Ranger Mileage Report

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
I have a bone stock 2019 Ranger that I purchased new in October 2019 and thought to share its current status at 50,000 miles on the clock. Just perfect! This truck still drives as if I just drove it off the showroom floor... and that's not over exaggerated, either. Not one single issue with anything. Nada. Zip. Every single thing is working perfectly or as perfectly as it should. And this truck is not just driven to work daily, but deep into the everglades most every week, sometimes 2-3 times a week, miles out into the wilderness in search of monster largemouth bass. The only thing that I have invested in is new tires. And I purchased the same tires that came on the truck. The average miles meter is showing a steady 27 mpg and hasn't moved much in a while. So I can happily say that the gas mileage is above average related to the official reports. Other than that, it's regular oil changes at the local Quick Lane and that's about it. I used up my Ford Pass points long ago lol.

So let's hear how others are doing as those miles stack up.

truck.jpg
Sponsored

VegasRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STX Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Damper Salesman
Good to hear. I usually only keep vehicles a few years and trade in, but I plan to keep this one for the long haul, and it's long term reliability has always been on my mind. Not that I doubt it, but not really a large sample size of rangers out there yet to see how these hold up in the long run.

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
At 35,000 miles, my 2019 Ranger has had zero problems. It still looks brand new. I average 23-24 mpg - very happy with that. I still have my Hankooks on and they’ve been great so far. I plan on keeping this truck a very long time and so far, it’s met all my expectations. I don’t see that changing.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:
OP
OP

ZCoker

First Name
Zane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2012 Mini Cooper Clubman, 1981 Porsch Slantnose (550hp), 1980 BMW 528i (750hp)
Good to hear. I usually only keep vehicles a few years and trade in, but I plan to keep this one for the long haul, and it's long term reliability has always been on my mind. Not that I doubt it, but not really a large sample size of rangers out there yet to see how these hold up in the long run.
2 years...you must be leasing them? If not, I can't imagine only keeping them for 2 years but I guess some folks want to keep up-to-date with new features. As for the Ranger, I haven't really seen many big changes from year to year unless I just missed those changes altogether.
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc