How Bad is the Nanny?

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
My Colorado had rear camera but no sensors front or rear... with the ranger I can park in the garage and I don't need the stupid handing tennis ball anymore lol.
Yep that's one I really like the parking sensors with the backup camera are great.
Sponsored

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I have to say I like all the nannies on my truck the only one that can be a pain in the arse sometimes is the auto high beam.
I think I have to change that the auto engine shut off is the one nanny I can say I hate.

JimJa

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ford Ranger Lariat, '18 Focus RS, '17 Escape Titanium
Nanny stuff...re the back seat warning. It's coming for all vehicles and is there to prevent kids/pets dying in an overheated vehicle.
Lane keeping: Don't use it. Auto braking (collision): Can be dangerous on curves or if someone is waiting to turn left in front of you on a two lane and crowds the center line. I'm alert for it now, but the first couple of times it scared the crap out of me. Adaptive Cruise: Use it but still am not comfortable with it. It likes it gets right up on the vehicle ahead then slams on the brakes which is very unnerving and too abrupt.

@Mellow. Mirrors. I do not like the yellow light on the mirror either. As you noted, you are looking at the mirror anyway. Our Escape's collision alarm has six lights on the upper dash that reflect on the windshield when activated. I would like to see the two outer lights be yellow (collision lights are red) and come on for blind spot warning instead of on the mirror itself but also be able to selectable, on/off, intensity, and/or night shifted to the outside mirror.
Mirrors. Understand the method of blind spot recognition is a personal thing. I happen to love European outside mirrors and previously put them on every vehicle I owned. Unfortunately, the company that provided them (Multivex) went out of business. The entire outside quarter of the mirror is convex, curving sharply to reveal anyone along side. Early models had a very fine vertical line to differentiate between the remaining flat and curved portion. In Europe the line remains. Most people upon seeing the mirror for the first time will comment that something is wrong with the mirror. I very quickly adapted and prefer them to any "add-on" currently available in the U.S., particularly the 'extra' mirror in the upper outside corner.

DavidR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Supercab Saber FX4
Occupation
Engineer
I think I have to change that the auto engine shut off is the one nanny I can say I hate.
Unfortunately that one will re-enable itself the next time you get in and start the engine. From other threads, though, people have discovered that if you plug anything into the AC outlet in the back seat, it will disable auto start-stop as long as you leave it plugged in. I haven't actually tried this yet, so YMMV.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
Now that it is cold :giggle: in AZ my ass nanny gremlin doesnt work. Last winter it also didnt work. It does work in the hot months. Seems ass backwards too me. ?

Lone

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Hot Pepper
Minor note - the lane keep can be switched between correction and vibration. Also, as I recall, some degree of intensity. The first time I tried to exit the highway without a turn signal, the Ranger tried to pull me back onto the highway. Scarred the poop out of me. Reset it to a low vibration warning and it's much more acceptable.

frmtrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Crew 2wd (301a, Trailer Tow, Locker)
My only complaints along those lines are: 1. No physical button or onscreen shortcut to turn the SYNC 3 display off (you need to dig into the menu) 2. No setting to start with the display off.

FCA Uconnect has both of those, and I really appreciate those options to minimize distractions and reduce light in the cab at night.

Otherwise, everything else is well thought out. Blind spot warnings are just a yellow light in the mirror (no beeping), and all the other safety features are fully configurable.

Scott D

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XL/STX
Unfortunately that one will re-enable itself the next time you get in and start the engine. From other threads, though, people have discovered that if you plug anything into the AC outlet in the back seat, it will disable auto start-stop as long as you leave it plugged in. I haven't actually tried this yet, so YMMV.
The LED night light trick does indeed work great.

The auto stop/start was my only real gripe when it comes to nanny stuff.

If my Ranger had commercials popping up on the screen, that would be a big, big problem. Commercials are one of the reasons I quit watching TV.