Horrible MPG's

EcoRanger

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 301A SuperCrew 4X4 2015 Ecoboost Mustang 50 Year Appereance Package convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Are you disabling start/stop? I find my mileage to drop quickly if it idles much.

I turn Auto stop off every time I start her I still get 23mpg or better.
Sponsored

MSG W

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat everything on it but Chrome Package
Vehicle Showcase
I absolutely HATE that feature..... It's permanently with the Autostop Eliminator. hmmm.....
sorry if i missed this but are doing city or highway driving?

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX2 SuperCrew Rapid Red
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
sorry if i missed this but are doing city or highway driving?
Both, daily... I actually didn't specify earlier....

I'm going to experiment with a couple of variables as mentioned through the replies. I'm at 33 PSI and going to shoot for 36 this week. Run the whole tank of 89 octane and maybe even go to 91 since it's in the triple digits here daily (book says 91 for hot weather and towing).

Not sure what else I can change.... If it stays the same its back to stealership!

Daniel Scarbrough

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 RANGER FX4 LARIAT W/ SPORT PACKAGE 501A {HOT PEPPER RED}
Had for 3 months almost 11k on it. Averaged 22.5 mostly Sport mode and used cruise on the highway. Added Eibach lift springs and shocks plus new Nitto Ridge Grapplers (285/70 17) and new Fuel Nitro wheels and averaged about 18.5 so far this past week it's been on. I run 93Octane.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Cruise control, especially if you have adaptive is also a major gas saver

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
Both, daily... I actually didn't specify earlier....

I'm going to experiment with a couple of variables as mentioned through the replies. I'm at 33 PSI and going to shoot for 36 this week. Run the whole tank of 89 octane and maybe even go to 91 since it's in the triple digits here daily (book says 91 for hot weather and towing).

Not sure what else I can change.... If it stays the same its back to stealership!
Back to dealer? All in your foot.
My tires are at 33/34 hot....meanin 30/31 cold per sticker.

Keep autostop enabled.
No NHRA take offs
Stay out of S mode.
And lay of the brakes.

Gaurenteed to be better MPG.

SandBaja

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver FX4, 501A pkg, fully optioned,2012 Rubicon, 2017 Cherokee, 2018 Volt
Occupation
Almost retired
So to start I don't live in boost or WOT. I drive pretty normally and admittedly take full advantage of the turbo while getting on the highway/passing, etc. I'm at a little over 3k on the odo and have been getting 16mpg pretty consecutively. I put in 89 octane (as opposed to 87) yesterday to see but time will tell, in one day it's about the same if not a little worse...... Ideas?
Mines about the same as yours Polar Bear. 16 driving normally, 17 if I get out and push while starting.:( Less than 900 miles so far. I've tried 87 and 91 without noticeable difference in mileage. Gas has been 100% Costco so far and CA has SPECIAL blends. I've also driven in the city with stop and go 95% of the time. There are few flat areas in San Diego, except some roads along the coast. I need some long distance highway road time but wont get the opportunity for another 2-3 months and then I'll also get some fuel out of Mexico to see if that makes a difference. Maybe we have some thirsty injectors?

Srgraham1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL STX
Vehicle Showcase
23.1 mpg and have never reset economy. Mixed towing 5k lbs camper, heavy hauls, city and highway trips daily roughly 50 50. 4x4 stx super crew. I'll put the hammer down to pass or get on the freeway but most of the time I take my time getting up to speed and usually 75mph on the freeway. Auto start stop not disabled, tires run 32 psi cold. Gas has been all over the board from 87-93, mostly running 87/89 and try to run 1 tank a month of 93 or when towing. No mods all stock.

20190811_201857.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I'm on my first fill up (after dealers original) using 87 and I'm averaging 22.3 right now with 465 miles on my truck and 100% city driving. The ac is going 100% of the time so the auto stop/start won't even engage and yes I do get into the boost from time to time. Something definitely doesn't sound right.

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Why???

Can't even notice it and it saves gas.
Back to dealer? All in your foot.
My tires are at 33/34 hot....meanin 30/31 cold per sticker.

Keep autostop enabled.
No NHRA take offs
Stay out of S mode.
And lay of the brakes.

Gaurenteed to be better MPG.
I do notice it. Drives me nuts. :curse:

I do drive pretty normal and like I admitted I take full advantage of the turbo on the on ramp and when passing. I've used S mode once or twice but with the revenue enforcing coppers :stop: around here I avoid that one. Braking is normal.
:headbang:

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
Mines about the same as yours Polar Bear. 16 driving normally, 17 if I get out and push while starting.:( Less than 900 miles so far. I've tried 87 and 91 without noticeable difference in mileage. Gas has been 100% Costco so far and CA has SPECIAL blends. I've also driven in the city with stop and go 95% of the time. There are few flat areas in San Diego, except some roads along the coast. I need some long distance highway road time but wont get the opportunity for another 2-3 months and then I'll also get some fuel out of Mexico to see if that makes a difference. Maybe we have some thirsty injectors?
Maybe so......:question:

OP
OP
Polar Bear

Polar Bear

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Medical
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my first fill up (after dealers original) using 87 and I'm averaging 22.3 right now with 465 miles on my truck and 100% city driving. The ac is going 100% of the time so the auto stop/start won't even engage and yes I do get into the boost from time to time. Something definitely doesn't sound right.
Agreed!

David Schuster

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4; 1969 Torino GT
Polar Bear: Can you get the average speed on your display? I'm getting 18.8 with 90%+ city driving at 1,745 miles from new and no reset from day 1. It shows my average speed at 17 mph. Only sport mode a couple times and pretty light on the gas. A little disappointed as sticker shows 20 city, but not the end of the world. XLT 4x4 crew (non FX4)

MPG.JPG
Sponsored