I got a free 2021 Explorer with free gas for its lifetime to go with my Ranger.

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Total click bait title, but I got upgraded at work. So much better than having to scrunch down into a Dodge Charger. Way more roomy on the inside and lots of storage in the back for other fun stuff.

White (paint) privilege? :giggle:

@Glocker @Msfitoy @DukeCanBuildit

IMG_20211024_145120.jpg
Sponsored

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
One hell of an intimidating view in the rear mirror...love the cut out radiator grill on the trooper versions...o_O

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
So I'm curious as to the performance? I think most of our departments in this area of Texas have multiple versions...standard patrol and then the high performance models that have the 3.0 turbo? How does it pull vs the charger?

sorry for all the questions just curious :)

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
So I'm curious as to the performance? I think most of our departments in this area of Texas have multiple versions...standard patrol and then the high performance models that have the 3.0 turbo? How does it pull vs the charger?

sorry for all the questions just curious :)
It "feels" slower and the 10 speed in it makes it feel limp, but like most new cars its going fast before you know it. Mainly the lower gears make it feel sad. No push you in your seat feeling like a charger, but I gladly traded up to more quality of life changes in the SUV.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Total click bait title, but I got upgraded at work. So much better than having to scrunch down into a Dodge Charger. Way more roomy on the inside and lots of storage in the back for other fun stuff.

IMG_20211024_145120.jpg
Stay safe out there, I was a PA in region 1 (Sacramento) for a few years, I feel your pain having to deal with those upstanding citizens.

Delirious

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase

IMG_20211024_145120.jpg
Sincerely hope that lifetime is many decades from now.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
This is old news, but just want to make sure yours have been checked out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna791031
Wow. Is that a factory installation, or an aftermarket install of accessories. It looks like something our radio shop would do. In one of our Ford F-250's, they installed our opticom system and connected it to the courtesy light harness, so that when we open the door, the opticom system turns off, so we're not playing havoc with traffic lights the entire time we're on scene and not going anywhere. The result of that is that the courtesy light comes on every time we activate or deactive our lightbar. At 3AM, driving on a dark road, this causes an immediate problem with safety as we are temporarily blinded and can't see outside. Their response, "It was the easiest thing to do." I told our Deputy Director that he should send it back and tell them to do the next easiest thing instead, which would be to correctly install the system. He didn't. Thankfully, it's not my truck.

RecoilOperated

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F-150 XLT, 2022 Subaru Outback
Occupation
ICU Nurse
This is old news, but just want to make sure yours have been checked out.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna791031
That issue was unique to the previous generation of Explorer. It reminds me of the problem they had with the Crown Vics where upfitters would drill through the floor of the trunk to mount electronics and storage systems and penetrate the gas tank, leading to fires in the event of a rear-end collision.

OP
OP
OFC Ranger

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
Shucks, I was hoping you won it.
I wouldn't have any use for a second vehicle, if that was the case I would sell it and just dump a chunk of the money back into the Ranger. haha

Oh the absurdity of what I could do with the Ranger with that kind of spare cash.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Wow. Is that a factory installation, or an aftermarket install of accessories. It looks like something our radio shop would do. In one of our Ford F-250's, they installed our opticom system and connected it to the courtesy light harness, so that when we open the door, the opticom system turns off, so we're not playing havoc with traffic lights the entire time we're on scene and not going anywhere. The result of that is that the courtesy light comes on every time we activate or deactive our lightbar. At 3AM, driving on a dark road, this causes an immediate problem with safety as we are temporarily blinded and can't see outside. Their response, "It was the easiest thing to do." I told our Deputy Director that he should send it back and tell them to do the next easiest thing instead, which would be to correctly install the system. He didn't. Thankfully, it's not my truck.
That's an install similar to your F-250.

Not surprised. I've known some dudes who do fleet radio work for departments. Not too impressive
That issue was unique to the previous generation of Explorer. It reminds me of the problem they had with the Crown Vics where upfitters would drill through the floor of the trunk to mount electronics and storage systems and penetrate the gas tank, leading to fires in the event of a rear-end collision.
Gotcha, knew it was upfitter caused but didn't realize it was the previous generation.

halligan1201

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
Occupation
Emergency Management
Vehicle Showcase
How does the police package handle? I just put 2,500 miles on a rental Limited and while it rode down the highway real nice, it handled like a pregnant cow.

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
I remember back in the academy the awd Ecoboost explorers would pull away from the 5.7 chargers at the track. It was impressive really.
Sponsored