Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
You have the front set at 2.5"? Can you go lower, say, 1.5"? I don't want to go so high that appears to be higher in the front.
You can adjust from 0 to 3" in front IF stock springs are used and 0-1" in in the back 2.5" does level the stock truck. I'll set using stock springs a 2.25" Front 0 lift in back

SPACER lift 2.5" Rough Country spacers

rangerlevel (1).jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yeah just a spacer. I would hear some "clunking" over rough roads or speed bumps. I am not saying the spacer caused this. Probably a bad install. So I decided to level the truck with shocks.
I'd have to say it's the install. I have these spacers and have not encountered any of this and I've been off road many times and over a few speed bumps faster than I should've. :) Hopefully the shocks work out for you.

User79

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
I'm going to try to set The Eibachs at 2.5" front and 0" rear> Can always adjust them later as well''

They come with springs so I will use the kit springs. Mechanic says less time for all-wheel install as they can remove the entire strut assembly and replace. 3 hours labor at $145/hr. I can save $150 if I went to a private shop. Because the ranger is so new I don't have much confidence in the private shop.
If you use the eibach front springs you will get 3" of lift even with them set at the lowest position. The 0" to 3" settings are only when using the OEM springs.

Start at this post & view the ones that follow.
https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/eibach-in-the-works.1896/page-5#post-57870

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Fort Mill/Indian Land area South Carolina
Vehicle(s)
'19 Lariat Sport and 19 Lincoln MKC Reserve
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
I'm going to try to set The Eibachs at 2.5" front and 0" rear> Can always adjust them later as well''

They come with springs so I will use the kit springs. Mechanic says less time for all-wheel install as they can remove the entire strut assembly and replace. 3 hours labor at $145/hr. I can save $150 if I went to a private shop. Because the ranger is so new I don't have much confidence in the private shop.
I think the closest option to that is 2.25”, and you’d have to use your factory springs to get that. If you want to use your new springs the lowest you can go is 3”. There is a second position to go even higher (3.75”) with the new springs but it is only to be used with heavy bumpers/accessories so that they will bring it back down to 3” or so of lift.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
You have the front set at 2.5"? Can you go lower, say, 1.5"? I don't want to go so high that appears to be higher in the front.
Using factory springs there are five options - stock height, 0.75” lift, 1.5” lift, 2.25” lift and 3” lift.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So Ford fixed the clunking (loose sway or tie bar ends) All is good but I'm still going to install the Eibachs when they get here. I found a shop with 52 5 star reviews. that does a ton of lifts. Labor is $60 an hour compared to Ford's Quick Lane at $145/hour

So my plan is to have one front side done to ensure the shocks will fit in a 2WD. Going to go 2.25" on the front, As it sits my truck is 1" higher in the back than the front. So at 2.25", I should be golden, I will ask the guys at the Shop if I should block the rear 1"

Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Guess what came today??? I hope they fit on RWD.....

unnamed.jpg

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck with the kit Tom. I think im going to order the rears friday when they go on sale. Bret
I'm thinking about doing the same. However, I'd like to know the rear ride quality. I don't want a harsh ride.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I'm thinking about doing the same. However, I'd like to know the rear ride quality. I don't want a harsh ride.
I'll install mine and take a ride up to your place where you can test it yourself. I'm due for a 3-hour ride. Correction I will not install mine I have no mechanical skills. When I get them installed I'll take a ride up there.

Cerwin D. Vega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger XLT 4x4
I bought these shocks and used oem springs with 0" setting. This install alone increased ride quality tremendously. Combined with increased sidewall this fixed all of my various non-brake RQ issues. Level may give you a little different results.

The mech said at 0" setting on front he still had to bring it up .25".

I could not level at the time I was establishing new trails and I needed to see over the hood as much as possible.

Good luck, interested in your results.

joeb427

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
In another thread, Subvet says he loves the ride, better handling and is extremely happy with the Eibach set up.
Due to his review, my Eibach set up will be installed tomorrow.
Sponsored