Hidden winch & air flow?

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
I went wheeling this weekend and didn't notice any change in running temps whatsoever with it.
Sponsored

OP
OP

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Not for use with adaptive cruise equipped trucks ?
That statement is misleading and very poor marketing on their part.
You can easily make your own bracket to relocate the ACC or there are premade ones available. Why 589 Fabrication doesn't make a relocate bracket is beyond me. They are losing sales by stating you can't use their mount on ACC trucks.

Quick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger FX4
I think the 589 Fab winch mount is an awesome idea, but, it looks as if I'd end up mounting a Warn winch upside down (with the control pack facing downwards). How would you get in there to attach the remote control with the skid plate and all in the way. Is it accessible?

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I think the 589 Fab winch mount is an awesome idea, but, it looks as if I'd end up mounting a Warn winch upside down (with the control pack facing downwards). How would you get in there to attach the remote control with the skid plate and all in the way. Is it accessible?
The control pack is relocateable on most winches, and you get a keyfob add-on which can be gotten for just about any make/model of winch.

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
It's mounted sideways. It comes with a bracket to mount the control box in front of the battery. You can see on my build thread how I did mine. I mounted it behind the driver side fog light. The battery area was already too crowded.

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
How much weight is added to the front end of the truck with the mounting bracket/winch combo??

Nollie

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT, 2020 Subaru Impreza Sport, 1996 Porsche Carrera 4S, 1987 Toyota Pickup
Occupation
Red team analyst
Vehicle Showcase
How much weight is added to the front end of the truck with the mounting bracket/winch combo??
I have all my stuff sitting here while I wait to install so I weighed it. Rough Country 9500 synthetic line + 589 Fab brackets = 92lbs.

navyguy7224

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat CC Tremor
Occupation
Ford Service Tech
My problem is I have the ACC in the space I need lol and my family who works at the Dearborn testing site say don't move the ACC or itll throw codes. Thanks for the weight check.

Bludrok

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ranger5g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
My problem is I have the ACC in the space I need lol and my family who works at the Dearborn testing site say don't move the ACC or itll throw codes. Thanks for the weight check.
Multiple people here have relocated the ACC without any issue. There are several different brackets out there, or you could make your own. You shouldnt have any codes.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
This is where I think I'd get more use out of the winch if it was receiver mounted. I have a receiver front and back on the truck, so the versatility would help. Sometimes it's easy to get at something nose first, and sometimes the other way round.
Where did you find a front reciever that's strong enough to winch from?

Edit: remembered your custom reciever to move your boat around. Did you replace it with something stronger?

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
No noticeable difference, 88 lbs, modified the stock acc bracket and moved in the middle of the grille. Seems fine

OP
OP

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Where did you find a front reciever that's strong enough to winch from?

Edit: remembered your custom reciever to move your boat around. Did you replace it with something stronger?
I admit, my post was misleading. I posted as if I already had a winch capable receiver, when I should have said I would build one. I currently only have the receiver for moving my boat. It would be strong enough for light duty winching, but if I get a winch I'd build a much stronger one.
Sponsored