Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I finally received my invitation to order a Lightning so went to test drive one today . A 1st 2 minute reservation and they just now let me order one . Oh wait , no they didn't ! The Pro is sold out for 2023 and you can't place an order for an XLT because they will evaluate supply issues sometime in the spring to see if they can build them in '23 . The next trim up is the Lariat that I test drove today and it is 80 k ! . So you can get anything you want as long is it is what Ford wants you to have .
Still waiting on my July 2020 Bronco to be built :(

Anyway , when I pulled back in to the dealership this 2dr Bronco on 37's was making me look bad , LOL

20221021_095212.jpg
Sponsored

mokupilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 DeeZee Lariat Tremor, 09 Escape Limited
Occupation
Heavy aluminum tube logistics and transportation ✈
Wait. So, they only let you drive it for 2 minutes? Or did I misread that?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Jeeze it's like going to the prom with a hot date then going home alone. :frown: Ford has messed this (and every launch) up so bad I'm nervous to order a R6G!

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Jeeze it's like going to the prom with a hot date then going home alone. :frown: Ford has messed this (and every launch) up so bad I'm nervous to order a R6G!

Sure wish the pandemic never happened. Everyone who ordered a Bronco should already have it.

I'm very happy with my 2019 Ranger. I just received a letter from my dealer and they want me to trade it in for a 2023. Nope.

I thought long and hard about the next generation Ranger. I decided to keep my 2019 Ranger and trade in my 2019 Ford Edge. I have a 2022 Edge ST now. ?

Grumpaw

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Sport Supercab
Occupation
Navy Vet., Retired Police Sgt.
I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited about either one. Never liked the Bronco styling...looks like they copied styling from several Range Rovers and lumped them together, although the front fender grab handles are unique.
The Lightning...can't even tow a decent trailer more than 75-100 miles....useless for moderate to heavy duty use, unless you need to power your house. And, look out if you live in a flood prone area !!!
Go ahead.....FLAME ME !!! I can take it....I drive a real IC Pickup Truck !!! :giggle:

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Sure wish the pandemic never happened. Everyone who ordered a Bronco should already have it.

I'm very happy with my 2019 Ranger. I just received a letter from my dealer and they want me to trade it in for a 2023. Nope.

I thought long and hard about the next generation Ranger. I decided to keep my 2019 Ranger and trade in my 2019 Ford Edge. I have a 2022 Edge ST now. ?
I love my 2019 too and I added an extended warranty (first time ever) to my Ranger back in May. It was for 6/75,000 and now I'm starting to think I should've went longer.

I'd really like a PHEV Ranger. But with the way the launches have been going and all the delays and constraints I'm not holding my breath. I'll tell you one thing there's NO way I'm going to wait 2+ years for one!

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Ford sure has had its issues that's for sure, my 21 Ranger will more than likely be my last Ford Truck. At some point I will go EV for a commuter car, especially as I have enough solar to charge it off grid. I will just enjoy the feeling of the Rangers Turbo as I burn fossil fuel and money for a while longer.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited about either one. Never liked the Bronco styling...looks like they copied styling from several Range Rovers and lumped them together, although the front fender grab handles are unique.
The Lightning...can't even tow a decent trailer more than 75-100 miles....useless for moderate to heavy duty use, unless you need to power your house. And, look out if you live in a flood prone area !!!
Go ahead.....FLAME ME !!! I can take it....I drive a real IC Pickup Truck !!! :giggle:

Ok.....sure... why not. ?

6d662e0e-3c1b-48ab-b2b6-deebee965ed4.gif

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
They should have offered a hybrid with decent power, in addition to the full EV. But the hybrids still use gasoline, so the MPG numbers would not be high enough to keep them from being fined out of existence. EVs count for double in the NHTSA's system of accounting for the fleet volume. The penalty is being raised from $5.50 (per 0.1 mpg over the target rate, per vehicle) to $14.00 beginning in MY2022. The entire system has become extremely convoluted and an elaborate system of offsets and credit has come into being, with manufacturers allowed to offer credits from their fleet numbers to competitors. You actually have to read it to believe how cumbersome and burdensome it has become. They have added greenhouse gases (GHG) into the mix and this further biases the selection of EVs over sensible IC technologies. This is the kind of thing that is driving the cost of new cars to the extremes we are currently experiencing.

Cars: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-49/subtitle-B/chapter-V/part-531
Light Trucks: https://www.ecfr.gov/current/title-49/subtitle-B/chapter-V/part-533
"Credits and Flexibilities": https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.g...d_flexibilities_final_clean_080218_v1-tag.pdf

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
I finally received my invitation to order a Lightning so went to test drive one today . A 1st 2 minute reservation and they just now let me order one . Oh wait , no they didn't ! The Pro is sold out for 2023 and you can't place an order for an XLT because they will evaluate supply issues sometime in the spring to see if they can build them in '23 . The next trim up is the Lariat that I test drove today and it is 80 k ! . So you can get anything you want as long is it is what Ford wants you to have .

Anyway , when I pulled back in to the dealership this 2dr Bronco on 37's was making me look bad , LOL

20221021_095212.jpg
wow a 2 door!

9zero1790

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 super crew fx4 sport
Occupation
air breather
i see several 4 door broncos a day around here. still have not seen a two door in the wild.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer

20221021_095212.jpg
That red Bronco is sweet looking, very much like the original. And available with a manual trans, might consider one after we get supply chains again.

OP
OP
rydfree

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Wait. So, they only let you drive it for 2 minutes? Or did I misread that?
No I test drove it for about 20 miles . I've had a reservation for one since within the 1st 2 minutes of the reveal last year and Ford just sent me the invitation to order one . They can't even make the first two trims so still can't order what I want :(
Sponsored