to grab something from the back seat.

That's not bad because I can usually put the key in the ignition and turn it off rather quickly. Sometimes, and this time in particular, I had already brought my keys and first load of groceries upstairs to my apartment. Going back downstairs without keys (since the truck shouldn't be locked because I just got out of it without locking anything), I tried to open my passenger door but found it locked. Then upon opening the driver's door the alarm started. i had no keys to quiet it and being super smart I thought kicking my truck would make things better. I had not locked anything with the remote, or the door buttons, nor asked for any alarm state to be activated. How is the alarm even active without pressing any buttons to lock anything?

Did it fo off just because I tried the locked door first? I need this 100% deactivated! I am not wanting of an alarm system that works independently of me activating or asking for.

I take full responsibility for kicking Jezebel, and understand it's not cool to react in such a way to such a trivial thing, but in all seriousness, other than disabling the horn, or installing a horn kill switch, is there a fuse or relay just to permanently disable the alarm?
Done it did it been there. But like Dave said, it just costs you more money in the long run. I took my key fob apart and took the red button out and have not had an issue setting off the alarm. It was very easy to do. Constantly setting off the alarm trying to use the lock button blindly. Poor design on Ford's part.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat

I’m so sorry this happened. I know it’s frustrating! As far as having a bad consequence, to your frustration, goes…you’re not alone. Broke my index finger yesterday showing my rear end while putting my Total Gym up. :rolleyes: ?
Hopefully, someone will know a solution for your alarm.

sandog

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Pepper
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I have to go out when it's still dark to go to work, and a couple times I mistakenly hit the panic button while trying to open the door.
I went into Forscan and changed the remote fob so the panic button now needs two presses instead of one for it to go off.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
I'm sure it went off because you tried to open the locked door.

Never once had this happen with intelligent access. Keys go in my pocket when I leave the house. And get put back on the gun safe when I get home. Easy peasy.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Maybe I am more cautious after getting a key fob cover, but I have not accidentally activated my alarm since I bought one.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Is this a factory or aftermarket alarm? Either way I would've just brought it back and had one of them look at it and see what the problem is. I use to react that way too when frustrated (mostly when younger) but after damaging enough things I realized it was only costing me more money in the long run. Oh, and the stud in the wall when I punched it was the icing on the cake. Hope you get it worked out.
Robert, I think we've all been through that frustration at least once in our lives. Myself, it has been several more times than once. Like Dave said, that was in my younger days. Old age has a way of settling one down. I hope you get the alarm thing straightened out. I know that can be quite aggravating. The wife's Mustang has a motion sensor, and if I forget to leave her the FOB when I get out that damn alarm will drive a person crazy.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I’m so sorry this happened. I know it’s frustrating! As far as having a bad consequence, to your frustration, goes…you’re not alone. Broke my index finger yesterday showing my rear end while putting my Total Gym up. :rolleyes: ?
Hopefully, someone will know a solution for your alarm.
@Tracy Bowman Sorry to hear this Tracy. Even after our adventurous younger years we can still pull a bonehead stunt from time to time. I'm a pro at it these days. :) Hope it heals up soon.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Robert, I think we've all been through that frustration at least once in our lives. Myself, it has been several more times than once. Like Dave said, that was in my younger days.

Old age has a way of settling one down.

I hope you get the alarm thing straightened out. I know that can be quite aggravating. The wife's Mustang has a motion sensor, and if I forget to leave her the FOB when I get out that damn alarm will drive a person crazy.
This.... and the fact it doesn't heal as quickly so you're in pain much longer. ?
Sponsored

Last edited: