How can I tell if co-pilot360 equipped or not?

Expressonate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Occupation
Welder
Hey all, first post. I tried to search and only came up with a thread discussing co-pilot360, so hopefully someone can shed some light on it.

I'm looking for a 19+ ranger xl 4wd supercab with copilot360. Base model. Vinyl seats, rubber floors ect. But I want co-pilot360. I'm familiar with Ram trucks, and can tell if it's got the equivalent system by looking at the steering wheel and seeing that it has a button to select different follow distances for the adaptive cruise control.

The problem that I'm having is that dealerships are listing some as having co-pilot360 but when I call I eventually get told it doesnt, but it has factory lane departure warning (which is annoying and stupid ((in my opinion)) if not coupled with a mechanism for keeping you in the lane if you drift out of it)

Is there a way to tell based on additional controls on the steering wheel or elsewhere?

I rented a 19 ranger in denver and fell in love with it. I love my hemi, but it drinks fuel like a mofo, and I have no need to tow over 6500lbs most of the time, and if I do, I can rent a 3/4 ton.

I know some people think poorly on those who like the drivers assistance packages, but I like it, and I'm willing to give up my paid for ram to have it.

Also, if anyone knows where there's a White or Silver poverty spec supercab with 4wd and co-pilot360 within 300 miles of Eau Claire WI 54703 please feel free to drop a link.

Thank you
-Nate
Sponsored

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
This is what Ford on their website lists for copilot 360. I have a lariat with tech package, which has all the features, standard and optional. As you work your way thru the build site you can figure out which items come with the various trims. It is rather confusing, and hopefully someone with an XL can be more specific. Lane keeping allows you to set up various options for driver alert.
1613443262325.png

Here is an XLT that is near me that is discounted. It has the tech package, and under functional the items I would expect you to get with an XL if you could see that trucks window sticker. OBTW, supercab 4wd is a nice truck.
1613443684033.png

1613443788280.png

TomC

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger lariat supercab FX4
Occupation
Family vehicle MX officer
here is a XL supercrew 4wd that has copilot 360 listed under optional; what that package adds I'm not sure...good luck and hope this helps.
1613445048008.png

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
If there's no window sticker the easiest way to know for sure is just look at the headlight switch. There will be a little "auto headlight" symbol at the last clockwise position of the switch. If it has the "auto" headlights it's good to go. Like you I wanted the system on my Ranger. The cross traffic sensor helps a lot in crowded parking lots for sure.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
I have a 19 XL with copilot 360. Not sure if you can get copilot 360 without the STX package though--which will include cloth seats.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
I have a 19 XL with copilot 360. Not sure if you can get copilot 360 without the STX package though--which will include cloth seats.
You can Joseph. Saw that when I was building mine to order.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
You can Joseph. Saw that when I was building mine to order.
Ah, therein lies my problem. I was only shopping in spring of 2020 for a 19 and they couldn't find that configuration.

I am glad to have the stx though, if for nothing other than the oem for light wiring since I ditched the 17" wheels and oem bumper.

Jake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT
Vehicle Showcase
Easiest way to know is by the tail lights. If they look like this, it has the copilot 360.
20200408_192106.jpg

The blind spot monitoring that is part of the copilot system uses radar module integral to the tail light so you get the upgraded LED tail lights with the package. A truck without the package would get tail lights that look like this.
1613517336604.png

OP
OP

Expressonate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None yet
Occupation
Welder
Easiest way to know is by the tail lights. If they look like this, it has the copilot 360.
20200408_192106.jpg

The blind spot monitoring that is part of the copilot system uses radar module integral to the tail light so you get the upgraded LED tail lights with the package. A truck without the package would get tail lights that look like this.
1613517336604.png
Hi there. The one I had as a rental was an XLT, and had the above style headlights with the radar on them. The truck had "lane departure warning" but would not activly keep itself in the lane. It also did not have adaptive cruise control. It had the automatic highbeam headlights as well.

To all others, there's the ability to build an XL on the website and add the co-pilot 360, but I just cant find one on a lot anywhere.

IF (you, the reader, knower of 5g ranger things) wanted to find a base model truck with this option, HOW IN THE HECK would you find it????

I live in Eau Claire WI 54703, and theres exactly 3 ford rangers for sale within a half hour of me...

Am I being a cheapass by wanting a sub $30k ranger with lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, and copilot 360?

Thank you.
-Nate

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
If it’s as pictured, a super cab you’ll be looking or just order to build. That’s not a common truck.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Hi there. The one I had as a rental was an XLT, and had the above style headlights with the radar on them. The truck had "lane departure warning" but would not activly keep itself in the lane. It also did not have adaptive cruise control. It had the automatic highbeam headlights as well.

To all others, there's the ability to build an XL on the website and add the co-pilot 360, but I just cant find one on a lot anywhere.

IF (you, the reader, knower of 5g ranger things) wanted to find a base model truck with this option, HOW IN THE HECK would you find it????

I live in Eau Claire WI 54703, and theres exactly 3 ford rangers for sale within a half hour of me...

Am I being a cheapass by wanting a sub $30k ranger with lane keep assist, adaptive cruise, and copilot 360?

Thank you.
-Nate
If I were you I'd build it in the B&P then search inventory with your radius spread all the way out. Then check the sticker on the vehicles shown.

If I couldn't find one that way I'd go talk to my local dealership about ordering one or getting one transferred in.

And, yes, in my opinion you're being a little cheap. But it's your truck, buy what you want.

armoredpig

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Occupation
Nurse
Tell your dealer to find it for you! They shipped mine from 3 states away
Sponsored