First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
Redline Tuning is one of the companies that make the struts for the Jeep. From what I've read everyone is happy with theirs and they make a really good product. I'd bet they're working on some for the Ranger now but might be a few months seeing this was just recently deleted.
Installed Redline Struts on my two top end Mustang GT Premiums, that came with props - hate props! Have a set of Red Lines on my '73 Bronco... They are a great product! Ford cheaping out on struts is a common thing...

AND, I remember when thy stopped installing radiator petcocks to save that dime for cost cutting measures back in the 70's maybe 80's....

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The people at Ford will probably claim these items were deleted do to "supply chain issues" an not cost cutting.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
The people at Ford will probably claim these items were deleted do to "supply chain issues" an not cost cutting.
You're probably right but I'm sure some things are legitimate supply issues.

subquark

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Website
subQuark.com
Vehicle(s)
Soupie! Race Red '22 XL 101A Scab 4X2 w/steelies
Occupation
game publisher
Must be the semiconductor chips in the struts! :facepalm:

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
Something else that's also gone the way of the dinos is a dipstick for checking the transmission fluid level and or smell and color.
I have a 2013 Chevy that developed a small seep around the tranny and the "Service Advisor" advised me to " just keep checking the fluid level " Later on I was completely two-blocked when I tried to due to the fact there is no dip stick. When I was back in for another oil change, I brought that up to him and he just had a blank look in his face... like What??
That's when I realized the truth that many service advisors are mostly just sales wonks.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
You're probably right but I'm sure some things are legitimate supply issues.
I deal with the supply chain everyday. There are millions of shortages all over the place, one day it is steel, the next copper, the day after that fittings, the day after toliet paper, and your employees can't crap at work.

was recently quoted 6-7 months for a pallet of hex keys. all one size . This used to take 2 months.

every day it is a different part in jan I couldn't get 1/4-20 taps to save my life, ordering 200 a week flipped to 90 day lead time. now it is a 10-24 tap. The companies I supply them for use a thousand a month and I keep 2-3 months on hand, but we order weekly to keep them coming in.

A month goes by with no deliveries and suddenly chaos.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I deal with the supply chain everyday. There are millions of shortages all over the place, one day it is steel, the next copper, the day after that fittings, the day after toliet paper, and your employees can't crap at work.

was recently quoted 6-7 months for a pallet of hex keys. all one size . This used to take 2 months.

every day it is a different part in jan I couldn't get 1/4-20 taps to save my life, ordering 200 a week flipped to 90 day lead time. now it is a 10-24 tap. The companies I supply them for use a thousand a month and I keep 2-3 months on hand, but we order weekly to keep them coming in.

A month goes by with no deliveries and suddenly chaos.
I know every industry is a mess still. I have a hard time finding supplies that I use and when they finally become available I find myself having to shell out $2k-$3k to purchase what's in stock so I can keep working. It's a real pain having to store all this as we don't have basements here so it's all in my garage. They keep saying it's going to get better but it doesn't seem that way as things are progressively getting worse.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Must be the semiconductor chips in the struts! :facepalm:
There are other items that are hard to get. My buddy sells steel an they can't meet demand. It must be nice having a sales job that pays six figures where they call you.

BiilyJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
You joke, but back in the early 90's you had to pay extra for bumpers, tailgates, and spare tire mounts on some 1/2 ton trucks... Seeing a row of them on the lots that looked like this was common, Even for trucks not destined to have custom work beds.
And all of the rear bumpers that they put on had the dealers name stamped into the steel.

Peragrin

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Purchasing
I know every industry is a mess still. I have a hard time finding supplies that I use and when they finally become available I find myself having to shell out $2k-$3k to purchase what's in stock so I can keep working. It's a real pain having to store all this as we don't have basements here so it's all in my garage. They keep saying it's going to get better but it doesn't seem that way as things are progressively getting worse.
That's what distributors and distributor contracts are for.

The supply chain kept trying to cut distributors out This just goes to show you what they are good for.

Guessing based on Deezee If I was you I would look into an industrial supply distributor to act like a middleman. Not sure on your volume but if you are ordering $2-3k a month of items, then you should have those stocked in a warehouse nearby with commitments to purchase x amount. Even small manufacturers can make use of such things. your costs might go up but your overhead, and active headaches should go down.

Let them take the pain of getting the parts and quantities you need.
I don't know any specifically in your area so I won't recommend anyone. but you will probably do well with a small to midsized company.

Major manufacturers like Ford, Ruger, Titleiest all have layers of distributors so they don't need to store as much stuff daily. The issue the world has right now. is that those mid level layers are mostly depleted too. So the shock absorbers between manufacturers and users keep bouncing off each other instead of absorbing it.

Silver

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Tremor, 73 Bronco
Occupation
Retired Navy Officer
There's a strut???

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's what distributors and distributor contracts are for.

The supply chain kept trying to cut distributors out This just goes to show you what they are good for.

Guessing based on Deezee If I was you I would look into an industrial supply distributor to act like a middleman. Not sure on your volume but if you are ordering $2-3k a month of items, then you should have those stocked in a warehouse nearby with commitments to purchase x amount. Even small manufacturers can make use of such things. your costs might go up but your overhead, and active headaches should go down.

Let them take the pain of getting the parts and quantities you need.
I don't know any specifically in your area so I won't recommend anyone. but you will probably do well with a small to midsized company.

Major manufacturers like Ford, Ruger, Titleiest all have layers of distributors so they don't need to store as much stuff daily. The issue the world has right now. is that those mid level layers are mostly depleted too. So the shock absorbers between manufacturers and users keep bouncing off each other instead of absorbing it.
The DeeZee is a joke. lol I just added that to my occupation because I push their dampers so much I might as well be the CEO. ?
Sponsored