Hope my Ranger survise in this storm......

Ibanezbass671

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
So...
I dont have a garage, I live in a apartment complex, and my Ranger is parked outside while we endure this Typhoon.....
Hope she be okay after all the winds settles down.
The eye of the storm is passing as I typed this, we are experiencing winds of 120mh+...😰
Sponsored

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Scottopia

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat FX4, '11 GMC Acadia, '03 HD VRod
Occupation
Grand Sovereign Monarch of Scottopia
Vehicle Showcase
Good luck Jesse! The truck can be repaired and then you will have battle stories! Harder to repair humans, stay safe!

Ranger_Pawl

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
- Draftsman
Hang on over there!!! Fortunately (if you can say that about a typhoon) it had an eyewall replacement the past 12 hours, which weakened it (a little). Give us an update when you are able. 🤞

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Living in south Louisiana, I know that exact feeling when hurricane is brewing in the Gulf of Mexico. Many restless nights not knowing what you are going to wake up to.

Hang on over there!!! Fortunately (if you can say that about a typhoon) it had an eyewall replacement the past 12 hours, which weakened it (a little). Give us an update when you are able. 🤞
I read you post too fast. I thought you said you had an eyeball replacement. :crazy:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jesse, I just saw this on my homepage and I hope you, your family and everyone else in Guam are ok. :shock: 🙏

https://www.yahoo.com/news/guam-residents-shelter-military-scuttles-185919653.html

Typhoon Mawar flips cars, cuts power on Guam as scope of damage emerges in US Pacific territory

HAGATNA, Guam (AP) — Powerful Typhoon Mawar smashed the U.S. territory of Guam and continued lashing the Pacific island with high winds and heavy rain Thursday, knocking down trees, walls and power lines and creating a powerful storm surge that threatened to wash out low-lying areas.

The typhoon, the strongest to hit the territory of roughly 150,000 people since 2002, briefly made landfall Wednesday night as a Category 4 storm at Andersen Air Force Base on the northern tip of the island, according to National Weather Service meteorologist Patrick Doll.

The storm strengthened to 150 mph (241 kph) winds the following morning, regaining its status as a super typhoon, according to the weather service. Mawar was forecast to intensify further.
As it churned slowly over the island, the typhoon flipped cars and ripped branches from trees. At what felt like its peak intensity Wednesday night, the winds screeched and howled like jets flying overhead and rainwater rushed into some homes.

The early scope of the damage was difficult to ascertain, with power and internet failures making communication with the far-flung island difficult. The governor and lieutenant governor were making their way after daylight arrived to assess the damage, weather service meteorologist Landon Aydlett.

“It looks like toothpicks,” Aydlett said. “It looks like a scene from the move ‘Twister,’ with things just thrashed apart. Lots of Guam is dealing with a major mess that’s going to take weeks to clean up.”

OP
OP
Ibanezbass671

Ibanezbass671

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
Happy to report that we survived this ty[hoon. This was one of the hardest typhoon to ever hit Guam in 20 years.
My Ranger survived unscathed but unfortunately thw winds took out my bed cover....
WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 4.23.36 PM.jpeg

The Taco that was about 2 stalls from me took the hit.

WhatsApp Image 2023-05-25 at 4.23.44 PM.jpeg

You could say that....the Taco saved my truck..lol. Luckly the guy has good insurance.

OP
OP
Ibanezbass671

Ibanezbass671

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
IT Technician
Apparently, this Typhoon don't like Tacos.........

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Apparently, this Typhoon don't like Tacos.........
First off glad you're all ok and weathered the storm...pun intended.😜

Let this be a lesson to everyone. Even Mother Nature hates Tacomas! :rain:🌩 :shock:

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
think happy thoughts and where's @AzScorpion to tell you graphene 303 will clean up any dings
Leave the dings alone. You can spend the insurance money on accessories, and the pockmarks improve aerodynamics and improve your gas milage; think golfballs.
Sponsored