How long did your factory tires last (miles)

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger fx2 and a 2019 Subaru Outback
Occupation
medical
im at about 40k on stock hankooks and still legal tread no wear bars showing yet, these are the longest lasting OEM tires ive ever had its the FX2 pkg..... not sure what ill be replacing them with probably highway terrains since I dont go off road much....... BTW the only complaint on the hankooks is the back end fishtails on wet roadsif im not careful but better since I dropped pressure to 33 in backs - if they still sold the hankooks I might get a another set..... regular rotations every 5-7k with oil changes
Sponsored

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
Just passed 42k on OEM Hankooks. They still show up in the "green" on my inspection paperwork, but they have noticeably less tread depth than new. Not at the wear bars yet. No major complaints about handling yet (though I've noticed some minor sketch within the past 5k mi or so). Not sure if I'll try to push them to 50k or not, but if they're not completely worn by then, I bet I'll be approaching it.
same- about 40k on mine try putting rears at about 33 lbs it helps on wet roads. pretty decent tires

Roscoe P

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Ford RangernXLT
Occupation
Retired
My 22 Ranger 302a XLT just had the 15k service at 16k miles. The shop said my rear tires are already down to 4mm. How many miles did you get on your factory tires?

28K .Took a while to find a size. I went old school . Michelin OWL .

Michael Chace

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport
My 22 Ranger 302a XLT just had the 15k service at 16k miles. The shop said my rear tires are already down to 4mm. How many miles did you get on your factory tires?
Had to replace front two at 30000 the other two at 35000 and they were Bridgestone I had same tires on my 2012 Tacoma laster 95000.

Michael7571

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT Splash Edition
I have the Hankooks on my '21 Ranger. Currently have about 22k miles. Plenty of tread left, but the rubber is getting hard and starting to crack on the outside of the tires, so I'll be replacing them soon.
Mine are doing the same with 23k. I’m in upstate NY and they are not good in the snow. The treads get filled with wet snow and I have trouble turning the front tires. Getting Falken Wildpeak AT3’s this week.

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
I have 43.5K on original Bridgestone with about 3/32 to 1/8 before wear bars.
Rotated every 5-6K.

thewhiteranger

First Name
andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
medical
has anyone tried the continental HT tires??? they look decent and are supposed to be about the same as he Michelin defender ones I dont do much off road and its getting time to think about replacing

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
I replaced mine at about 40k with Michelin Defenders. I could have gotten more miles out of them, but I don't see a need to squeeze every mile out of them.

ChiefQM

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Retired
I had Hankooks as OEM and found them to be terribly noisy. I swapped them out at 39K miles with perhaps 5K more miles on the tire tread for Bridgestone Duellers and have been happy. I have almost 48K miles now.

Ext1809

First Name
Jeffrrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
semi-retired
I have the Hankooks on my '21 Ranger. Currently have about 22k miles. Plenty of tread left, but the rubber is getting hard and starting to crack on the outside of the tires, so I'll be replacing them soon.
Same truck (21 Extended) in Cactus Green…. I am looking at my tires at 16k and thinking I would like to change out be/c I have an itch to do something new and change the look. Hankooks on 18s.

Dr_Strangelove

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 XLT Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Art & Design
@got3fords - Makes sense why the rears only would rare out in this case. That is why I asked that question. In my dry environment wheel spin is usually a volunteer effort from the drivers foot. I can see some of you guys in wet or cold climate having to mitigate wheel slip with the light rear end.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
@got3fords - Makes sense why the rears only would rare out in this case. That is why I asked that question. In my dry environment wheel spin is usually a volunteer effort from the drivers foot. I can see some of you guys in wet or cold climate having to mitigate wheel slip with the light rear end.
:like:

Carl_Sj

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport Supercab 4x4, '19 Lance 1995
Occupation
Retired
I've got the Bridgestones at about 36K and am due for replacements. 18K of that has been towing a 5700 lb travel trailer. If I wasn't towing regularly I probably wait until 40K to replace them. Tires rotated with the oil change every 5K.
Sponsored