Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat - 2020 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2.5" spacer installed and now I've got some clunking. I'm thinking it's because there's no bushing between the spacer and the body. In any case, I want to do it the right way. So I called Eibach they have not tried to fit those shocks on a 2 wheel drive. However, @PandaMotorworks said they will fit on 2-wheel and 4-wheel. So I m rolling the dice. Ordered the Eibach 4 shock kit and will have them installed by Ford.

I will let the forum know if they are good for 2WD.

I was going to get the Fox 2.0s but they are expensive and my tech told me that they are way overkill for 2WD. With the Eibachs I get front and back with a nice Christmas discount $519,
Now let's see if they work as advertised, The Eibach setup eliminates truck roll If one gets the set, The ride should be better than the spacer. especially on rough roads. I like to go down hunting and fire road trails, Don't need a 4WD for that,
Sponsored

Last edited:

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
What spacer did you have?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Please keep us posted. I am looking at this set-up for my 2wd as well.

is this the kit you got?

https://www.stage3motorsports.com//...ck-Sport-Shock-Strut-Kit-0-3-of-Leveling.html
E80-35-048-01-22
Panda gave me a great deal on the Eibachs, $519 shipped.
Yeah. Thats the one. I have not received it yet. Eibach could not guarantee fitment on RWD But I will have the mechanic measure the stock shocks and do one front wheel to make sure of fitment, I really don't want to spend the bread for Fox shocks LOL The spacer has to go. Too much clunking of the front end going over rough roads or speed bumps

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, the Rough Country spacer you're using is just a spacer? It didn't replace the spring perch itself? I'm looking at the SVC Offroad leveling collar and now you have me worried that just doing something like this will cause the same issues (clunking) you're having. I really don't want a super dramatic lift, or even a leveling kit that raises the front end too much. Hmm.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
So, the Rough Country spacer you're using is just a spacer? It didn't replace the spring perch itself? I'm looking at the SVC Offroad leveling collar and now you have me worried that just doing something like this will cause the same issues (clunking) you're having. I really don't want a super dramatic lift, or even a leveling kit that raises the front end too much. Hmm.
Yeah just a spacer. I would hear some "clunking" over rough roads or speed bumps. I am not saying the spacer caused this. Probably a bad install. So I decided to level the truck with shocks.

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SVC's product looks pretty legit but after looking at the Eibach kit you are having installed, man. I think I may have to spend a few more to do just that.

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
SVC's product looks pretty legit but after looking at the Eibach kit you are having installed, man. I think I may have to spend a few more to do just that.
Eibach told me that it was for four-wheel drive As that is the only truck they had. It may fit a two-wheel drive but they haven't had a two-wheel-drive truck to try it on. @PandaMotorworks claims they have sold the Eibach kit to people with two-wheel drives. I trusted Panda's word when they said they have sold them to RWD customer's experience with this particular kit on a rear-wheel-drive truck. Fingers crossed.

You should be fine with The Eibachs. Next time around I will likely get the 4WD truck anyway.

Last edited:

MTB-BRUH

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Base
Occupation
Shop Manager
SVC setup is completely different, I’m using it and it’s great.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Eibach told me that it was for four-wheel drive As that is the only truck they had. It may fit a two-wheel drive but they haven't had a two-wheel-drive truck to try it on. Panda Motorworks claims they have sold the Eibach kit to people with two-wheel drives. I trusted Panda Motorworks experience with this particular kit on a rear-wheel drive truck. Fingers crossed.

You should be fine with The Eibachs. Next time around I will likely get the 4WD.
I think you should be just fine. The Fox kit fits 2wd and 4x4 so I don’t see how Eibach’s could be any different!

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I think you should be just fine. The Fox kit fits 2wd and 4x4 so I don’t see how Eibach’s could be any different!
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I did call Eibach. They said they have not tried it on a 2WD yet. but my mechanic said they should work on 2WD. Crossing my fingers. It just may turn out to be the best "MOD" I have done thus far.

FULLSCALE

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 Supercrew, 2011 Mazda 3 Sport GT-E, 1968 Ford Mustang
Thanks for the vote of confidence. I did call Eibach. They said they have not tried it on a 2WD yet. but my mechanic said they should work on 2WD. Crossing my fingers. It just may turn out to be the best "MOD" I have done thus far.
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them, they’re at the top of my list right now but just haven’t made a final decision! Are you going to use your factory springs or use the Eibach springs to get the full 3” of extra height?

OP
OP
SubVet

SubVet

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
I look forward to hearing your thoughts on them, they’re at the top of my list right now but just haven’t made a final decision! Are you going to use your factory springs or use the Eibach springs to get the full 3” of extra height?
I'm going to try to set The Eibachs at 2.5" front and 0" rear> Can always adjust them later as well''

They come with springs so I will use the kit springs. Mechanic says less time for all-wheel install as they can remove the entire strut assembly and replace. 3 hours labor at $145/hr. I can save $150 if I went to a private shop. Because the ranger is so new I don't have much confidence in the private shop.

Last edited:

SpaceRanger

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm using The Eibachs at 2.5 front and 0" rear> Can always adjust them later as well''

They come with springs so I will use the kit coils. Mechanic say less time for all-wheel install as they can remove the entire strut assembly and replace. 3 hours labor at $145/hr. I can save $150 if I went to a private shop. Percent the ranger is so new I don't have much confidence in the private shop. The dealer has installed a few of these kits
You have the front set at 2.5"? Can you go lower, say, 1.5"? I don't want to go so high that appears to be higher in the front.
Sponsored