NAndrews33

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Vehicle Showcase
For those of you who installed the factory hitch, how difficult was it? From what I gather, I need to be very cautious removing the bumper pad. The directions a forum member uploaded don't look too bad. I'm thinking about doing this myself since I've got the time now and don't feel like paying the dealer. Also if you guys got any tips when installing please share.
Sponsored

gbritt89

First Name
Garret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX
Vehicle Showcase
There's maybe a handful of people on this forum who did and I was not one of them lol. Your best bet would be to have your dealership do it if you aren't comfortable doing it.

I had the drawtite hitch myself prior to being rear ended. I was able to have the oem hitch covered by my policy when I was rear ended and left it to the body shop to make it happen.

Nothing wrong with wanting OEM, but you can save yourself a massive headache and probably parting with your truck for a day or two by running either of the 2 aftermarket options.

AkRanger

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT HPR
I installed an aftermarket hitch. Took less than 30 minutes

porktyme

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XL
Recently did it and it's not for the faint of heart. Lots of great info in this post: https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/trucks-w-o-tow-package.1712/

Either purchase a new bumper pad or get ready to break out the angle grinder on the old bumper, it's in the post. Torque spec is 150 ft lbs which is missing in the instructions. When it's done the top of the hitch receiver is 22" off the ground. All in all, it's a very clean look when finished.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
As OEM hitches go it's actually pretty simple. A previous vehicle required neatly cutting a hole in the bumper cover with a utility knife, dropping the exhaust, just a long list of steps. I don't remember the exact numbers but it was quoted over $1000 installed, mostly for labor. (I went with an aftermarket; the OEM looked a lot nicer but I didn't care that much. After I read the install guide it was an easy decision.)
Sponsored