First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX4 Splash
Occupation
Retired - Air Cargo Industry
I got it done! Here's a picture of the finished product. The orange is a bit darker than the nostrils in the grill but I'll give it some time to see if it bothers me. Also, the taper at the front isn't as sharp as it is on the Mach1 but I prefer it as it is.

The installation wasn't too bad. Worst thing was I had to use a stool to reach all the way back. I had plenty of soapy water which you really need to be able to slide the layers around until they're centered. Let an hour pass between layers to let them dry before adding the next one.

IMG_2830.JPG

Tomorrow the truck gets a full wash and a nice coating of 303. Oh, and maybe hood struts if they show up!

Looks like I'll have to order the greyed out Ford badges. I just noticed the blue doesn't fit anymore.

Shout out to L&B Designworks! The material quality is great and their YouTube instruction video was essential.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I got it done! Here's a picture of the finished product. The orange is a bit darker than the nostrils in the grill but I'll give it some time to see if it bothers me. Also, the taper at the front isn't as sharp as it is on the Mach1 but I prefer it as it is.

The installation wasn't too bad. Worst thing was I had to use a stool to reach all the way back. I had plenty of soapy water which you really need to be able to slide the layers around until they're centered. Let an hour pass between layers to let them dry before adding the next one.

IMG_2830.JPG

Tomorrow the truck gets a full wash and a nice coating of 303. Oh, and maybe hood struts if they show up!

Looks like I'll have to order the greyed out Ford badges. I just noticed the blue doesn't fit anymore.

Shout out to L&B Designworks! The material quality is great and their YouTube instruction video was essential.
Wow that looks great Fred! ? You really did a good job installing it and lining everything up. The orange is a little different but I think it still looks good. Do the grille accents come out? If they do you could always wrap them with the same color as the hood if it bothers you.

OP
OP
FusedLogic

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Wow that looks great Fred! ? You really did a good job installing it and lining everything up. The orange is a little different but I think it still looks good. Do the grille accents come out? If they do you could always wrap them with the same color as the hood if it bothers you.
Thanks Dave. I'm sure the accents come out and I thought about that. The good thing about the layers on the stripe is that the orange part could technically be replaced. Although, I don't know how easily it would come off.

BDS

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger, '23 Mach E, '23 Bronco
I tried to install hood stripes on my Splash but could not get the decals to lay flat on the contours and ended up peeling them off. I got these on eBay and they matched the Splash colors perfectly.
587C0FD4-944B-4C2F-8E11-065FF2D26EC3.jpeg

OP
OP
FusedLogic

FusedLogic

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I tried to install hood stripes on my Splash but could not get the decals to lay flat on the contours and ended up peeling them off. I got these on eBay and they matched the Splash colors perfectly.
587C0FD4-944B-4C2F-8E11-065FF2D26EC3.jpeg
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. I can definitely sympathize. If they were narrower and didn't drop down into the well in the hood, it would have come out right.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Thanks Dave. I'm sure the accents come out and I thought about that. The good thing about the layers on the stripe is that the orange part could technically be replaced. Although, I don't know how easily it would come off.
Honestly, I don't think most people would notice. You would, and we do, but most of the general population won't see a difference, unless you point it out to them. So, it's really up to whether or not it bothers you.

BDS

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Ranger, '23 Mach E, '23 Bronco
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear that. I can definitely sympathize. If they were narrower and didn't drop down into the well in the hood, it would have come out right.
I agree. I just can’t find narrower ones in the right colors. I’ll keep looking and share here if I do. The Cactus Gray with those stripes looks so good in my opinion.

Ranger X

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Iconic Silver Ranger Sport 4x4
Fat thumbs made me post the pic twice, ugh ?