Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Tomorrow with mom there are 6 of us, and none of them like left overs. I'll take all the left overs with me, and have turkey every day until it's gone.

Sunday with dad's family is normally over 100 people and a hall rental. There will be many turkeys, beef, ham, salt beef, etc. but I'm not a big fan of their turkey, so I get all the other stuff Sunday. There will be enough food for the dinner and everyone takes a full take-out tray or two. Then we bring the rest to a shelter and donate it.

American Thanksgiving I go to my uncle's in Lewiston New York most years, but with Covid, we've been doing it at his daughter's house on this side of the border. Always Turkey.

Christmas is Mom's on one day and Dad's on the next, so again double turkey. Four to five turkey dinners for me in Oct, Nov & December. :)
Now I know why there are six huge barns at that big turkey farm in Ripley, ON.
Sponsored

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Canadian Thanksgiving is this Sunday, so happy Gobble Gobble to all!!! I just picked-up a 23.6 lb, free range, grass and grain feed fresh turkey from a local farmer. I'd post in the "what did you do with your Ranger today" but I never think of taking pictures like that, until I get home and plug in.

~28.5 hours and counting.
Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends! :turkey: :turkey: :turkey:

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Tomorrow with mom there are 6 of us, and none of them like left overs. I'll take all the left overs with me, and have turkey every day until it's gone.

Sunday with dad's family is normally over 100 people and a hall rental. There will be many turkeys, beef, ham, salt beef, etc. but I'm not a big fan of their turkey, so I get all the other stuff Sunday. There will be enough food for the dinner and everyone takes a full take-out tray or two. Then we bring the rest to a shelter and donate it.

American Thanksgiving I go to my uncle's in Lewiston New York most years, but with Covid, we've been doing it at his daughter's house on this side of the border. Always Turkey.

Christmas is Mom's on one day and Dad's on the next, so again double turkey. Four to five turkey dinners for me in Oct, Nov & December. :)
Alright, there better be pictures of these feasts Jay. I have never seen or heard of a 100 person+ food grubbing hall. Holy cow, that will be fantastic. Also very nice of you guys to donate the leftovers as I am sure the shelters love all that delicious cooking. You are the in turkey haven with all those events with the families. Happy belly, happy man.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
Alright, there better be pictures of these feasts Jay. I have never seen or heard of a 100 person+ food grubbing hall.
You don’t have Golden Corral in CA?

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
no need to wait.
I am sure my actual order wont look as pristine.....but it all looks the same in ma' belly
Thank you WhiteSpot for taking care of us travellers who live a solitary life of sadness during most Canadian Holidays.

1633719417041.png
Honestly, that looks good. I am sure it will taste quite nice even if it's not picture perfect. :p

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
no need to wait.
I am sure my actual order wont look as pristine.....but it all looks the same in ma' belly
Thank you WhiteSpot for taking care of us travellers who live a solitary life of sadness during most Canadian Holidays.

1633719417041.png
Looks delicious!

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
no need to wait.

1633719417041.png
Ahh, White Spot and bino’s - two of my regular haunts as a young guy living in Vancouver.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Ahh, White Spot and bino’s - two of my regular haunts as a young guy living in Vancouver.
I was curious about more of their menu. Wow, it ain't cheap. This is like restaurant level prices. It sounds absolutely tasty though :eek:
2b32279c6031177e25a2d515776cf38b.png

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
I was curious about more of their menu. Wow, it ain't cheap. This is like restaurant level prices. It sounds absolutely tasty though :eek:

2b32279c6031177e25a2d515776cf38b.png
When I lived there a million years ago, it was more of a burger joint/diner with indoor seating and car service. Drive up, decide what you want, turn on your headlights, they come out and take your order, then bring it to your car. It has definitely changed!

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
When I lived there a million years ago, it was more of a burger joint/diner with indoor seating and car service. Drive up, decide what you want, turn on your headlights, they come out and take your order, then bring it to your car. It has definitely changed!
Times have changed for sure. That sounds like a pleasant time though to have car service, I don't think we have anything like that beyond Sonic's :crackup: That does not compare.

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
Although I was pretty young, A&W still had a drive-up style restaurant like that in Hamilton when I was a kid. I'm guessing it closed around ~1980 and became Harvest Burger for ~20 years or more. Then Harvest burger closed, and they built a new A&W with dine- in, or drive-through, but not drive-up service.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Although I was pretty young, A&W still had a drive-up style restaurant like that in Hamilton when I was a kid. I'm guessing the it closed around ~1980 and became Harvest Burger for ~20 years or more. Then Harvest burger closed, and they built a new A&W with dine in, or drive trough, but not drive-up service.
I’m guessing the root beer floats there are KILLER. ?

OP
OP
JACKSMYDOG

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I’m guessing the root beer floats there are KILLER. ?
Indeed, oh I haven't had a float in decades. Mother's Pizza was good for them too, had pitchers size glasses too.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Indeed, oh I haven't had a float in decades. Mother's Pizza was good for them too, had pitchers size glasses too.
Root beer floats don't come to mind that often, but when I see it on the menu I have to have it. Never heard of Mother's Pizza. Man, the closest A&W is far from me, is it worth a stop by when I am in the area?
8b8fc98ee20212866fc0c38147af0583.png
Sponsored