Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Just don't let the batteries get wet.....pooooof !!!!
I don't live in a flood prone area and it has a 8 year warranty so that's not a worry for me . If it was under water long enough for the batteries to go poof I would not want it anyway , EV or ICE .
Sponsored

OP
OP
rydfree

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm sorry, but I just can't get excited about either one. Never liked the Bronco styling...looks like they copied styling from several Range Rovers and lumped them together, although the front fender grab handles are unique.
The Lightning...can't even tow a decent trailer more than 75-100 miles....useless for moderate to heavy duty use, unless you need to power your house. And, look out if you live in a flood prone area !!!
Go ahead.....FLAME ME !!! I can take it....I drive a real IC Pickup Truck !!! :giggle:
The Lightning would be perfect for me as it's use would be solely for driving to work and around town and to tow my tractor around for short distances . The Bronco and the wife's car would handle everything else .

SigOris

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Crew Cab
Occupation
Retired
I love my 2019 too and I added an extended warranty (first time ever) to my Ranger back in May. It was for 6/75,000 and now I'm starting to think I should've went longer.

I'd really like a PHEV Ranger. But with the way the launches have been going and all the delays and constraints I'm not holding my breath. I'll tell you one thing there's NO way I'm going to wait 2+ years for one!
Dave, Ford is doing the Johnny Cash, one piece at time, building up inventory of parts for the 6G by not installing parts on the 5G’s.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Dave, Ford is doing the Johnny Cash, one piece at time, building up inventory of parts for the 6G by not installing parts on the 5G’s.
I like the way you think John. :like: But with the 6G being a completely new redesign I have the feeling there's going to be MANY more parts constraints.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Ok.....sure... why not. ?

6d662e0e-3c1b-48ab-b2b6-deebee965ed4.gif
You beat me to it . I was gonna get mine out , LOL

Since we're burning hydrocarbons, we have to add this guy...

tumblr_inline_o9sk8vbIgX1swd8q3_500.gif

As far as the Bronco, I initially wanted one.

That feeling has passed due to Ford's complete botching of the launch and now that I see them fairly frequently they've turned kinda "meh" to me.

My current Ranger meets my needs just fine and I'm planning on keeping it long term.

Like @AzScorpion , I'm going to be purchasing the extended warranty for the first time.

Not so much because I'm worried about the drivetrain, but because I do have long term concerns with my 2019 heater box.

And I would suspect that the deductible would be far less than the replacement of just one of the myriad sensors scattered about the truck.

Figarou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Edge ST, 2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
Since we're burning hydrocarbons, we have to add this guy...

tumblr_inline_o9sk8vbIgX1swd8q3_500.gif

As far as the Bronco, I initially wanted one.

That feeling has passed due to Ford's complete botching of the launch and now that I see them fairly frequently they've turned kinda "meh" to me.

My current Ranger meets my needs just fine and I'm planning on keeping it long term.

Like @AzScorpion , I'm going to be purchasing the extended warranty for the first time.

Not so much because I'm worried about the drivetrain, but because I do have long term concerns with my 2019 heater box.

And I would suspect that the deductible would be far less than the replacement of just one of the myriad sensors scattered about the truck.

Here's my extended warranty. It's not a daily driver, by the way.

Screenshot_20221022-083144.png

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Mine just turned over 18k and it will be 3 years in December.

I'll probably do the 96/60 plan.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

Dennis You should add the LED lighting to it too. IIRC it's only an extra $50 and well worth it.

My heater box went out 3 weeks before going on our trip in June. That helped push me towards getting the extended warranty along with what Tracy @Tracy Bowman had to go through with hers. I think was the PCM/BCM failed and it cost her just over $2,000 and it was just out of the 3/36 but one of them was covered under the 5/60. Luckily we don't need heat much here so I fixed it myself and can easily flip it over to heat if needed. But at some point we might be moving (who knows when) and I most likely will be in an area that'll be colder than it is here. ?

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Dennis You should add the LED lighting to it too. IIRC it's only an extra $50 and well worth it.

My heater box went out 3 weeks before going on our trip in June. That helped push me towards getting the extended warranty along with what Tracy @Tracy Bowman had to go through with hers. I think was the PCM/BCM failed and it cost her just over $2,000 and it was just out of the 3/36 but one of them was covered under the 5/60. Luckily we don't need heat much here so I fixed it myself and can easily flip it over to heat if needed. But at some point we might be moving (who knows when) and I most likely will be in an area that'll be colder than it is here. ?
That is correct. Your memory is better than mine! My Ranger runs so well, I forget I ever had a problem. :) I’m just thankful I was still in the range where I could get an extended warranty.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
I finally received my invitation to order a Lightning so went to test drive one today . A 1st 2 minute reservation and they just now let me order one . Oh wait , no they didn't ! The Pro is sold out for 2023 and you can't place an order for an XLT because they will evaluate supply issues sometime in the spring to see if they can build them in '23 . The next trim up is the Lariat that I test drove today and it is 80 k ! . So you can get anything you want as long is it is what Ford wants you to have .
Still waiting on my July 2020 Bronco to be built :(

Anyway , when I pulled back in to the dealership this 2dr Bronco on 37's was making me look bad , LOL

20221021_095212.jpg
It's a hologram, it's not really there